Thread: *sob*

*sob*

Hello all,

Yet again, I have a 'you have to be kidding me' moment IRL.
    The other day, my partner ordered me a 'new' tablet of **** (so I could play Storm8 games properly). Mind you, this online store had more then 150.000 feedback, and a positive rating of 99,5%.
    Just after ordering, my partner showed me their advertisement; New tablet, this and that spec, etc. Looking good!
    As geeky as I am, I got completely excited straight away, and was counting the days until I would finally have my very own brand new tablet!

It arrived yesterday (exciting!), everything was packed perfectly (phew), so, I unwrapped everything, took the seals of and.. well, you get the idea. I probably had the world's biggest smile on my face (yup, stuff like this can make me so happy).
    As it was new, I read the instructions and it said that it had to be charged fully for X hours. Fine, I can do that. So... I plugged in the charger to find out it would only charge for a split second and then stop. Uh oh...

After a few more attempts to charge it, it occurred to me that it may have been charged already - I turned it on, and voila! It was charged indeed. Which is rather unusual for a 'new' device. But, we didn't really take notice, and assumed that the store was kind enough to charge it before sending (yeah, wishful thinking :P).
    So, as it was on, I checked everything out, everything there suggested it was new, which was a relief as you can imagine.

Prior to this, I took all the steps needed to be able to transfer my account, so I would be good to go as soon as the tablet arrived.
    So, on the new tablet I downloaded a storm8 game, and played it to level 2 in order to transfer my account (you have no idea how excited I was), which didn't take me very long. All there was left to do was the transfer now. I poured myself a drink and grabbed a little snack, got myself a nice and comfy spot on the sofa and was all good to go!
    In the storm8 game, I went to settings, then to 'Storm8' and already had my finger hovering over the button that said 'transfer account' - as my eyes caught something slightly below that...

Storm ID: <Random person's ID>
    Password: XXXXX <click here to change password>.

This was not a new device at all, it was merely reset to factory settings, and someone had obviously been playing storm8/teamlava games on it.
    I have sent an e-mail to support already, requesting them to take this ID of the device, but... I'm just so sad. And no, I'm not crying, I just have something in my eye.
    If only you knew how much I was looking forward to this, now I may need to wait weeks for a reply from Storm8.

Greetings,
    A very dissapointed BlizzardyB.

Executive Chef
    I feel your sadness...I really do...I'll cry with you

Nightclub Owner
    (Passes you a tissue) Don't worry, support will be able to help you. It shouldn't take weeks, only 3-5 business days
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.