Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to accumulate so much food

Unregistered

How to accumulate so much food

When I look in others bakery there is soooo much food. My food keeps running out...what am I doing wrong?

Unregistered
    It's not a matter or right or wrong. It's how you choose to play the game. If you block your door with an object you can bake and add huge quantities to each item, without it being consumed, for as long as you like. You will continue to receive visits from neighbors while closed, and they will tip you. That's why you see many bakeries closed, with sooooo many tables (no chairs) placed for tips. Most then look nothing like a functional bakery in my opinion, just a mess. But I am getting off topic. Block your door to store up lots of baked goods.

Unregistered
    Yes, block your door at night or whenever you start to run low on food. I close my bakery every night, and sometimes in the middle of the day for awhile. As to the previous poster remarks, I agree that bakeries with lots of tables to receive tips may not look like a functional bakery, but I appreciate that they are almost never full. It makes it more convenient for me as their neighbor. It doesn't bother me one way or another, although I will say that it's not my style. That's one of the good things about this game, that you can play it whatever way you want.

Unregistered
    I almost never run out of food and I never block the door. What I do is ccok foods that the take the amount of time as when I know I'll be back. For example, if you're going to bed and you can play when you get up, cook foods that take 8 hours. As you reach higher levels and get more appliances, you will be able to make more food and run out less.

Also, get more neighbors and gift them so that they gift back. You can get 20 gifts a day. You can use them right away or when you're running out of food. I usually make food that takes longer than when I know I'm going to be using my gifts, so I have the food gifts on the counter while my food is cooking. Just so you know, when you get gifts, you get less servings of a item than when you cook the same food so it doesn't last as long.

It also looks like more food when you place each item that you cook or get as gifts on separate counters. If you run out of counters, the chef will place all of the same items on one counter. I like my counters to look full so I have one counter for each appliance.

Unregistered
    when I first started food ran out real fast too, you'll be able to cook food that comes with a larger quantity when you get to higher level; if you'd like to see a variety of food in your bakery, it's a good idea to pause for a day or two to store up one kind of food, and then you can cook whatever you want to cook without having worried about running out of food

Unregistered
    i like to pile my foods, there are times when i know i'll be super busy for days so i lock my door and cook foods that took longer hours to be ready and keep on cooking

Unregistered
    I keep cooking, I start before bed dish up in the morning and start again also save my gifts and let the portions mount up before I use them and I close my door at night.
    It helps also if you have more ovens I am using 5 at the moment

Unregistered
    As others have mentioned, you can stockpile your food if you shut your door. In order to get food to stack, simply place empty counters in storage. With no available empty counters, foods of the same type will stack onto the counters that contain the same food. I run 14 counters and have been known to shut my door until each of the counters has a stack of at least 10,000. I like that it allows me to stay open for a LONG time, cooking and replenishing while open, without having to babysit the game much.

Rule #1 ABC

Always be cooking, Try to always have something going in your ovens and drink makers. Estimate how long it will be until you return to clear your tips and finish preparing your food items for serving. Don't let them spoil, you loose out on most of your points and coins that way.

I don't block doors either. My trick is to get lots of ovens/mixers as soon as possible. Then cook all the same things on each of them. Say I have eight ovens...cook brownies on all eight at the same time. 100 brownies times eight ovens equals 800 brownies in one minute. Do this four or five times and you'll have thousands of brownies in under five minutes. That should keep customers happy for a few hours while you bake other stuff.

Also, be mindful of quantities as well as time. Cannolis may take 12 hours to bake, but at 2900 per oven, if you bake cannolis on all eight ovens overnight, you'll have over 23,000 cannolis when you wake up in the morning. I've got over 350,000 plates on my counters and more cooking. So if I have to take a few days off, my bakery is still making money while I'm gone. That also means that if I want to devote a day or two to baking something that takes days to finish, I can without running out of food or using up my gifts. I built up that kind of surplus after only a couple of weeks of baking this way. That really helps because I just blew a couple of million on an expansion and redesign a few days ago, and after depleting my cash to $4500, I'm already back to over $500K because the surplus of food keeps my foot traffic extremely high at all times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast