Page 102 of 112 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1119

Thread: Feedback: Android parity discussion (continued)

Rhino Keeper
    thumbs up

Rhino Keeper
    The thing that bothers me the most about the new dragon from the wheel is that there's no need to add a dragon that not everyone can get! That's pointless! If you know that most of your customer base can't obtain something new from your game then why add it in? They release movies on bluray and dvd because they know not everyone has a bluray player, books are released in physical form as as downloads or ereaders, and a lot of games are released on multiple platforms so that people don't have to go out and buy new systems! But TL decided to release a new dragon using a medium that less than half of their players can obtain. Why not make it breedable? Why not do something else so that everyone could get it?

I talked a lot of my friends into playing Dragon Story because I thought it was a great game. Some even bought gold. But today I'll be telling them all to uninstall it, and they will. My third year business major friends could do a better job at running the TL company than whoever's in charge.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by UnoRaven View Post
    The thing that bothers me the most about the new dragon from the wheel is that there's no need to add a dragon that not everyone can get! That's pointless! If you know that most of your customer base can't obtain something new from your game then why add it in? They release movies on bluray and dvd because they know not everyone has a bluray player, books are released in physical form as as downloads or ereaders, and a lot of games are released on multiple platforms so that people don't have to go out and buy new systems! But TL decided to release a new dragon using a medium that less than half of their players can obtain. Why not make it breedable? Why not do something else so that everyone could get it?

I talked a lot of my friends into playing Dragon Story because I thought it was a great game. Some even bought gold. But today I'll be telling them all to uninstall it, and they will. My third year business major friends could do a better job at running the TL company than whoever's in charge.
    Because of money they're hoping people get enticed to spend gold on extra spins of the wheel so that they get another chance to get the dragon. Like they said, they're "trying out" new things with the wheel. To me that translates into a trial to see if enough people will spend money because of this new dragon, and if they do, they might change to a regular wheel or something (right now it's only a temporary 6 - or is it 7? -day thing released at a random selection of iOS players)

Yes I believe the main problem behind our complaints is actually the decision makers behind TL. Might be the slowness of their programmers preventing android catching up, or it could be deeper where someone tells the programmers to make coding new releases a priority. You never know.

Banned
    Most "new ideas" that TL is coming up with for DS are already existing in another dragon game. Even some dragons are totally copied.
    However, that's their deal if they want to be copycats. They should win the award for "most money hungry company".

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by hamadrys View Post
    Most "new ideas" that TL is coming up with for DS are already existing in another dragon game. Even some dragons are totally copied.
    However, that's their deal if they want to be copycats. They should win the award for "most money hungry company".
    Exactly. I can understand that it's hard to maintain a business based on a "free" game, so I don't blame them for coming up with lots of features that tempt people into spending money. But not adding a confirm button that many people have requested for a long time, that's just bad form. Even selling eggs get a confirmation button, so "it's really difficult to code a confirmation button" will not be an acceptable excuse. Even the mods know better than to respond to those requests.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by fitt7 View Post
    First, thank u for fixing the inabity 2 visit my IOS neoghbors. Second, maybe u should work on the operating sytems from the greatest to the least 2 resolve us gettg the craftg feature Ios users have BEFORE introducing new features tbat only they can enjoy. It is only fair & a matter of ethics as well as principle..
    Glad to read that you're able to navigate better around other islands. I'm still having problems with that, but have noticed that my navigation difficulties are with IOS islands that are loaded with decor. Sometimes, I can get around alright, but other times, which is most of the time, I can't.

Fashion Designer
    I just take a look in the forum archives. Android vs TL are an old story I did not know that there was only one year we could play DS

Fashion Designer
    The fact this thread hasn't been closed and a new part 3 been made even though we've hit 100 pages makes me think TL isn't paying much attention to this thread.

Banned
    I agree. I think this thread is there to give us the illusion that they care. But it is like some kind of pacifier, nothing more.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by annbluebird View Post
    I just take a look in the forum archives. Android vs TL are an old story I did not know that there was only one year we could play DS
    Yeah and it didn't take very long for them to usher us to the back of the bus.