Page 7 of 112 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Android parity discussion (continued)

They say that the two platforms are too difficult to translate and that's what's taking so long? I'm sorry but I have quite a few apps that are for iOS and android and they have no issues with updates. Maybe Teamlava should ask those developers what they do. Just my two cents. Or maybe hire someone who can quickly write for android. Why haven't they yet if they truly cared?

I am trying to be excited about the Valentine's update but to be honest I've been 'burned' far too often by this company. We were told that we would get the crafting, pink dragons (I'm obsessed with pink, if it's pink I need it even if I'll never use it, so you can understand my frustration there, even my hair was hot pink for the longest time) and other updates 'soon' but it's been months. Idk what calendar they've been going by but that isn't soon. So until I see it for myself, I just can't paste a smile on. And tbh until I get my pink dragons, my heart won't be in this game. It's just a game and yet I feel truly heartbroken at this. No game has ever made me feel this way.

And for the people saying that iOS shouldn't have to wait for updates so Android can catch up, are you paying attention to what's going on? It's not OUR fault we've had to wait. I've seen many iOS users in this forum say time and time again that they wouldn't mind waiting so we can at least catch up because they see how unfairly we're being treated. If they're asking for it For us, why can't we have it?? I'm not saying they should wait out of spite. I'm saying that we should be allowed to play catch up every few months. I've tried writing to customer service (asking that it be forwarded to a developer) suggesting that Android be allowed to catch up before iOS gets anymore new features or dragons but I never received a reply, not that I was expecting one, but usually when a Customer submits a ticket about a complaint they have with a product they've put money into, its treated with more care and they're at least given something. I don't mean free stuff. I don't want free stuff. I just want Fair stuff. Idk, maybe I'm being too harsh, but I speak with owners of a very large business on a daily bases that listens to every one of their customers and does their best to make everyone happy, maybe that's given me a wrong view on the rest of the world. Maybe that's not how it works. Idk, I just don't know what to think anymore. I do know that once we have the same updates that iOS has, I'll begin putting money into this game again, until then they are losing money as see no reason to do so now

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tonguelashing View Post
    I stand corrected, it seems you can ONLY DEVELOP for Android using Java :-( Stupid, especially considering all the libraries are written in C/C++. Go figure :-(
    Thanks for the info. makes this whole thing a bit easier to understand. Still, they should have someone specialized onnjava for now..

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by profsink View Post
    I just remain flummoxed by how long it's taking to release the rest of New Dawn. It's totally inexplicable at this point. Unless they just don't care.
    Or they really have abandoned it as I have read in other posts referring to the ios nd. If they abandoned it for them, maybe there is no intention to release it to us ever. Pure speculation of course.

Another random (probably totally wild) thought I had.... Has there been any holiday versions of ds released before? Wondering if the valentines version delayed the devs from working on getting android a real (not seasonal) update.

I'm still working on that whole letting go of the disappointment thing. It was so much easier to write it than to make myself believe it. Now if only I could actually practice what I preach.

Rhino Keeper
    Tonguelashing - I'm sorry I didn't mean to ignore your post. Thank you for taking the time to research that and let us know. In your opinion does that explain why everything is taking so long?

I don't know if this discussion helps me or not, I'm so annoyed that there is another update that isn't available to me. Those of us that have android still don't see anything. What are we "behind" now, 4 updates? If they aren't going to support the game on the Android, just admit it. I really do enjoy Dragonstory, but want to know it is a dead end at this point. If it is so impossible to write updates for Android for TeamLava, then how come some of the other games they have, such as Pet shop, have current Android updates alongside the iphone updates?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikot;5310.
    It is awkward, it really is. After all thinking about it, I think I'm going to take the high road on this one. I'll put the disappointment I feel away and be happy with what we are getting. Is it ideal? No, but life rarely is. Instead, I'll take it as a positive thing.
    Yes...life is unfair but thats why I play games!! My life has been insanely unfair in the last 30 days (was fired from a job I loved by a women who had been there less than 2 months after I filed hostile working environment claim...now proceeding with a human rights commission claim....) so yeah I really would lo e to have fairness in games as everything else is unfair....gAmes should be distractions from reality and it is fueling negative reactions.....

Quote Originally Posted by Magikot View Post
    Tonguelashing - I'm sorry I didn't mean to ignore your post. Thank you for taking the time to research that and let us know. In your opinion does that explain why everything is taking so long?
    Really java? Thats been around longer than ios... so why would it take longer ? Shouldnt more people be used to designing with it?

Rhino Keeper
    So...if Valentine's Day content is coming to Android, why couldn't they just wait to release it for iOS until it was ready for both?

This is the kind of thing that is really starting to get under my skin.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by J85909266 View Post
    So...if Valentine's Day content is coming to Android, why couldn't they just wait to release it for iOS until it was ready for both?

This is the kind of thing that is really starting to get under my skin.
    I think that's a legit question.

Banned
    The timeout factor on this form is hideous! Typing a reply and go to post and my session has timed out, wants me to log in and then my post is lost :-( Stupid stupid stupid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikot View Post
    This is one thing that is taking a while yes, but it still shouldn't be taking as long as it has. The two languages are still very similar in nature. But from what we read on the developer post earlier in this thread, TL doesn't have an "iOS Team" and an "Android Team". They expect their developers to do double duty as it were.

I am disappointed that the valentines update is not the major update we've been looking for. It could have been and should have been the full update. I think TL needs to dedicate people to making Android on Par with the iOS version of DS. This can be done in multiple smaller releases. For example, get the full New Dawn update with boosts, and dawn tree, etc. Then get the trading and crafting out. then get the pink dragons. These can all be done in small progress releases and would show us that things are indeed happening.

However, one thing to remember, is a LOT of the updates that happen weekly to DS are NOT in the application!!! They are in the SERVER CODE. Some features in the application are only implemented on the iOS App which is why they appear to get more than we do. The app we install on our devices be it iOS or Android, is mostly an interface to the server. Updates for the iOS version such as the sapphire dragon didn't require an update to the app itself, it just appeared. That's because trading/crafting is implemented on iOS and the feature is added to the server.

The code migration should not be taking 4 months. I thank TL for this valentines day release when it hits the google play store, but it could have and should have been a full update at this point. No reason for it not to be.

Executive Chef
    Thank you, tonguelashing. Geez, this is all pretty dismal. Kind of sounds like they're trying to run when they've not learned to walk, so they're not getting much of anywhere. So ... does our receiving "Valentine content", as it's been called, mean that they're progressing or even learning how to work with Android? As far as "the update" for Android goes ... we may not be any closer than we were a couple months ago, is what it feels like.

Page 7 of 112 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast