Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story - FAQs - Improved

Nightclub Owner
    How come people have different gem costs for quests/buildings etc?

Castle Story is a game that is still being developed and the economy isn't finalised. As such TL is trialling different costs with different groups. The aim is to find a point that suits both TL and players.
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Nightclub Owner
    I have all the materials to build/upgrade but the button is greyed out

If you see a small number of coins this is a display issue. Force close your game (double click the home button, press and hold the castle story icon, click the minus button, click the home button) then restart it. You'll see the correct items.

This was fixed in version 1.1.5
    Last edited by maguar; 07-27-13 at 07:42 PM.
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Nightclub Owner
    Now that Valentines is over can I still get valentine things like the alicorn/pink rainbow?

As long as you have the Love Shack you'll still have access to Valentine content including the goals that unlock the alicorn and pink rainbow. Unfortunately you won't be able to get Spires of Love

If you started after Valentines finished you will be able to buy the alicorn from the market but you won't have
    Last edited by maguar; 07-27-13 at 07:43 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    How does trading in the exchange work?

The royal exchange lets you trade groups of certain items for energy/money/miscellaneous goods and trade tickets. Go into the exchange, look at the requirements, reward and crafting time. If you've got all the items press the button to start crafting.

Important note: if you're collecting energy make sure your current energy level is low enough that when you collect you won't hit your max. If you would hit your max or go over it be aware that it will not go past your max. Eg if you have a max of 30 and you go to collect 10 energy when you have 25, you'll only get 6 (5 from max plus the one you used to collect) and lose the other 4.

Nightclub Owner
    I upgraded a trade but I'm only getting 1 ticket not 5

When you upgrade a trade you get a bonus one off reward of 5 tickets. The trades still only give you 1 ticket.
    Last edited by maguar; 07-27-13 at 07:43 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    How do I avoid upgrading trades?

Upgrading trades increases the requirements, crafting time and rewards.

The fruit trade can be upgraded twice. The first upgrade occurs when you get a glimmerbulb. To avoid this don't plant them, don't collect from the magic garden or the purple cow. The second upgrade occurs when you collect a magic fruit. Don't collect from the magic garden if you want to avoid this.

The monster trade can be upgraded at some stage with a troll battle.

Nightclub Owner
    How do I do the picture icons that other people use?

These are done with emoji. For iOS devices for to Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> Add New Keyboard -> Emoji. To use it on your keyboard click the icon that looks a bit like a globe then choose your pics.

If you don't see Emoji in Settings you might be on an earlier version. You can download an Emoji app and add it as per above.

Nightclub Owner
    How come I've got over 99 items?

You can go over if people gift them, you don't accept straight away, you max and then accept them. If you get them as goal rewards you'll go over. Also if you do feed the baron you go over. I'm assuming that trade with bella Donna might be the same.

Nightclub Owner
    To cut down on the number of stickies a game guide has been created with a link to this (and other threads).

Nightclub Owner
    The Potion Shop is Locked by Goal. How do I get It?

You need to expand to Ivy (the tree that looks like a lady). When you have expanded to her she will unlock the Potion Shop.

Thanks to Dabag for the pictures below

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast