Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Navigation, lag, evolving, game closing and .....

Rhino Keeper
    It's your device. Androids have bad software and good hardware. iOS has good software and bad hardware.

Rhino Keeper
    it well could be. it's just weird that it worked just fine for a while and then for no reason at all it stopped working completely.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by idestined View Post
    It's your device. Androids have bad software and good hardware. iOS has good software and bad hardware.
    And you base this on ...??

Rhino Keeper
    i have been having force-close issues since the beginning of the game, on Valentine's version..i have had the same wid the bakery story too, but definitely not as much as on DS..here it force closes atleast 1 in 5 attempts of playing..and at times, multiple times in a row..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MomsHouseofSweets View Post
    And you base this on ...??
    Apparently, personal experiences that weren't very positive for Apple. The posts were here somewhere, but aren't anymore.
    Anyhow, the problem with Android is software-based, but I think it's more because of the large ammount of different software versions than their actualnquality. I have a feeling that Team Lava's techs aren't very comfy programming Android stuff.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by NeferTsukia View Post
    Apparently, personal experiences that weren't very positive for Apple. The posts were here somewhere, but aren't anymore.
    Anyhow, the problem with Android is software-based, but I think it's more because of the large ammount of different software versions than their actualnquality. I have a feeling that Team Lava's techs aren't very comfy programming Android stuff.
    I think you're right about they're not being comfy with Android. It would be great if they had/found someone who was.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MomsHouseofSweets View Post
    I think you're right about they're not being comfy with Android. It would be great if they had/found someone who was.
    Part of the problem is the Android version of the game *must* be written in Java (which is stupid, java should be optional and write naitive C/C++). It is slow and has it's own memory management issues. So the port to Android is a code translation not a straight port like originally thought it was (it should be, but the requirements of Android don't make that possible).

The V-Day edition crashes a lot due to what I believe is a memory leak. I base that just on my programming experience. I personally hate Java, it doesn't belong in an an environment like this. It was Designed for the Web and that's where it should stay.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tonguelashing View Post
    Part of the problem is the Android version of the game *must* be written in Java (which is stupid, java should be optional and write naitive C/C++). It is slow and has it's own memory management issues. So the port to Android is a code translation not a straight port like originally thought it was (it should be, but the requirements of Android don't make that possible).

The V-Day edition crashes a lot due to what I believe is a memory leak. I base that just on my programming experience. I personally hate Java, it doesn't belong in an an environment like this. It was Designed for the Web and that's where it should stay.
    Well, your explanation makes it a lot easier to understand ... for me, anyway, since I'm no where near knowledgeable about such things. Thank you!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tonguelashing View Post

You're great at explaining these things. They should hire you! thank you.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by NeferTsukia View Post
    You're great at explaining these things. They should hire you! thank you.
    I agree with that!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast