Page 4 of 112 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Android parity discussion (continued)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by addpuff View Post
    Who is accepting their neighbors request for iOS exclusive items?
    Why would someone NOT accept? What would be the point? Don't go hatin' on neighbors, it's not their fault.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by salinho View Post
    Why would someone NOT accept? What would be the point? Don't go hatin' on neighbors, it's not their fault.
    That's exactly what I would've said. Declining it is stupid and immature, and doesn't solve anything. Plus, Android should get the V-Day update soon.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tonguelashing View Post
    ok that's interesting. They shouldn't be using Java on Android, that's part of the problem including how slow things are in Dragon Story. If they are porting to java, that's a completely different issue. They should be using C/C++ to keep the code as close to identical as possible.

However, I find this statement somewhat interesting:
    Well, clearly something is wrong on their end... Why don't you try posting that in that thread, see what they reply ? you're awesome dude(tte)!
    Oh, and for the record: i thought it was interesting that they'd even create a thread talking about these things. I wonder why we hadn't beem directed towards that thread yet.

Executive Chef
    Well, clearly something is wrong on their end... Why don't you try posting that in that thread, see what they reply ? you're awesome dude(tte)!
    Oh, and for the record: i thought it was interesting that they'd even create a thread talking about these things. I wonder why we hadn't beem directed towards that thread yet.
    Ummm, that thread was from august 2011. But I just found it recently.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jrodt333 View Post
    That's exactly what I would've said. Declining it is stupid and immature, and doesn't solve anything. Plus, Android should get the V-Day update soon.
    Yeah! it's not your neighbors fault if, you don't know how to play your game on both platform like Jrodt333

Banned
    Yes, I think it would have solved some confusion on my part. I need to go research a couple things and I'll get back to people. My knowledge of Java is pretty slim compared to C/C++. Was starting to learn Objective C when I was working for an iPhone development company. Was doing some back-end web site/db work for front-end apps at the time when I was starting to compare C/C++ with ObjC.

There may be a reason to do Java (android phones make heavy use of Java) but I still would develop in C/C++ myself. Maybe there's something I'm missing and since I don't want to speak out of the side of my mouth, I'll shutup while I figure it out.

Rhino Keeper
    "Android parity discussion", eh? Hard to say much with an update submitted to Google for review... (I assume)
    This means the Valentine' s content will, barring problems, be released more or less in parity.

There's really only two questions I can think of to ask...
    First, was the Valentine's app submitted to Amazon as well? Would save a lot of your players from googling "sideloading" if they knew it was pending...

More importantly, how much will this app close the gap? Will it contain all the missing content? Or just the Valentine's content? I think closer to the latter. I only expect the Valentine's content and the rest of New Dawn. I figure, like most, there's no way it took four months to port the goals, boosts and costs of New Dawn. I think they held off on releasing an update to New Dawn Android, knowing Valentine's was coming. So they combined the two, a simple pallette and background swap, then add the Heart dragons and rose decor and goals. This way we'll not realize it takes them three months at least to port content - it looks like it's totally in sync...

Ah well, we'll see soon enough... Will it be true parity, or just a ruse to placate the masses while we wait months more for the Album, Crafting, and Pink content to be converted?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhales View Post
    Ummm, that thread was from august 2011. But I just found it recently.
    Oh, nice going! you should be a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by tuskmage View Post
    Yeah! it's not your neighbors fault if, you don't know how to play your game on both platform like Jrodt333
    So if someone doesn't switch back and forth , then it is their neighbors' fault? ;D

Banned
    Profsink...I have the same questions....will this update be an overall update or just the valentines stuff to distract and "placate the masses" will we get any ofthe stuff we are behind on? Maybe someone can answer that! I think we wont or it would have been mentioned... I am thankfull we will get something though! Hopefull we will get more of the old updates.... doubtfull it will happen though... dont get me wrong I am grateful we are getting something but it should not excuse or override the things we are lacking....maybe someone higher up will address that question.....ooooooooo still cant wait for the valentines to update!!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by KI_Ghost View Post
    Cant understand you. This IS an ios-game and they need to port it to android ... you have no clue how hard it is since its not an cross platform based code. I bet TL is developing with Java but Apple hates cross-platform applications and they have HARD restrictions for apps in the store (i hate the apple-store for that) and they need to develope it twice - One for ios and one for android. I can understand TL: Why should they wait for releasing the finished update on ios - they loosing money when they do. Its a company! And I bet they work as hard as they can on releasing the update for droid too. faster update - faster money!
    Someone had to say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post

Recap from the previous thread:

[LIST...]
    [*]The Android platform is supported. Any rumors stating otherwise are false information.
    NOT an iOS-only game.