Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Gems

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post
    You can earn Gems from completing certain goals or milestones in the games. We also have weekly contests in our Events and Contests forum, Facebook, and Twitter! You can follow or Like our pages to receive updates directly in your social media news feeds!
    So what if you don't have time for twitter and Facebook? Are you really that unable to present the game in a playable manner without the crutch of social media.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by aishling8 View Post
    So what if you don't have time for twitter and Facebook? Are you really that unable to present the game in a playable manner without the crutch of social media.
    you are using social media with this forum >__< lol

New Resident
    People complain because the amount of money is just ridiculous. Even for many of us who are willing to pay, the prices are just insane. They are paying their engineers, artists, etc, we get it - but there's no reason why Pet Shop Story's production costs would be wayyyyy higherthan other games.If the demand for the game by paying customers is high enough to justify their pricing, then that's their prerogative, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth to know how badly they are gouging the customers simply cause they can. The people that can afford $400 on a simple animation social game for their mobile device can go right ahead and pad the pockets of certain companies. I personally know some programmers and theyre not bringing home exorbitant salaries.. i'm just thinking that i dont believe it has to go this way, but I guess there is corporate greed in every industry. I will be deleting this game once my girls have had enough of it, and will not/have not spent one cent on it. I support well made, fairly priced, fun games.
    PSS is only one of those three things. It's fun. But it's also riddled with bugs and ridiculously priced.

Executive Chef
    nobody actually buys it. have you ever seen a bullfrog in the game??
    I bet the bullfrog brings them less money than any of the small gem items. it's there just to show off and to promote the game by people endlessly discussing it))) wow it has a $400item! the game must be something!))))

maybe some kids accidentally hit buy 275 gems on an unlocked device.. but I've heard Apple refunds that large amounts.

Rhino Keeper
    3 of my friends have completed the tree frog goal to get the bullfrog.
    It's not always about money. Some people like the pets. I don't think it has anything to do with showing off. Not all people are like that :\

New Resident
    I never post to these threads, but Pet Shop Story and its lack of ability to earn gems is just stupid and someone has o hear that! You might get a goal here and there that rewards a few gems, but it's never anything significant. The task to reward ratio is also insanely unbalanced. If they are going to require SO many of their animals be purchased with gems and SO many gem animals required to complete goals, they should make it easier to earn them. They could reward gems for leveling up, completing a family and/or upgrading a pen, but there is nothing but a few piddly coins given for each of those things. It hardly seems worth it to spend hundreds of thousands of coins, over the days/weeks required to actually earn that many coins, to complete some of these families and upgrade the pen only to earn 100 coins as a reward. What's the point? I'm almost done completing all pen upgrades on my current families and I'll be done. I'm bored. I've spent real money here and there on some of these games ($10-20 on Castle and Dragon Story), but it actually gets you something in those games for that small amount. This is just dumb.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
    There are frequent sales, opportunities for free gems and contests (at the Forum, which often give away 100s of gems), plus they're not essential to gameplay. You can play quite happily for free. I do.
    I don't have time to check all the forums. Glad you're happy. Hope that we can get absolution for the rest of us. Having to go here do this do that is like being a rat in a maze. I don't want only play the games that get me rewards in other games. I don't like being a prisoner. Give me either or options on breeding for every pet. Making them only available with gems which are rather pricy and insulting to their customers.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 08-17-13 at 01:44 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote

New Resident
    How nitpicky can you get ? I use Facebook for family connections and twitter for work. I play games for recreation! I don't want to HAVE TO have 79 neighbours on Facebook or in any other game to achieve a goal.

I'm asking for options on breeding. Make it either or. Either it's 7 days OR 7 gems or what ever ratio people are still going to opt for the gems when they can. Or really want a pet. But if they can't pay then ey still play albeit slower.

Isn't more players of value to TL?

I think the price of items and price of gems is crazy. I play many games like this where I gladly purchase things, but this will be a game I don't spend a penny. I am all about supporting games I like, but when the rewards for paying customers are so stupid for what you pay, I won't bother. They are virtual items which cost the game designers nothing past the initial cost to create it. Even the sale price for gems is not worth it. If items cost closer to one or two dollars worth of gems, I guarantee I would end up spending a pretty penny. I am sure others feel the same way. I have probably spent a thousand dollars on sims3 items over the years, but you better believe if I bought $50 worth of points to buy stuff, I got a TON of stuff, not two or three things.

New Resident
    Farm Story rewards players gems for Crops at level 2 & 4; I agree it is same company I don't see why TL sets such ridiculous requirements for goals. I only started PS because Farm Story has a goal set for installing PS. I like PS its fun and everything but not enough for me to shell out hundreds of dollars in cash, I just cannot afford it.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast