Page 107 of 112 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1119

Thread: Feedback: Android parity discussion (continued)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kurebiz View Post
    could such problems be device-related? i'm using a htc one X+ and don't face such issues. just thought of this because TL claims the wide variety of android devices makes coding difficult or smth..
    perhaps tonguelashing could enlighten us on this
    That may play a bit of a role, but more likely is the version of Android OS you're running.

When I had a custom 3.1 kernel on my Tablet, DS force quit all the time and it drove me nuts. Once I updated to a stock Android 4.0.3 kernel for my Acer A500, the force quits from that version of DS stopped happening, or at least happened a whole lot less!

However, this latest version of DS has a lot of NullPointerException crashes and OutOfMemoryError crashes, which is more coding of the actual application than the device itself, but could also be related to them using a particular version of Android to test on/with.

Fashion Designer
    Update for Original DS on Play store, just downloaded it now.Don't think we're getting any new features, probably just bug fixes and all the updates that came with Easter and on the Original DS version now. Guess we're back to playing original now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yayacupcake View Post
    Update for Original DS on Play store, just downloaded it now.Don't think we're getting any new features, probably just bug fixes and all the updates that came with Easter and on the Original DS version now. Guess we're back to playing original now.
    will have to check when I get back from my trip (left tablet at home :-(, brought the charger for it though, I was halfway there )

Hopefully a lot of the force quite and memory errors are fixed, the game is barely playable in its current state.

Fashion Designer
    Yup nothing to write home about.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by tonguelashing View Post
    will have to check when I get back from my trip (left tablet at home :-(, brought the charger for it though, I was halfway there )

Hopefully a lot of the force quite and memory errors are fixed, the game is barely playable in its current state.
    Here's hoping it looks better for you. Mine never crashed that often, of course I'd only go in, collect coins, check timers, breed stuff and log out, I'm usually only in the game for a minute or two at a time...

Executive Chef
    What? Another flip flop back to another version? So, does this mean we don't use Easter now, but some update on the original DA???? Geez, I hate all this flipping back 'n forth!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by MomsHouseofSweets View Post
    What? Another flip flop back to another version? So, does this mean we don't use Easter now, but some update on the original DA???? Geez, I hate all this flipping back 'n forth!!
    Kinda happens with all the TL games when they release a "Holiday" version. You play it throughout the holiday and then once the holiday is over, you going back to playing the regular one. I would think it would be best to play it since there were " bug fixes " on the list... would think this is the most stable version now.

Banned
    Kinda happens with all the TL games when they release a "Holiday" version. You play it throughout the holiday and then once the holiday is over, you going back to playing the regular one. I would think it would be best to play it since there were " bug fixes " on the list... would think this is the most stable version now.
    one can hope it's more stable now at least.

Fashion Designer
    said it some time before.. seems to be ok for me on tab. but phone still same

Rhino Keeper

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by WolfenstyneTab View Post
    I really want to believe this is being worked on, I do. My wife and I have put some money into this game, and would love to do it some more, but until there is proof and not words your working on Android, it's hard to justify what feels like funding iOS players updates. I pay money they get the new stuff. That's the reality until you catch up Android : we pay for iOS updates. Every time you release updates for iOS and not us that's what it equates to. That's why it's so frustrating, if you can't update us you shouldn't be taking money. Your more than willing to take money but give nothing back in updates.

I don't want to be this negative, I don't. Just getting some honest feedback out here. Whatever is being done, it's just not enough or fast enough period. Other studios and games keep parity across platforms, so each week that goes by and it doesn't happen the excuse rings very hollow. If other studios can do it, and you can't, that excuse doesn't hold water.
    I couldn't agree more. Well said.