Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Some updates about Gifting

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by nvangel View Post
    Okkk I've read. Reread repeatedly and feel completely Stupid!!! I still don't get it here I am a 46 yr old college graduate with 4 degrees and I can't get a simple concept. Can someone please explain the gift rules in English please with the drama? Thanks. Btw a Game shouldn't be this stressful. Most of us that play do so for a relaxation technique but so far its only another reason my hair is turning gray. I play all games available to android. In farm, restaurant, bakery I'm levels 90+ fashion and city I'm 60+ and empire and nightclub I'm 30+. I've been playing teamlava games for a Tad over a year...and I've put up with alot (mainly feeling like a second class person all because I'm on android instead of the precious IOS) SO PLEASE SOMEONE EXPLAIN THE NEW RULES TO ME!
    Don't feel stupid. This thread is really confusing. TL gives conflicting information, and users post what they see in their game. People are seeing different bugs that may affect their view of the gifting system and some are getting fixes, other aren't.

TL has been asked for an explanation by many in this thread and has not provided it.

I gave up on getting any consistent information from TL and ran some of my own tests. I understand the gifting system for my games, but it may be different for others, and its TL who really needs to provide the correct answer.

Grand Emperor
    I am also a college graduate and I'm confused about the gifting. I'm on android and I don't think its working like its supposed to but I don't really know, because I don't understand.

Executive Chef
    The time is supposed to be set from when the Gift is accepted, not received, though I can have our QA team research this further.

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    I am also a college graduate and I'm confused about the gifting. I'm on android and I don't think its working like its supposed to but I don't really know, because I don't understand.
    I think like this. eg.
    If you receive a gift at 8am, that counts as one of your 20 gifts. Your next gift-at 9am-is your second. At 9.15, you get another: gift 3. It keeps going like this until you get to 20 gifts in the last 24 hours. Unlike the old system, it does not reset at midnight PDT, but at 8am next day, you have one gifting slot available. Then another at 9am, and 9.15 etc.
    This is the same for everyone, so it can change for each neighbour.
    I think it should be scanning and only showing a "Use Gift/Gift Back" after the gift is accepted if it's possible. If not, it should grey out...it just doesn't.

Is that correct?

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    The time is supposed to be set from when the Gift is accepted, not received, though I can have our QA team research this further.
    Yes, please have your QA team look into this.

Rachael's explanation seems more correct than yours.

What hasn't been explained is how the gift decline affects the time.

Grand Emperor
    I keep getting the "gift back" but then when I do it doesn't go through saying they've reached their max. Why does it keep telling me to gift back when I can't? It's wasting my time and its extremely irritating. I should only be able to select the neighbors to gift back THAT I CAN ACTUALLY GIFT BACK. What a pain.

Executive Chef
    I keep getting the "gift back" but then when I do it doesn't go through saying they've reached their max. Why does it keep telling me to gift back when I can't? It's wasting my time and its extremely irritating. I should only be able to select the neighbors to gift back THAT I CAN ACTUALLY GIFT BACK. What a pain.
    Me too!!!!!!

The Honorable Panda
    I think pinkster that androids are still waiting on a fix grey out issue with the gift back button

For my games when I accept a gift, if that person needs a gift they stay in my list with the gift button ready. so I hit it and their gifts goes(every once in a while I will get the max out message, but these are usually ppl that I have never been able to get a gift to because of time zone differences).
    If the they are not ready for a gift, after I accept theirs , that nbr disappears from my list after I accept their gift.

Later in the day when I go on, I will have nbrs show up in my messages, the accept gift button is greyout because I have already gotten a gift from them, but the gift back button is ready. I hit that
    and they get my gift.

The system seems to keep track of who you try to gift and reminds you when they are ready.

every once in a while, when the button is ready to send them a gift, I will get the max out message, but I think at that time, they were really maxed out and could not get mine. but when this happens
    they do disappear from my list.

Sometimes, a person from the previous day will show up, that means I had tried to gift them the day before and missed them, so I get one more chance at sending them a gift.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    I think pinkster that androids are still waiting on a fix grey out issue with the gift back button

For my games when I accept a gift, if that person needs a gift they stay in my list with the gift button ready. so I hit it and their gifts goes(every once in a while I will get the max out message, but these are usually ppl that I have never been able to get a gift to because of time zone differences).
    If the they are not ready for a gift, after I accept theirs , that nbr disappears from my list after I accept their gift.

Later in the day when I go on, I will have nbrs show up in my messages, the accept gift button is greyout because I have already gotten a gift from them, but the gift back button is ready. I hit that
    and they get my gift.

The system seems to keep track of who you try to gift and reminds you when they are ready.

every once in a while, when the button is ready to send them a gift, I will get the max out message, but I think at that time, they were really maxed out and could not get mine. but when this happens
    they do disappear from my list.

Sometimes, a person from the previous day will show up, that means I had tried to gift them the day before and missed them, so I get one more chance at sending them a gift.
    In general, this is what Android sees. But there are some differences, I guess its because we don't have some of the other fixes in yet.

Executive Chef
    I'm hoping some time soon that the format for neighbors on android phones will be changed? It'd be great if we could have two columns side by side instead of just one, which creates a humongous list.