Thread: 3 (three) different "HOLIDAY" Crates - Question to Crate Openners

Exclamation 3 (three) different "HOLIDAY" Crates - Question to Crate Openners

okay, guys, here is where i'm lost this time

while i was working on Updates List, i scrolled whole forum upto beginning, and found total 72 crates ever existed in this game (regular on today & removed).
    when i saw wonderful Master Box Guide made by ms. tory & ms. pixie, i found that they came to the same result, including crates names.

but now, when we have huge crates sale, i found smth that we have to clear, and this is the best time to do it when the sale is going on.
    unfortunately, i'm not an openner, very-very rare i'm doing this, moreover i don't have gems now and cannot buy it due to financial reasons.
    so, i desperately need your help!

minor qtty of crates are absent in running sale. exactly 4 of total 72 listed.
    2 of them are ok (Pastel Package & Gingebread Box - this is clean).
    BUT.
    2 of them are under question:

1) Holiday Gift Box (2010)
    2) Christmas Present (2012)

in the meantime, there are 3 boxes in running sale which names are not mentioned in our lists:
    1) Holiday Gift
    2) Holiday Box
    3) Holiday Present

so, i'm just trying to find out, is this really 3 boxes that are not mentioned in our lists before, or some of them were just renamed?

- is holiday present = christmas present?
    - which crate described like Holiday Gift Box: holiday gift or holiday box
    - if desribed one = gift, then what's in the box? If described one = box, then whats in the gift?

So, “which witch is wich?” lol)))
    i mean, we definitely miss at least 1 box in listing, but is it just one? or all 3 of them are not mentioned?

if someone openned crates this time, cd you plse check master box links above ant tell wht did you get out of which crate?

thank you all in advance!
    Last edited by VanaCatu; 11-27-17 at 09:16 AM.

i didn't open these boxes this year but i've opened them before so let me try to help.

first, the easy one. the items pictured on a crate usually indicate what prizes are inside. so, yes, christmas present is holiday present this year.

next, the names change but usually the picture of the box itself remains the same. thus, this year, holiday box is the one from 2010 with the three types of coat racks.

that leaves holiday gift as the old gingerbread box. i confirmed these last two with a post in the current black friday sale thread you started.

Quote Originally Posted by eeveldoll View Post
    The ?Holiday Gift Box? apparently is the gingerbread one in disguise. I don?t know if they renamed it, or it?s a glitch or SOMEthing. After reading the comments in the thread, I decided to give it a go and I got the Gingerbread Tree and Gingerbread Lamp. I made a mistake of tapping the ?holiday box? and got a coat rack that I don?t want. So make sure you tap on the one that says ?Holiday Gift Box? cuz there are MANY boxes that have similar names lol

Update: I got the 2nd place prize - Gingerbread House!! Woohoo!!

Happy shopping, ppl!
    if someone opened all three this year and would like to confirm, please, do.

oh! thank you very much, i missed that comment i think...
    so now everything is clear
    just don't get it, why do they rename boxes... it makes ppl desoriented... (((

ok, here's what i found.

the crate named Holiday Gift Box 2010 initially had the same name as in running sale: it's Holiday Box.

we can see it in respective update thread:
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?3957

it was 1st crate in the game, maybe that's why it has so simple pic - just a box

the crate named Gingerbread Box 2011 also had the same name initially as in running sale. correct name is Holiday Gift.

we can see it in 2011 discussion for it:
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?20676

and from [] record 09/dec/2011:

yes, it has inside all the gingerbread stuff, but its name (was and is) - holiday gift.

btw, ms. Pixie! i found the missing pic for 1st place in that thread!

i think we called it GB box a) because of its content, and b) because there was restaurant story crate named gb gift box, it was released in 2012:
    Spoiler: show

the crate named Christmas Present 2012 - same situation: it was always named Holiday Present as we can see from comment in 2012 discussion:
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?42538

and from [] record 20/dec 2012:

so, actually, nothing changed in names. we just named them other way in forums
    Last edited by kooky panda; 11-28-17 at 11:42 AM. Reason: removed third party site reference

that picture is from restaurant story.

edit: you edited your post. one of the pictures was from restaurant story. the one that has steampunk box.

i've messed with resto ginger box, sorry. now i found out everything is okay, and the names are still the same as they were initially, we just called them other way )))

i've made some "investigations" and corrected my previous post respectively, please re-read it

Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post
    i've messed with resto ginger box, sorry. now i found out everything is okay, and the names are still the same as they were initially, we just called them other way )))

i've made some "investigations" and corrected my previous post respectively, please re-read it
    thanks for figuring it out and solving the confusion! every year, we're not sure which christmas box has what, lol. they should just name it the gingerbread box. that's always the one everyone wants.

btw, this post of yours is AMAZING. it must be made a sticky post! https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...Y-Updates-List

thank you i was actually working on cookbook, trying to find when various recipes appeared. so while i was monitoring the forums and other web sources, i decided to put all together, not only recipes - and here we go, lol ))

this post is mentioned in game guides, so i don't think it sd be stuck - we have too many of them on top of the forum, almost half of page! )))

moreover, i don't think it wd change smth.
    guides and master box list ARE stuck, but it doesn't help ppl to stop asking questions fully discribed there again and again, lol )))