Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: Dragon Weekly Update Feb 28 Night Dragon

New Resident

Breeding with the Night Dragon

I was quite happy to breed a Night Dragon.
    Now I am trying to breed him further, but no mixtures with black come forth. I bred my Night Dragon (black) with a Magic Dragon (Purple) - both level 8.
    And I got a Coral Dragon (purple / blue). How's that possible, there was no blue in the breeding at all? Is this a bug?

Rhino Keeper
    no, the night dragon splits in breeding....almost ALL THE TIME. it is frustrating. night breaks down to blue/purple which is where your blue is coming from :-) keep trying

I'm still trying for my night. So far I have gotten 5 wizards and at least 3 corals...not even a mistmoth or aether fail (both of which would be just as welcome). Do I need to level up further? My water dragons are at 6 and 7 and magic is at 4 and 6 and so far nothing with those. I've also tried breeding my corals and wizards directly, but nothing yet.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by arabesque0128 View Post
    I'm still trying for my night. So far I have gotten 5 wizards and at least 3 corals...not even a mistmoth or aether fail (both of which would be just as welcome). Do I need to level up further? My water dragons are at 6 and 7 and magic is at 4 and 6 and so far nothing with those. I've also tried breeding my corals and wizards directly, but nothing yet.
    Is night unlocked in your market? If so then just keep on trying.

Executive Chef
    Just got 23 hours by Diamond and Night. I'll cross my finger as many as possible!!

Rhino Keeper
    Why does it have to be so difficult to breed this element and get the hybrids!?
    Please find a way to make this easier and not so split able between purple and blue, sometimes it does not even grab the night elements at all.
    Last edited by aileeniweeni; 08-14-13 at 03:10 PM. Reason: removed starred word

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zhynabella View Post
    Why does it have to be so difficult to breed this element and get the hybrids!?
    Please find a way to make this easier and not so split able between purple and blue, sometimes it does not even grab the night elements at all.
    I do wish it only split 50% of the time, that seems fair to me, with so many different splitting elements, it's just impossible to breed them all with such a high probability of splitting. I'm guessing right now there is probably a 70% chance of split, though with really long fails, it feels like a lot more than that...

Trouble breeding Night Dragon

I've tried breeding my Night Dragon with probably 15-20 different partners. Some of them have been repeats, just trying to get ANY half-breed with Dark (or is the breed called Night?) in it.

Lately, I've been doing research to see what I can breed with my Night Dragon, how many total outcomes there are, and what % of those are half Dark. Going to be trying that plan next unless someone has some better insight for me, please and thank you.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 09-15-16 at 07:58 AM. Reason: removed third party tool comment
    I'm like the Contra Code, because if you add me, you win!

Dragon Story - TBETOUG (main account)
    Dragon Story - Toug413
    (older account, more of a side piece for sending/receiving Gold/Maps)

Also now, Fantasy Forest Story! - TBETOUG

In my research (where I looked at probably 30-40 different combos of Night + another Dragon to see how many of their possible offspring would be half Dark...

Turns out that the best Dragons to breed with the Night Dragon are Dragons that are Water and Magic mixed, such as Coral, Seafarer, and Godmother. If every possible outcome had an equal chance (and I know that isn't the case...but if it was) then there would be a 40% chance every time a Night + Water/Magic Dragon are bred together, you'll get something that's half Dark.

And for me, that's all I care about at the moment. I've had 3 Big Black Sands and two Night Dragons for way, way too long.
    I'm like the Contra Code, because if you add me, you win!

Dragon Story - TBETOUG (main account)
    Dragon Story - Toug413
    (older account, more of a side piece for sending/receiving Gold/Maps)

Also now, Fantasy Forest Story! - TBETOUG

Nightclub Owner
    Hi tbetoug...I know that black dragons are very difficult to breed. I've been playing for years and still have a list of ones that I just can't seem to get. I try to treat them the same way I've treated Diamond Hybrids; I'll add the dark (or diamond) element into another combo that I'm trying for. I know that increases the possible outcomes, but most of the elusive dragons I've gotten in the past have been a 'fail' result. Good luck, I hope you get many black dragons soon
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536