Page 61 of 112 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Android parity discussion (continued)

Banned
    Thank you Tonguelashing for putting how we feel into clear words.

I don't understand why TL isn't more upfront. Either a public notice of, "Hey guys, I know you've waited a long time but I promise we are working on it. We are hoping to have X update out by next month." would be better than this silence. Hell, I'd be happy if someone would just say, "Hey guys, I'm sorry but it is impossible to have full parity. We did our best but for X reasons, we just can't do it." The waiting in silence is the very worse part.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xvanillex View Post
    I don't understand why TL isn't more upfront. Either a public notice of, "Hey guys, I know you've waited a long time but I promise we are working on it. We are hoping to have X update out by next month." would be better than this silence. Hell, I'd be happy if someone would just say, "Hey guys, I'm sorry but it is impossible to have full parity. We did our best but for X reasons, we just can't do it." The waiting in silence is the very worse part.
    I think that is what is annoying people the most, the fact that TL hasn't said anything... I'm sure a lot will appreciate it even if it isn't what we want to hear, but anything is better than nothing.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by xvanillex View Post
    Agreed, but if they are actually working on it they won't give us an ETA because then they'd have to stick to it. And if it is true that we'll never have full parity they won't tell us since many of us will officially just give up, instead of holding out hope like we are now. But yeah it would be lovely to at least hear that they hear our concerns and are working on it.

Banned
    The other problem is the updated DS crashes as much as the Valentines edition did. The original version of DS for android never crashed as much. I think there is a severe memory leak or dangling pointer issue in the latest updates.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm no longer buying their excuses either. I realize mods can only do so much, I'm not upset with them they just repeat what they are told or allowed to say. I'm upset with tl. The excuse about it being hard to port is just them buying more time. This has gone on well past a reasonable time frame for TL programmers to figure out how to port the game features from ios to android. If they are having a hard time learning to develop for the android then how is it the game is available for android in the first place?? How did the manage to port an entire game from ios to android if it's so hard? How come pink and black dragons are available for android, yet other features are not? How come bakery store and restaurant story both have the ability to store items if programming that for ds is so hard? Why do other tl android games have that feature? Yes I know they are different games, but my point is it must not be too difficult to store items if the programming code exists in other games available on both ios and Android.

There is zero communication regarding any of our concerns and questions. Even the mods have given up trying to respond to us. If there was good news that the give us I don't doubt Jake or someone else would be all to happy to share it. Their continued silence speaks volumes to me. We are told not to speculate but that is human nature. With no other communication forthcoming, all we can do is speculate. So here is what I think is going on. TL has no intention of releasing the new dawn boosts to android, my guess would be ever. This is based on the fact that nd has been abandoned by tl for ios. Why would they bother to give android what has already been abandoned. Why wouldn't they release this at the same time our feeding costs were increased? Because they don't plan to. Too many ios players were complaining how unfair the discrepancy in feeding costs were, so tl increased it for android.

Trading/crafting: also don't think android will be getting this. Why? Because tl has the time to develop and write the code for an entire new color of Dragon plus hybrids. The time used to do that could have been set aside to catch android up to iOS but it wasn't. I kept telling myself we would see the features this summer. I used the endless back to back holidays from October until Easter as my excuse. There really is alot of holidays during this time. However, I really believe it was just wishful thinking. It isn't about all the holiday themed dragons, black dragons have nothing to do with any recent or upcoming holidays. It's purely about their bottom line. Now we suddenly the have a breeding in game challenge every week? Since when? They are putting these contests in the original encourage impulse buying.
    ;Jakestorm8 took time to post in the illusion dragon thread today but didn't post an update for android getting trading/crafting. Just another example of our questions and concerns being able ignored. I'm done caring. I'm not haven't uninstalled ds yet but after the sneak food increase recently right after ios got more exclusive features I am no longer sure why it is still installed.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-11-13 at 01:43 PM. Reason: discussing moderation

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by tonguelashing View Post
    The other problem is the updated DS crashes as much as the Valentines edition did. The original version of DS for android never crashed as much. I think there is a severe memory leak or dangling pointer issue in the latest updates.
    Unfortunately I have an old android phone and the three games (DS / DSND / VDS) forced close, crash or simply not load completely
    Can not visit neighbors, I must log in three or four times to be able to grow apples
    I agree with everyone else there is no fun to play in these conditions.
    I find it easier on my tab (different storm ID) although it crash regularly among neighbors too high level - sometimes I can not send gifts
    These problems also affect iOS users, but this +this +that .. it's getting too much.
    I abandoned bakery and restaurant story for dragon story, it's still the best game I've played so far.
    Hope to keep it that way ...

Quote Originally Posted by Magikot View Post
    I'm no longer buying their excuses either. I realize mods can only do so much, I'm not upset with them they just repeat what they are told or allowed to say. I'm upset with tl. The excuse about it being hard to port is just them buying more time. This has gone on well past a reasonable time frame for TL programmers to figure out how to port the game features from ios to android. If they are having a hard time learning to develop for the android then how is it the game is available for android in the first place?? How did the manage to port an entire game from ios to android if it's so hard? How come pink and black dragons are available for android, yet other features are not? How come bakery store and restaurant story both have the ability to store items if programming that for ds is so hard? Why do other tl android games have that feature? Yes I know they are different games, but my point is it must not be too difficult to store items if the programming code exists in other games available on both ios and Android.

There is zero communication regarding any of our concerns and questions. Even the mods have given up trying to respond to us. If there was good news that the give us I don't doubt Jake or someone else would be all to happy to share it. Their continued silence speaks volumes to me. We are told not to speculate but that is human nature. With no other communication forthcoming, all we can do is speculate. So here is what I think is going on. TL has no intention of releasing the new dawn boosts to android, my guess would be ever. This is based on the fact that nd has been abandoned by tl for ios. Why would they bother to give android what has already been abandoned. Why wouldn't they release this at the same time our feeding costs were increased? Because they don't plan to. Too many ios players were complaining how unfair the discrepancy in feeding costs were, so tl increased it for android.

Trading/crafting: also don't think android will be getting this. Why? Because tl has the time to develop and write the code for an entire new color of Dragon plus hybrids. The time used to do that could have been set aside to catch android up to iOS but it wasn't. I kept telling myself we would see the features this summer. I used the endless back to back holidays from October until Easter as my excuse. There really is alot of holidays during this time. However, I really believe it was just wishful thinking. It isn't about all the holiday themed dragons, black dragons have nothing to do with any recent or upcoming holidays. It's purely about their bottom line. Now we suddenly the have a breeding in game challenge every week? Since when? They are putting these contests in the original encourage impulse buying.
    ;Jakestorm8 took time to post in the illusion dragon thread today but didn't post an update for android getting trading/crafting. Just another example of our questions and concerns being able ignored. I'm done caring. I'm not haven't uninstalled ds yet but after the sneak food increase recently right after ios got more exclusive features I am no longer sure why it is still installed.
    This was very well written. Thank you.

Executive Chef
    Well, I don't believe Android will see anything of "the" update. If we were going to receive it, they'd have been more than will to tell us something. There's been only silence, as usual, which tells us as much as the tired old excuse of "we're working on it" did, which I don't believe they are. I would LOVE to have to eat my words, I've said that a few times before, but I'm not worried about having to do that. LOL This new dragon ... Illusion ... is, in my opinion, another token to keep us thinking that something will happen. Kind of a "hear toss them this so they'll hush and buy us more time". I don't believe they're working on it. I don't believe it's coming. There's no communication from TL and never really has been. Actually, I'm really not looking for any now. Why should they give us any more than we have? They have no incentive to do so. As for all the new dragons? All this is going to do TO us, is take what space we have. I mean, we were given (everyone was) more habitats. How many do you have left? The more new dragons we're given, the more we're going to want them and the less space we're going to have. They can only give us so many more habitats before we're back to selling dragons and/or habitats to make room and then there will be those who may have to sell decor to make room. it's all a viscous circle and I'm getting dizzy. Don't think I'll be here much longer.

Executive Chef
    I meant to add, saying it yet again, this has nothing to do with the Mods, they're only allowed to do and say what they're allowed to and again, they may have been and are now, flying just as blind as we are. Kind of unfair to their Mods, in my opinion. I referred to it much earlier as they've been thrown to the wolves and I, today, still stand behind that statement.