Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Old Appliances Locked by Goals

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by ohdiscordia View Post
    ...There is no reason old goal stuff should show up in brand new games, and I don't think its because they would have to take it away from all players. ...

...If they aren't ever going to be made available to new games, they should be deleted. If that means you can't keep building them indefinitely after the goal period, so what? They are limited, after all.
    It's in the programming - They'd either have to through each game individually and remove what will never be able to be unlocked, or remove those items entirely. Meaning that even if you did unlock it, yours would be gone too.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    It's in the programming - They'd either have to through each game individually and remove what will never be able to be unlocked, or remove those items entirely. Meaning that even if you did unlock it, yours would be gone too.
    I see what you're saying and have said re: programming, but like I said, I just think that its sloppy. Also, I don't think it would be the worst thing to clear old goal recipes and appliances. It'd clean up the menus, which are already crowded and tough to navigate through, and probably wouldn't hurt overall performance. I'm not saying they should just erase them, but they could give you all say, a month to master the last of the recipes and clean em out for new goals and stuff!

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineCarrel View Post
    I'm glad TL keeps these special devices "locked" by goals because I've been playing this game 4 over a yr and I've worked hard 2 earn the rights 2 these appliances. I believe or feel that if TL decides 2 "unlock" the devices then they should charge at least 25-30 gems per appliance. We weren't just given them-there were quite a few steps we had 2 accomplish b4 we could purchase them. I would luv 2 hear from other bakeries who have been around 4 awhile on their thoughts about this. I'm talking about the bakeries who've completed these challenges and received the rewards.
    I sure don't believe that the rewards should ever b put up 4 purchase because that would "weaken" the whole challenge scenario. There r food rewards I would luv 2 have but since I never had a chance 2 either participate in or complete those goals they're not available 2 me.
    This is just my opinion 😳
    You wanted to hear from an old timer, so here I am. I have played BS since 2 months of the the game start. There have been times due to family members illness or life situations that I have had to step away from the game. Whether for lack of wifi, work, life being more important, I have missed out on some appliances that I would love to enjoy with everyone else. I am not only willing to pay with gems, but have actually spent a good bit of money already. I would like these appliances unlocked or at least pay with gems to complete the steps to unlock them so all can play. There are only 3 of my original friends in my list that started with me at the time and have faced same situations and would like them unlocked...paid or not...gems or coins. Unlock the appliances please team lava!
    Thanks,
    ID: kaykee69

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chewytwix View Post
    Okay, don't hate me guys.

I kind of like having the goals locked because it feels more exclusive for us older players, who were around then. I think TL should just remove the items from those who have it locked because it's constantly taunting them. A lot of bakeries are beginning to look the same, but these older items makes makes some bakeries more special. There will always be more beautiful items in the future.
    I don't feel that anymore needs to b said where old challenges R concerned. TL is releasing a few of the old challenge ovens for those who asked for them I think it's only fair to the older players that the actual challenges aren't relealsed

Y someone dug up a old thread from December 2013 im not sure. It is what it is..
    Last edited by ElaineCarrel; 11-17-14 at 05:03 PM.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    The only issue with making them permanent goals, is they will have to add them to everyone's game.
    Players that have already done them will have to do them again or have the goal icon hang in their game forever.
    Also a lot of times if you do not complete goals, it may keep you from getting new ones that come out later.
    Can't they program it to only give the goals to those who have not completed them? Or give an option to delete the goal from your goal list?

New Resident

Unlocking Items

Quote Originally Posted by cathychow212 View Post
    i can't agree more! sooo unfair! I want the soda oven, it just locked by goal. the goal that i can never finish. so sad... why not just let us continue to finish..

Im not sure why I am spending so much time and effort or money to get a new oven, when once I do you only get 1 food item. They show the others items as we know, but why can't I earn them at least?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by stine0720 View Post
    Im not sure why I am spending so much time and effort or money to get a new oven, when once I do you only get 1 food item. They show the others items as we know, but why can't I earn them at least?
    If you want to know what recipes will be open to you when you purchase an appliance, I recommend checking the CookBook & Recipe Guide (link in my signature). It shows every appliance and recipe in the game as well as which recipes will be locked due to past goals. This way you'll know if you feel it to be worth you efforts before you spend your coins and waste efforts building the appliance which I find to be helpful!

And, don't forget that there's the new Echo version of the appliances which offer access to the past goal content. Yes, they're much pricier than standard appliances but for players want certain recipes very badly, at least there is now an option of choosing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123