Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Question Thread

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kurebiz View Post
    Oh? The wikia still shows at level 10 though, I didn't know about it either so I still don't have it. Didn't get it when breeding mask, lh, rh or passion. Not sure if it will ever reach my island!
    When I started a new game on my iPad, i tried for athletic at level 7 because i never got one on my main island and got magic. Suprised me. But it could have been a glitch too.

Banned
    As you read through the different threads, you will also get a feel for people on here. Our names are actually our id, so it is easy to add us as neighbors if you ever wanted to do so

Farm Supplier
    Oh? The wikia still shows at level 10 though, I didn't know about it either so I still don't have it. Didn't get it when breeding mask, lh, rh or passion. Not sure if it will ever reach my island!
    Darn, I didnt have one, even when trying for the Passion.. But right after I got my Passion, I got 2 in a row breeding Tiny and Deep while trying for Diamond..
    T
    Level 44, no Diamond yet.. =( I hope I'd not be one of those few that do not have the Diamond at level 94..

Anyway, very good sharing kurebiz.. Wish I'd had taken a look at the forum when I started.. But sigh, I can never get the dragons I want.. I guess cuz half the time I was trying for a Diamond, but mostly fails are dragons which I already have..

reading all these higher levels without a diamond makes me feel a little better about my many many many failed attempts to get one..... weird how the diamond is the most elusive dragon yet it's not even the highest payer.

New Resident

Breeding blue/red before level 10 will give you an athletic (11 hours), so it is advisable to do so first, because it is a bit hard to get (I'm level 94 and still don't have it). After level 10, breeding blue/red will most likely get you a magic (purple hybrid).
    Im alost at lvl 10 so this might be a dilemma. Everything else is great pointers that i intend to follow

One thing I recommend for lower level players (some might disagree) is NOT to buy decor, for me it's a waste of money and waste of your space, you will need that money to expand as the costs get higher and higher as you progress onwards, you need to expand to fit more habitats in as you will want to keep all your dragons at first to earn money and then you can just sell the ones who earn you less that you have multiples off to place the ones that earn you more, also you need to earn money to buy food, which again as you progress and get the newer dragons you will find they need more food to level up.

Try for light as soon as you possibly can as these earn you more money (other than the ultra rares) always level all dragons up to at least level 3 and then level 4, I wouldn't level up duplicates any higher than level 4 as you will either sell them or trade them once you have the spell shop and trading portal, these will give you gems to then make gemstone dragons!

When you reach the stage where the trees cost ?800,000 don't worry too much, leave them and continue to expand as you will expand in to trees ect that don't cost as much, then when you have enough money clear them.

Try to place your dragons in the highest earning habitat out of all the colours, example, if you have a red and yellow hybrid, place in the yellow as this holds more coins so you will earn more money, blue and purple, place in purple habitat.

I never worry too much about the goals, I used to and found it ruined my game play so now I just breed breed breed and will find I will complete the goals without trying to hard!

Upgrade your farms also as you will earn more crops and then when your sitting comfortably with money upgrade to the enchanted farm as you will get more food, but they do cost more money so just be aware of how much money you have, how much you will collect and how much you will spend on the higher costing food before planting the expensive ones.

BTW I'm on level 94 (the highest) and have over a million xp and still don't have a diamond dragon and only got honeybee dragon a week ago! So don't over do the diamond trying as you will end up with tons of island dragons which are the bane of my life!

Fashion Designer

doh!

So I decided to stop playing this game a few months ago....but then today I started kinda missing it... only thing I emptied my forest, sold everything I could and closed shop (the doh! Part) so I need some advise on how I should go about starting again with what little I have. I put up some small farms (6) and got 1 yelow, green, red dragon .. fed the green and red til evolve and now breeding them.... I hope this is a good start and am kicking myself for selling everything....

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainstorms45 View Post
    So I decided to stop playing this game a few months ago....but then today I started kinda missing it... only thing I emptied my forest, sold everything I could and closed shop (the doh! Part) so I need some advise on how I should go about starting again with what little I have. I put up some small farms (6) and got 1 yelow, green, red dragon .. fed the green and red til evolve Iand now breeding them.... I hope this is a good start and aicking myself for selling everything....
    At least it's not quite as bad as starting from new since you won't have to expand for a while so can save your coins to feed them. If it were me, I would just breed, breed, breed. Breed for as many new ones as you can. I'm guessing that you have coins and hopefully it won't be too tough for you if you get a dragon that requires an expensive habitat, some are terribly expensive now. You probably got quite a shock at all the new dragons
    Good luck to you!

New Resident
    Help a noob out!

Hey eveyone! Obviously I am new here since this is my first post. I downloaded this game simply for points for another game but for some reason I am starting to like it! Anyway, I am at level 8 and I have a question on a few options I have for my next step. What do you recommend?

First some backround info: I have Red rocks with a level 5 & 7 dragon, 2 green groves with 2 level 4 dragons, a green and red hybrid and a yellow and green hybrid still getting it on, and a yellow plateau with a level 5 dragon (again 1 is currently getting it on). Right now I have 15,700 coins to play with and I don't mind save more.

1. Should I upgrade a green grove, buy a big green grove or buy a blue lagoon (which means I would then buy a water dragon)?

2. I figured I should do that before I either upgrade a farm or buy a large farm (again, which one should I do first?).

One more question, should I do #1 or #2 first?

Thank you in advance for the advice! Please add me! Storm id: CrazyPC69

Executive Chef
    I think you should buy Water dragon first

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast