Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap Expansions no/lower Maps needed Higher habitants

Executive Chef
    I think TL should take away the maps or the waiting time to expands, taking a week to expands a little spot a bit too long.

New Resident
    Arrgh!!! This change came when I had almost enough coins to place my night dragon in a habitat. Bought gold and second nest to stash the problem child away, and perhaps buying gold is what TL had in mind doing it.The lower expansion costs are cool but collecting money for black / white/ pink habitats is total pain in the neck no w. I hope that habitat prices will go down again.

Rhino Keeper
    I can't believe TL actually let us have this, I like it.

Host(ess)
    I didn't even realize this until I asked about a different - yet similar - situation. Now that I'm aware of this I honestly do not think it's fair of Team Lava to "jack up" the prices on the habitats.

iPhone (prices on the left) versus iPad (prices on the right)

Big Green Grove
    15,000 VS 27,000

Big Yellow Plateau
    45,000 VS 81,000

Blue Lagoon
    18,000 VS 10,000

Big Blue Lagoon
    108,000 VS 60,000

Purple Gardens
    43,000 VS 24,000

Big Purple Gardens
    320,000 VS 180,000

White Meadow
    220,000 VS 120,000

Big White Meadow
    650,000 VS 360,000

Pink Prairie
    220,000 VS 120,000

Big Pink Prairie
    (locked) vs 360,000

Passion Pit
    90,000 vs 50,000

Diamond Fields
    180,000 vs 100,000

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post
    I didn't even realize this until I asked about a different - yet similar - situation. Now that I'm aware of this I honestly do not think it's fair of Team Lava to "jack up" the prices on the habitats.

iPhone (prices on the left) versus iPad (prices on the right)

Big Green Grove
    15,000 VS 27,000

Big Yellow Plateau
    45,000 VS 81,000

Blue Lagoon
    18,000 VS 10,000

Big Blue Lagoon
    108,000 VS 60,000

Purple Gardens
    43,000 VS 24,000

Big Purple Gardens
    320,000 VS 180,000

White Meadow
    220,000 VS 120,000

Big White Meadow
    650,000 VS 360,000

Pink Prairie
    220,000 VS 120,000

Big Pink Prairie
    (locked) vs 360,000

Passion Pit
    90,000 vs 50,000

Diamond Fields
    180,000 vs 100,000
    They are trying different things, probably to work out what is best for the game economy.. I have different prices on my ipad vs iPhone ....

Host(ess)
    *sigh* Can Team Lava please put out a PR on why there are such drastic price differences in items - be it the maps, habitats or clearing areas?

I know you guys don't know me however I use to work in the gaming industry as the administrative coordinator for a large game testing company. I've worked with several gaming companies in the past and I'll be at E3 this year. To me these changes without explanation, are not acceptable. It creates an unfair advantage for some and major disadvantage for others as in some cases people are spending actual currency to purchase gold in order to complete certain quests. The beta testing of quests is one thing since obviously not everyone can participate but as a former alpha and beta tester I don't see ways to report the bugs easily or a way to tell a person they're participating in one and to report any bugs to the company. If it wasn't for the fact I was looking up some information on breeding dragons I honestly would never have known these forums existed. I guess I'm use to alpha and beta testing games in a different manner than on a mobile platform (I blame my kids on my dragon obsession because they wanted a game to play on my iPad while traveling, lol).

Here's what I'd like to see.

1. An official statement on why there are major differences in the costs.
    2. When to expect a level playing field.
    3. What to expect during a beta test such as reduction of costs or increases in costs.
    4. How accounts are selected for beta testing and what's expected from those beta testing.
    5. A subsection for those whose accounts are beta testing to report any major glitches or minor problems. Note: This would not be part of the main reporting bugs section since it would be specific to those beta testing.
    6. An option to opt in or out of beta testing (since some people may not want to participate in a beta test while others may want to).

New Resident
    The clearing of foliage is now 'cheap' for a limited time.
    Bit when will this stop? When will the prices be 'normal'?

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuhu8 View Post
    The clearing of foliage is now 'cheap' for a limited time.
    Bit when will this stop? When will the prices be 'normal'?
    Judging from how TL handles these things so far:

1. No one knows how long, and no mod will be able to get a direct answer. When it happens it'll be without warning, it'll just be in another popup one day.
    2. It could be some kind of experiment and might become permanent (or not?)

That being said I hope they keep it this way! Breeding dragons is time hard enough without having to gather so many maps just to put down more habitats.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post
    *sigh* Can Team Lava please put out a PR on why there are such drastic price differences in items - be it the maps, habitats or clearing areas?

I know you guys don't know me however I use to work in the gaming industry as the administrative coordinator for a large game testing company. I've worked with several gaming companies in the past and I'll be at E3 this year. To me these changes without explanation, are not acceptable. It creates an unfair advantage for some and major disadvantage for others as in some cases people are spending actual currency to purchase gold in order to complete certain quests. The beta testing of quests is one thing since obviously not everyone can participate but as a former alpha and beta tester I don't see ways to report the bugs easily or a way to tell a person they're participating in one and to report any bugs to the company. If it wasn't for the fact I was looking up some information on breeding dragons I honestly would never have known these forums existed. I guess I'm use to alpha and beta testing games in a different manner than on a mobile platform (I blame my kids on my dragon obsession because they wanted a game to play on my iPad while traveling, lol).

Here's what I'd like to see.

1. An official statement on why there are major differences in the costs.
    2. When to expect a level playing field.
    3. What to expect during a beta test such as reduction of costs or increases in costs.
    4. How accounts are selected for beta testing and what's expected from those beta testing.
    5. A subsection for those whose accounts are beta testing to report any major glitches or minor problems. Note: This would not be part of the main reporting bugs section since it would be specific to those beta testing.
    6. An option to opt in or out of beta testing (since some people may not want to participate in a beta test while others may want to).
    I can't imagine why one single person wouldn't want to participate in beta testing. Unless they want to play a martyr and not have a goodie that their fellow neighbors don't. I wish there is no parity between the different software formats. But who would say, don't give me quests, battle arena, expansion with maps, lower costs to clear foliage, a confirm button for purchases, etc. No one!

Quote Originally Posted by 081702 View Post
    I can't imagine why one single person wouldn't want to participate in beta testing. Unless they want to play a martyr and not have a goodie that their fellow neighbors don't. I wish there is no parity between the different software formats. But who would say, don't give me quests, battle arena, expansion with maps, lower costs to clear foliage, a confirm button for purchases, etc. No one!
    Well, I think the ones who got increased habitat costs might have wanted to opt out of that... but in general beta means more bugs, and some people prefer to wait till things are out of beta to get them.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast