Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Question Thread

Executive Chef
    Welcome to the game and forum. First of all, it matters if you are IOS or android. You may want to start herehttps://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?43317-STARTING-PLAYERS-How-to-get-Rich&highlight=rich

Then just read some threads that interest you. Use the search area upper right corner if you have specific concerns or questions.

Good luck and have fun.

Executive Chef
    Oh, forgot to space, here is the newbie thread that may help https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...highlight=rich

Quote Originally Posted by kwhales View Post
    Oh, forgot to space, here is the newbie thread that may help https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...highlight=rich
    Thanks I was searching for that thread to help! You beat me to it!

Good Morning

First thing you do is go to the Add Me and ask people to add you as their neighbor. You'll need them when you start expanding for maps and you'll also need them for some of your goals.

Next thing is level up at least one of each of the basic dragons to 4 because you can't breed until they are at that level. Once you have level 4 dragons start trying combos to get different dragons. I got a honeybee on my second breed with a fire/air combo and it's a high earning dragon so that helped me building up some coins.

Then visit islands of your neighbors so they will in turn visit your island. this gives you bonus coins when they come and play with your dragons and helps you also build up coins.

I have only been playing a little over a week and I'm at level 25 and have a pretty good start on a variety of dragons so I've eliminated a lot of my duplicates but something I learned by trial and error is to keep at least one of each of the basic (air/fire/water/forest) for purity reasons because when you get a light dragon you need those to get some of the dragons you're looking for. (I got rid of my air to make room in a habitat thinking I didn't need it only to have to buy and hatch a new one in order to try for a leopard).

anyway, I invited you to be my neighbor. I play a lot throughout the day and always respond to requests for maps.

Good luck and have fun. It's highly addictive.

Fashion Designer
    It depends on your playing style - do you aim to collect all the dragons? Or are you willing to not have some for whatever reasons (eg: you don't fancy the look of the dragon)?

The current maximum number of habitats is 43, for basic dragons (1 colour, especially those that you purchase with coins, just 1 will suffice). For hybrids, you can keep duplicates in the beginning because they earn coins. Subsequently when you need more habitat space, you can trade them (iOS) or sell them away (android/kindle - start with selling off the common dragons). Evolve the dragons that are of higher rarity first (use the wikia to know their rarity status) as they will give you more coins.

Visit other islands with high social ratings (eg: 3 eggs) as they are likely to return visits, when they do so, you will get coins when they play with the dragons in your habitats. Leave a note on their walls (perhaps with your storm ID so they can add you).

Breeding blue/red before level 10 will give you an athletic (11 hours), so it is advisable to do so first, because it is a bit hard to get (I'm level 94 and still don't have it). After level 10, breeding blue/red will most likely get you a magic (purple hybrid).

If you're on iOS, light hybrids have higher food costs than the basic ones (purple, red, blue, green, yellow). Pink and Night have even higher food costs. If you're on android, you don't have to worry about it yet, but it will happen in future because android is slower in terms of game features.

Some things to take note of when you're at higher levels:
    If you breed light/red, you can get a virtue dragon (33 hours - pink dragon, unlocked at level 20). Purple/blue = Night (unlocked at lvl 23, 23 hours). Red/Yellow = mythic (12 hours, unlocked at lvl 40). Cosmic is purple/yellow (also unlocked at level 40).
    The habitats for mythic and cosmic cost 6m coins, so you might want to hold off breeding those colours after you hit level 40, unless you can afford the habitats. If you have notifications to install/play other TL games, do so if you're free. You can 30g for installation and 15g for reaching certain levels in those games. Use the gold to buy yourself a second nest, it will be very helpful!

Breeding blue/red before level 10 will give you an athletic (11 hours), so it is advisable to do so first, because it is a bit hard to get (I'm level 94 and still don't have it). After level 10, breeding blue/red will most likely get you a magic (purple hybrid).
    I wish someone had told me this when I first started!! I keep getting magic and it really irks me lol.

Fashion Designer
    Oh, Diamond is unlocked at level 10, to get it, breed any 4 different colours. It is ultra rare though, so it might take a while. But at epic levels, the coin rate is quite good. So when you're breeding, try using 4 colours so that you get a shot at diamond. Being a new player, you will still be able to collect many other dragons from using 4 colours. Never use gold to finish up your expansion/food/buy maps. You can plant food with the shorter duration, go visit other communities, then go back to your island and collect the food, and repeat the process. Try to login often (every 1 or 2 hours if you can, especially if you have epic dragons in habitats) to collect coins.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by glitterbabies View Post
    I wish someone had told me this when I first started!! I keep getting magic and it really irks me lol.
    Actually they moved magic down to level 7 so the athletic thing doesn't work anymore. I didn't get my athletic until a very high level (when trying for lh and rh). It will come.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhales View Post
    Actually they moved magic down to level 7 so the athletic thing doesn't work anymore. I didn't get my athletic until a very high level (when trying for lh and rh). It will come.
    Oh? The wikia still shows at level 10 though, I didn't know about it either so I still don't have it. Didn't get it when breeding mask, lh, rh or passion. Not sure if it will ever reach my island!

ohhh breed forest +forest until you get a dawn tree....it's a super rare and a high earner. It took me like 8 tries until i got one but the fail time is so short it didn't really impact my game playing.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast