Thread: Help Can't send PMs to anybody

Executive Chef

Help Can't send PMs to anybody

The forum logs me out when I go to send a PM to any of the Moderators. I then attempt to log back in on the page that I land on and I get the message that I've entered either an invalid password or username. When I back arrow to the forums both my username and password R fine.
    I tried to reset my password but when I filled out my email addy I was told it wasn't 1 they recognized. I know that my email addy is recognized bcuz I use it all the time when reporting problems to TL Support.

Help please
    I realize that this isn't the right place to address this issue but since I can't PM anyone I've got no choice.
    Last edited by ElaineCarrel; 11-02-14 at 07:15 PM.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

The Honorable Panda
    (moved thread to Off Topic forum)

The option to set an email to your forum account is not available.

Are you trying to get on forum by your device or a laptop, computer?
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    I'm using my iPad 2 iOS 8.2 in the evening. I'm able to access the forums it's just when I go to send anyone a PM I get kicked off and when I go to log back in I get told that my username and password R not valid. I'd wanted to send u a PM about some ppl using the wrong forum for Add Me and this is when I discovered this problem. Then when I try to chg my password im told my email isn't a valid email.
    Please help me.
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineCarrel View Post
    I'm using my iPad 2 iOS 8.2 in the evening. I'm able to access the forums it's just when I go to send anyone a PM I get kicked off and when I go to log back in I get told that my username and password R not valid. I'd wanted to send u a PM about some ppl using the wrong forum for Add Me and this is when I discovered this problem. Then when I try to chg my password im told my email isn't a valid email.
    Please help me.
    The only reason I can think of is if your PM box is full, then you cannot send or receive any PMs. You can hold 50 in message and sent messages.
    If you have 50, then you will need to delete some to free up your box.

Executive Chef
    Kooky Panda,
    It's not my PM box being full, I can't even get to that point. I click on ur Send me a PMS and I get booted out of the forum. So I try to log in and I get told I'm using either an invalid username or password, which I'm not since im using the same 1 I use for this forum. I just tried to send u a PM to make sure I was using the right terminology and I am.

After 2 tries I figured I'd try creating a new password so I try to do the email link and it tells me that I'm using an invalid email. Believe me, I've got a very valid email, I must get 20-30 Junk Emails a day. I've had to email TL Support in the past and they had no trouble emailing me back.

Kookypanda what gives? Please help me or tell me who to talk to about this.

I love ur new animates they're super.
    Last edited by ElaineCarrel; 11-04-14 at 08:27 PM.
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

The Honorable Panda
    You will need to send an email to support@teamlava.com so they can check your forum account.

Nightclub Owner
    After 2 tries I figured I'd try creating a new password so I try to do the email link and it tells me that I'm using an invalid email.
    To change your password, I believe you have to do it in game.

When you sign into the forum, do you check the "remember password" box? If I don't check this box, then whenever I open a thread in a new tab I have to log in again.

Executive Chef
    Thanks kookypanda.
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Grand Emperor
    I tried to recreate the error. I clicked the PM link and went to a forum page that required me to log in.

If I enter my username and password, I get logged in.

If I enter an invalid password, it takes me to the same page to retry. If I click the link that I forgot my password, I get another screen that will send my username and password to my email address. Like kooky said, email is not set up on this forum, as you can see if you try to set it up. So it doesn't matter if it works outside the forum, it won't work inside the forum. If you read the yellow vbulletin messages at the top of the screens, it tells you how to change your password. You need to do that in a game, as bobbyrae said. You may want to try that.

When I log out of the forum, it says it clears cookies. So you may want to try logging out and/or manually clearing the cookies on your browser. Something may have gotten corrupted. If you can't log back in, change your password in a game.

Also try to log on from another device, if you have one, to validate the correctness of your password.

Or wait for support to answer. They'll probably just reset your password and tell you to log out of all forum browsers. And then you should go in game and change it.

Its perfectly fine with me if you ignore this. I was trying it out for my curiosity more than anything else.