Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Drop in prices :(

I HATE HATE this update...

I know there's a few players who are complaining about too much food, so TL makes major changes based upon a few people's complaints?

If you have too much food... stop cooking for a couple days! I'm not being rude, but IMO it's a simple solution.

TL, maybe think about adding some additional expansions for people who have been playing for a long time.. That way they can have more room for counters. Also, maybe add more 2 day recipes or even 3 day recipes for those who don't want to stop cooking but also need to sell food. There's lots of other solutions than this.

I hope it's changed back.

Farm Supplier
    I agree with Queentina3, I would love for TL to smart this specifically. The blog post and thread response were vague at best. As a paying customer, I am truly disappointed. This was a sort of stress reliever for me before, but now has lost it's charm. It really is baffling to me and from what I've seen in the Android market, it is to the users there as well.

Grand Emperor
    The official word is that the change had new players in mind, not the few players complaining about too much food. While I agree the change does help the players with too much food, I think they got it wrong in that it'll help the new players. Keeping food on your counters was the toughest thing to do as a new player, and with less plates and still the same number of hours to cook and same number of appliances (unless you buy more for gems), its going to be worse for them.

Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    These changes were made to improve the balance of the game, particularly so for new players, and should improve the overall life-cycle for the game. Recipes should also cost less to purchase now, which should help when stocking up on recipes.

However, I understand that many of you are upset with these changes, which I'll relay to our design team.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamytreats View Post
    I HATE HATE this update...

I know there's a few players who are complaining about too much food, so TL makes major changes based upon a few people's complaints?
    I agree with you as one solution to having too much food is not make anything for awhile but I really don't think this was an attempt to address people complaining about too much food. None of them complained that their food was selling for 8 or 10 coins but TL's response was to make everything 4 coins a plate, including food people had already made and paid for under the old rates. I don't see how that addresses having too much food. I think we were asking for the consumption rate to increase so food would sell faster and/or for new dishes to not have so many servings, not for them to cut every single recipe down to a ridiculously low number of servings. Plus, there were no complaints (that I saw) about too much food in Restaurant but they cut down the servings there too. And in their response, I still don't see how this helps new players or increases the longevity of the game for all players. Based on the reviews I'm seeing in the app store since this change, anyone thinking of downloading this game and starting it would be completed turned off. I had a friend who was thinking of trying the games because I was enjoying them so much but when I told them about this new change, they decided to forget it. Too hard for newbies with too little payoff to get to the higher levels.

I refuse to buy anything with real cash. they are outtta their mind. I cant beleive I finally find something I love to do and they screw it all up BY ALOT!!!! Its not just a significant loss in servings, its servings that make no sense.. who wants to cook something for hours with barely anything in retrurn? This is as lose to fantasy as I can get and they are stealing it from us . well, guess what...as soon as I get a ansswer from someone brave on why they chnaged it, I will be deleting this game and opting for another.. TAKE THAT!!!!!

Farm Supplier
    I'm level 82 and managed to get this level on the old system with no complaints. They state the recipes now cost less for new players but have less amounts, so players have to make more to keep food on counters, so cost more. I think this new system makes it harder for new players to get to higher levels easily, thus making it too hard and give up playing. It was good to put a high portion recipe on overnight to stock up with higher amount of coins per portion. Maybe I've got it wrong, but the game worked fine before all these changes and I don't like everything at 4 coins, it spoils the strategy element.

Farm Supplier
    Ps.....time for another game I think, I've lost interest in this one

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    The official word is that the change had new players in mind, not the few players complaining about too much food. While I agree the change does help the players with too much food, I think they got it wrong in that it'll help the new players. Keeping food on your counters was the toughest thing to do as a new player, and with less plates and still the same number of hours to cook and same number of appliances (unless you buy more for gems), its going to be worse for them.
    There are several reasons for making the changes, including easier to build for new players (keep in mind recipes are also cheaper now, and many users have commented about running out of money too early and wanting to Reset), and surplus food on counters. While the changes are a bit jarring now for longtime players, we feel in the longrun this will improve the longterm economy and balance of the game.

Grand Emperor
    There are several reasons for making the changes, including easier to build for new players (keep in mind recipes are also cheaper now, and many users have commented about running out of money too early and wanting to Reset), and surplus food on counters. While the changes are a bit jarring now for longtime players, we feel in the longrun this will improve the longterm economy and balance of the game.
    Analysis, and running simulations, can help with determining what the new rates should be, and that may or may not have been done. I don't play Zoo 2 or Pet Story, but have read some posts on constantly changing costs and times. I'm hoping that you have used the data and player feedback from those games to determine what is best for RS and BS, and we will not be seeing constant, unannounced changes that will make play more difficult.

Rhino Keeper
    What's jarring is having this kind of fundamental change sprung on us mid-stream with absolutely no warning. That's what's jarring, m'dear.

As for the rest of it, based on what I'm reading here on the forums, TeamLava employees are the ONLY people who believe that this will benefit new players or that it will improve the longevity of the game. But if you've read this thread, you already know that.