Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Android parity discussion (continued)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhales View Post
    Hmmm, interesting...!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sollia View Post
    Okay I had a silly thing to say about how if iOS has to trade for them then Android can't have it for free but the more I try to word it the worse it sounds.
    I don't think there is anyway to put it that could avoid upsetting someone. I refused to buy them either. TL has lost their minds if they think I'm going to pay over $50 for one virtual dragon!

New Resident
    Who is accepting their neighbors request for iOS exclusive items?

Farm Supplier
    I am accepting my neighbours exclusive requests. Be extremely rude not too. My iOS neighbours are amazing and the lack of updates aren't their fault. I'm grateful they've given us a heads up on all the updates. I've gotten most of my dragons to epic before prices go up. And saved all my duplicates to trade off when I can. Beyond happy to wait for the updates, still trying for mercury o.o

Farm Supplier
    Of course I am answering my neighbours requests. It isn't their fault that I bought Android. That was my choice and I am still happy with it.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by KI_Ghost View Post
    Cant understand you. This IS an ios-game and they need to port it to android ... you have no clue how hard it is since its not an cross platform based code. I bet TL is developing with Java but Apple hates cross-platform applications and they have HARD restrictions for apps in the store (i hate the apple-store for that) and they need to develope it twice - One for ios and one for android. I can understand TL: Why should they wait for releasing the finished update on ios - they loosing money when they do. Its a company! And I bet they work as hard as they can on releasing the update for droid too. faster update - faster money!
    Someone had to say that.
    Umm... the game isn't already available for Android? We are talking about updates to an existing game, not a whole new one, and tl should have been ready to keep both platforms in sync BEFORE they released the game for Android. The fact that they apparently weren't is bad business and is losing them more money than delaying ios updates ever will. The point being, I don't think they should be 'finishing updates' for ios so much instead of catching up the Android game.

Executive Chef
    Who say TL not treat us Andriod users fairly? So our IOS good neighbors get to breed they'er new Valentine's dragons since yesterday & the Andriod user are part of it too... We get a chance to help send Valentine's card to our IOS neighbors; is it exciting? Wow!! Thanks TL. It's just like the Andriod users doesn't get to eat the candy, but we get a chance to unwrap the candy wrapper for our IOS neighbors! Wow talking about in your face lolx.

Banned
    I respond to my neighbors requests too. Not their fault if TL is dragging their feet to release updates to Android.
    But then, there is Kindle. And my fear is that when Android will receive the Valentine update in a few days, Kindle will not. Some have talked about rooting the kindle which would allow to download from Google store. Do not do it. You risk messing up your tablet really badly and this to download an update...that's not worth it.
    I hope Kindle will also be updated. The Amazon app store got a few add ons for Bakery Life, as I have seen Thanksgiving and Halloween. My hope is that Valentine will be release for DS in the Amazon app store also.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KI_Ghost View Post
    Cant understand you. This IS an ios-game and they need to port it to android ... you have no clue how hard it is since its not an cross platform based code. I bet TL is developing with Java but Apple hates cross-platform applications and they have HARD restrictions for apps in the store (i hate the apple-store for that) and they need to develope it twice - One for ios and one for android. I can understand TL: Why should they wait for releasing the finished update on ios - they loosing money when they do. Its a company! And I bet they work as hard as they can on releasing the update for droid too. faster update - faster money!
    Someone had to say that.
    This is incorrect. iOS devices use Objective C which is an object oriented version of the C programming language. Android uses C/C++ as the code. The code between the two is actually very similar with *some* differences. In my opinion, not enough differences to warrant so long a wait on the update, but differences (calling conventions, variables, etc) that does cause some delays in coding. I don't think any of the iDevices use Java as their programming language.

Needless to say, I believe things are happening and we've been waiting a long time and hope it's coming in this latest update, even if we have to wait an extra week for it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by salinho View Post
    Hmmm, interesting...!
    ok that's interesting. They shouldn't be using Java on Android, that's part of the problem including how slow things are in Dragon Story. If they are porting to java, that's a completely different issue. They should be using C/C++ to keep the code as close to identical as possible.

However, I find this statement somewhat interesting:
    Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    Most people would expect that it's the difference in language, Objective-C++ going to Java. However, the two languages are extremely similar in structure so it's not difficult at all to translate from one language to another.