Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Dragon Update 11-1-13 Metal Dragon

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by enoch4 View Post
    Man, I wish I had known this earlier! Are there other dragons that have this breeding rule?? Seems unusual to me. I wasted most of the free boosted breed weekend trying for metal with this blasted combo before I figured it out (I was trying diamond x winter because I still need angel and mercury too).
    OK - never mind. That seems to be a pretty standard rule actually (you can't get leo from diamond x bat, you can't get royal from diamond x genie, you can't get magic from diamond x athletic, etc). I just wasn't thinking it through. Urgh.

Rhino Keeper
    OK - never mind. That seems to be a pretty standard rule actually (you can't get leo from diamond x bat, you can't get royal from diamond x genie, you can't get magic from diamond x athletic, etc). I just wasn't thinking it through. Urgh.
    Seriously? Since when? It's always been that you can put diamond and a hybrid in and you get another version of the hybrid or a diamond hybrid (though adding the possibility of a diamond hybrid only happened in the last year)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AzHadz View Post
    Seriously? Since when? It's always been that you can put diamond and a hybrid in and you get another version of the hybrid or a diamond hybrid (though adding the possibility of a diamond hybrid only happened in the last year)
    You can definitely get two or three color hybrids from diamond x hybrid, I just don't think you can get a new single element dragon (royal, metal, etc) from diamond x hybrid. Like: water x light can give metal, but diamond x winter will only give winter, mercury, or angel (no metal). I forgot this rule and tried diamond x winter with the boosted breed several times hoping for metal but only got winter, took me a minute to realize what my problem was.

Does anybody know which elements/colors are weak against metal? In other words, when would you select a metal-type dragon as your contender?

Dream Dragon has returned for a limited time to add a possible fail to your attempts at Metal. But hey, she's super-rare.

Rhino Keeper
    You can definitely get two or three color hybrids from diamond x hybrid, I just don't think you can get a new single element dragon (royal, metal, etc) from diamond x hybrid. Like: water x light can give metal, but diamond x winter will only give winter, mercury, or angel (no metal). I forgot this rule and tried diamond x winter with the boosted breed several times hoping for metal but only got winter, took me a minute to realize what my problem was.
    oh ok, I get it. You might be right on that.

So what about Dark Angel/Metal to get Dark Steal? That should still work though right?

Executive Chef
    I got metal first try with Light and Water, both level 10. I bred it using the boosted breed, if that helps. It's been a very long time since I got a dragon on the first try so this was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by AzHadz View Post
    oh ok, I get it. You might be right on that.

So what about Dark Angel/Metal to get Dark Steal? That should still work though right?
    Yes, that will still work. It's a good combo if you want another Dark Angel, Angel or Mercury as possible outcomes. Otherwise, it would be no different from pairing Metal with Night, Lotus, NightElf or Raven.

Rhino Keeper
    Seeing as I've missed out on Mischeif dragon, I'm now gonna start breeding for this element. Gonna use water/light combo, seeing as people are getting good results from it

Rhino Keeper
    Good combo, got it first time speeded up the breeding to check and whoop gonna let it hatch itself tho, whilst the habitat builds. Gonna try for another base now. I'm thinking fairy tale

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122