Page 21 of 112 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Android parity discussion (continued)

I have done a lot of complaining about Android not getting updates. But I'll be the first to eat my words (most of them anyway). Do we have trading or crafting? No. But we have Something. And for that I am So happy. Thank you TeamLava for giving us something. (Yes it happens to be the thing I was most looking forward to but I still would have been happy if it had been the trading instead of the pink dragons, because its progress and that's all I wanted.) Ideally it would be nice to be hand in hand with iOS but I'll take progress. So thank you again, I'm pretty content at the moment and I apologize to the moderators for my anger and frustration.

Rhino Keeper
    Just wanted to reiterate that as an iOS player who also has been willing to purchase Gold, I am in full support of releasing updates to all platforms at one time rather than in the staggered fashion that has become the norm.

I have some great neighbors and I'm sure some of them are on a different OS than me and to me, it isn't fair that they are forced to keep waiting and waiting and waiting while their iOS neighbors are growing, growing, growing.

Though no one is forcing anyone to pay for anything, I also think that it is reasonable for a paying customer and fan to ask for timely updates within reason. If money is being taken, then service needs to be given in turn and in light of the influx of all the new iOS updates (most of which I don't have save for the Album and Storage even though I am on a new iOS device), I can understand how other players on other platforms - especially those who have supported by buying Gold - will consider 'service' to be equivalent to 'updates'.

Yes, development on Android is definitely more difficult because of all the different possible devices and OSes available, but maybe updates to iOS could wait a little, too, to even things out a bit maybe?

Anyhow, just my own 2 cents and as such, save for the Scarecrow Dragon and Storm Dragon from my Album rewards, I have not implemented any of the other new features as I intend to wait until everyone else can get the same things.

It's more fun to see what everyone can do when everyone has the same tools and features at their disposal.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sefyre View Post
    Just wanted to reiterate that as an iOS player who also has been willing to purchase Gold, I am in full support of releasing updates to all platforms at one time rather than in the staggered fashion that has become the norm.

I have some great neighbors and I'm sure some of them are on a different OS than me and to me, it isn't fair that they are forced to keep waiting and waiting and waiting while their iOS neighbors are growing, growing, growing.

Though no one is forcing anyone to pay for anything, I also think that it is reasonable for a paying customer and fan to ask for timely updates within reason. If money is being taken, then service needs to be given in turn and in light of the influx of all the new iOS updates (most of which I don't have save for the Album and Storage even though I am on a new iOS device), I can understand how other players on other platforms - especially those who have supported by buying Gold - will consider 'service' to be equivalent to 'updates'.

Yes, development on Android is definitely more difficult because of all the different possible devices and OSes available, but maybe updates to iOS could wait a little, too, to even things out a bit maybe?

Anyhow, just my own 2 cents and as such, save for the Scarecrow Dragon and Storm Dragon from my Album rewards, I have not implemented any of the other new features as I intend to wait until everyone else can get the same things.

It's more fun to see what everyone can do when everyone has the same tools and features at their disposal.
    Woah, you don't need to do that! If you have the features, enjoy them! There's no need to restrict yourself from them just because Android and Kindle don't have them.

Fashion Designer
    Since I've switched to iOS I can speak for how different the game is. Not only do I have several new features but the game runs so much faster. What I considered a normal amount of lag is now gone. I can send people maps and it takes less than a second when before it would take 30-45. Collecting from habitats is faster and so is navigating my island.

While I suppose that my device contributed to that, my phone is not that old and should run well and on other games and apps it does.

The difference is ridiculous to be honest.

Well thank you for thinking of us! Though I agree with jrodt333, no need for you to wait for us. If you have the update, by all means enjoy it but this is exactly the sort of thing I was referring to in one of my previous posts. You're not the first person with iOS to suggest waiting so we were all equal. So if Android asks for it, and Kindle asks for it, And iOS asks for it, why isn't it being implemented? I can understand if maybe, iOS was a bigger part of their gamers and they disagreed so TL wouldn't want them upset, but that is not the case. At this point it's their whole (not Everyone but people from all devices) customer base asking for something they aren't receiving and that's simply not the way to run a business. I say someone should start a poll, (keep updates as they are, make them a little more spread out to satisfy all users) and they would be surprised at the results. I've seen countless iOS users say they would wait for us. Another suggestion I've seen is to hire a team for Android. THAT is something I would put money into the game for without hesitation. Hear that TL??? I have been avoiding giving money because I don't really see where it's going being iOS updates. But were these changes implemented, I'd likely buy gold every week! Yes I'm happy about the Valentine's update. It's Something. But I do hope this isn't just bread crumbs thrown at us in hopes we would forget we're starving, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by tonguelashing View Post
    Actually, that's "Gilligan's Isle"...showing my age I think :-)

Would you mind adding me as well? I love seeing new islands but really love seeing ones that have dragons I don't have. I did stop playing for a while out of frustration and sort of wish I hadn't. I'm a little behind And anyone else that would like to add me Storm8 id: Bellamour (I also have a second account, PelletAR)

Fashion Designer

This is very, very considerate of you, but don't feel you have to do that. It's when players like you offer to do that then I feel especially bad about some of the nasty and entirely uncalled for things I've said about iOS users.

Like I posted above, though, there's a huge difference between iOS Dragon Story and Dragon Story for Android, which makes me feel sad, but also justified about being so frustrated. Note I do not mean justified about lashing out at other players; that was a bad night for me and I wish I could take it back. I'm talking about just the general frustration regarding lack of updates and such, because the games are so very different.

I really hope everyone is on the same page ASAP. Because while I bought a new iPod (my other one was 6 years old) and get to enjoy DS in a whole new way, I know not everyone will have that same opportunity.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm just happy we got pink and valentine's dragons. I wasn't expecting that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by B3llamour View Post
    Would you mind adding me as well? I love seeing new islands but really love seeing ones that have dragons I don't have. I did stop playing for a while out of frustration and sort of wish I hadn't. I'm a little behind And anyone else that would like to add me Storm8 id: Bellamour (I also have a second account, PelletAR)
    Added :-)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by B3llamour View Post
    Accepted invite from PellletAR and invited Bellamour. :-)