Thread: Push Notification *Vibrate: Disable??*

New Resident

Push Notification *Vibrate: Disable??*

I've done everything I can to stop the vibrate component of the push notifications aside from removing the hardware. I even got Tasker installed and set all my default ringtones to silent and/or no-vibrate (without actually being on silent mode) and it changed the sound that plays to some kind of hidden default but doesn't **** the vibration.

I've got all current games (Slots, Farm: Harvest).
    Running Android Jellybean 4.1.1 on an HTC One X.

Thanks!

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Please check your in-game notification settings and your device settings. You may have additional settings under the Apps section you can turn off.

New Resident
    I have

I've spent a few hours at least going through all my phone's settings and all of my other apps' settings (including going into the phone while hooked up to my computer and browsing to satisfy my brain.) I also set up sound profiles, changed themes, etc, etc.

I even went so far as to try and root my phone, only to find out the may or may not work for my model turned out to be the latter. After the factory reset, I set all the vibrate settings to off again (checking core apps as well) and installed the most current Farm Story before doing anything else with the phone and still got vibration.

The only thing I can think of is maybe the games are using a system sound that was changed locally (by my provider, or an app that they installed. For example: for an emergency alert system...but that's just a wild guess; seeing as how when I turn notification default sound to silent, Farm Story notification still plays a noise along with the vibration.)
    I don't know how plausible that sounds to you guys

Otherwise, other than checking and un-checking the boxes to enable the push notifications in the games, how else could I check the in-game settings? Or is that all there is?

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    For your device settings, you'd find the settings under Notifications or Sounds.

Grand Emperor
    I have a Samsung, so this might be a little different on a HTC.

Settings -> Sound -> Vibration intensity. Then move the slider for Notification to the far left.