Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie Question Thread

Host(ess)

Smile Newbie Question Thread

Hello All. So I started playing DS about two and a half weeks ago just to pass the time while I waited for project completions in Home Design Story. Well, DS kind of grew on me and I've been playing daily since last week. Actually made it to level 19. ( Let's see if this trend lasts when I return to work).

Anyway, there is so much information contained in these threads and forums, sometimes it's impossible to decipher. I'm confused about some of the goals, specifically, the Dawn Tree. Do I have to clear the Main Island before accessing the Dawn Tree? Then am I required to purchase "Boosts"' whatever that means?

Like so many other goals, does it have 100 parts to it? Of course, there are goals that I will not attempt because they seem ridiculous or another attempt to get me to spend actually cash. No thank you, not at the moment.

Is this goal worth me spending 400k+ on clearing trees, rocks, etc.?

Please enlighten me :-)

Fashion Designer
    You'll have to clear the left part of the main island.. the dawn tree is the small island there. In the middle. You'll have to clear it eventually because you'll need space for expansion to get more habitats.

Host(ess)
    Good to know. Thank you.

Fashion Designer
    For the boosts, you need 10 epic dragons of the colour to get it. After that I believe it can be purchased (with coins) from the market.

boosts will increase the maximum coins your habitats can hold.

Executive Chef
    You don't have to clear it, just expand to the small islands. TL will let you know when you can move to the island by having a plot available to expand to. You will need to expand twice. Clearing can be done later. Warning, the boulder in the middle of trees is very expensive to remove.

Host(ess)
    Kwhales, thank you for the information. I finally am @level 23 with 6 out of 11 rare dragons ����. I will certainly attempt the Dawn tree goal...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodies4Life View Post
    Kwhales, thank you for the information. I finally am @level 23 with 6 out of 11 rare dragons ����. I will certainly attempt the Dawn tree goal...
    No problem. You don't need to rush though. The boosts of coins isn't that great, but the decor is nice. I am at level 94 and still have the light goal to finish.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhales View Post
    No problem. You don't need to rush though. The boosts of coins isn't that great, but the decor is nice. I am at level 94 and still have the light goal to finish.
    That's because you didn't get to feed most of them before the food cost update... Ehehe
    I must have fed 8 or 9 before the food cost was forcibly changed. I didn't update the app because of that. I think hypnotic was either my last, or one of my last ones before completing the goal.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by NeferTsukia View Post
    That's because you didn't get to feed most of them before the food cost update... Ehehe
    I must have fed 8 or 9 before the food cost was forcibly changed. I didn't update the app because of that. I think hypnotic was either my last, or one of my last ones before completing the goal.
    Nahh, I have enough food to feed them all. I just haven't really thought about it. With so many dragons coming out, time wasn't on my side. Someday I will. But I am in no rush.

is there a way to get rid of an egg without hatching it?

I got another Magic dragon and I don't need another one so is there a way to get rid of the egg without hatching it so I can avoid having to buy another purple habitat?

I got another firestorm too but had room in the red rocks to put him there and then sold him. I hate giving them up but I don't want a bunch of duplicates.

Also, I read something about trading, how does that work? or can we just give dragons to other people without trading?

sorry for all the questions I've only been playing for 3 days. Thanks in advance for any help.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast