Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove 2012 Holiday Content

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna48 View Post
    Oh, and is Chinese New Year included as a holiday also?

A complete list would be most helpful for those of us who might want to get something before it is gone.
    A list would be very nice. I didn't join the game until much later in the year (around October), and even then, I was too busy making brownies to pay any attention to the events, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    Any seasonal recipes from a regular (non-seasonal) appliance will be removed unless you have mastered it. If you want to keep these recipes, be sure to master it before the deadline. Any seasonal recipes on seasonal appliances which you have previously purchased or any seasonal recipes which you had to unlock will remain in your game.
    I don't understand this. Wouldn't it make more sense to leave the recipes that we need to master, rather then the ones that we have already mastered? Isn't that the whole point of the game? To master all these recipes and get more goals.
    That's how I play it anyways. I would lose interest in the game if I didn't have a goal to work towards.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ElEhYouAreEh View Post
    I don't understand this. Wouldn't it make more sense to leave the recipes that we need to master, rather then the ones that we have already mastered? Isn't that the whole point of the game? To master all these recipes and get more goals.
    That's how I play it anyways. I would lose interest in the game if I didn't have a goal to work towards.
    This is still very vague. To me this sounds like the beach cupcake could be removed because it's a summer seasonal recipe, even though summer doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a holiday. Same with the autumn cake/cookies. If it doesn't "scream" holiday I personally think it should stay.

Some have said " well done toast, heart toast, cherry muffins, PBS chocolate cake" etc. But these don't seem seasonal at all even though they were used for goals. I think I have mastered all in RS but who knows. I was told that rhubarb was removed in Farm Story after last Valentines. Who knows what will be considered "seasonal" which is broader than "holiday" which the popups say. Some recipes disappeared a bit ago with no notice.

Really vague and impossible for new players or those who received goals late.

KadeeDid

Quote Originally Posted by marrrina View Post
    This is still very vague. To me this sounds like the beach cupcake could be removed because it's a summer seasonal recipe, even though summer doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a holiday. Same with the autumn cake/cookies. If it doesn't "scream" holiday I personally think it should stay.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by KadeeDid View Post
    Some have said " well done toast, heart toast, cherry muffins, PBS chocolate cake" etc. But these don't seem seasonal at all even though they were used for goals. I think I have mastered all in RS but who knows. I was told that rhubarb was removed in Farm Story after last Valentines. Who knows what will be considered "seasonal" which is broader than "holiday" which the popups say. Some recipes disappeared a bit ago with no notice.

Really vague and impossible for new players or those who received goals late.

KadeeDid
    I agree that absolutely none of the recipes that came out with the reindeer goals apply to holidays (and the holiday waffles really only does because it has holiday in the title, but it just looks like plain waffles with whipped cream which, let's be real, is eaten all year). I'm working on mastering those now because they're very short but there's no way I'll be able to master the fall recipes on the main oven by the 7th if they are to be removed.

Rhino Keeper
    Well, I'm sure glad I saw this thread, not that it'll do much good. I have an Android and am not getting the pop-ups you're talking about. There's no way I can master all the content that'll be removed, but I can try. It would be great to see a list of the stuff that will be removed, instead of having to try to remember what was released for each holiday.

Rhino Keeper
    I would also like to say, it would've been nice to get more than a few days notice on this.

Executive Chef

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by kimikayyz View Post
    I would also like to say, it would've been nice to get more than a few days notice on this.
    Yes I am also pretty upset about this. I mean first of all the whole master the recipe so you still have it really would have been helpful knowledge. Not everyone is on the forum and we can't all be on it 24/7. So ....yes more than just a few days really should have been given and we haven't even had the BS Christmas recipes for very long.

Rhino Keeper
    Can an official give any final answer to whether there will be items removed anytime soon? I still have stuff from last Christmas locked by goal that I can't cook!

Rhino Keeper
    It Only pops up in the original game, does this mean we dont use Christmas version anymore?

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast