Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove 2012 Holiday Content

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by device2 View Post
    People are upset, but that was the goal.

Why... because upset, uninformed, panic-stricken players make poor decisions. Maybe some players will be upset enough to spend gems to speed up cooking times so they don't lose access to recipes. Fear is a selling tactic.

Everyone just relax . It's okay, there will be new recipes and new opportunities to earn gems. Don't fall into selling tricks.
    I don't think that makes sense... Because most of us are complaining because we want to master ther recipes to get the gems..... So how would speeding up recipes help us? Spend alot of gems to get 1 or 2 gems back? Doesn't add up

Quote Originally Posted by sweetstuff525 View Post
    I don't think that makes sense... Because most of us are complaining because we want to master ther recipes to get the gems..... So how would speeding up recipes help us? Spend alot of gems to get 1 or 2 gems back? Doesn't add up
    Your right, because your using common sense. But a lot of people don't. They are the ones who will use gems. You probably have most of the dishes mastered. There are a lot of new players who dont and may lose dishes, again... these are the players who MAY use gems. The new (uninformed) players are a gold mine.

This also changes the way players see the game. Now people will mindlessly cook any new dish that is released, to get the gems. They will give no thought to whether the dish is profitable and will cause them to slow down at earning coins.

All in all, causing your players to be upset and keeping them uninformed isn't very nice.

Fashion Designer
    if you master a recipe you get to keep it so panicking and spending gems could make sense if there is a recipe you really want to keep.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thatgirl444 View Post
    if you master a recipe you get to keep it so panicking and spending gems could make sense if there is a recipe you really want to keep.
    You can keep the recipes that you have served in your counters... But even if mastered the recipe won't stay in your cookbook for you too keep cooking

Same thing happened in rs... Some Halloween recipes were removed and I already mastered them .. But yeah they don't stay in your cookbook

Quote Originally Posted by sweetstuff525 View Post
    You can keep the recipes that you have served in your counters... But even if mastered the recipe won't stay in your cookbook for you too keep cooking

Same thing happened in rs... Some Halloween recipes were removed and I already mastered them .. But yeah they don't stay in your cookbook
    Are you sure? I thought if we have "holiday" dishes mastered we get to keep them, but if we dont then we lose them forever. But I might be wrong since there is such a lack of information.

There is an official post from TL staff but I can't find it (another way to keep us in the dark). No one really seems to know what is going on.

The biggest problem is no one knows which dishes we are losing. So, if you don't have your favorite dishes mastered and your afraid you might lose it forever and you only have a day and a half to master it... what are SOME people going to do?

Now do you see what I was saying.... Panic combined with "fear-of-loss" = people with more money than common sense will buy gems. I used to work in sales, it's a trick to get people to spend money.

Grand Emperor
    Based on past holiday removals:

Holiday dishes mastered or unmastered on regular appliances will be removed. These appliances were released prior to 2012.

Any holiday dishes on special appliances (e.g., Santa Oven, Turkey Oven, Coffin Drink Machine) will remain whether mastered or not.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by thatgirl444 View Post
    That was what I believed, until spider brownie (on regular oven) which I had mastered was quietly removed. So mastering a recipe doesn't 100% keep it in your cookbook.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post

Holiday dishes mastered or unmastered on regular appliances will be removed. These appliances were released prior to 2012.

Any holiday dishes on special appliances (e.g., Santa Oven, Turkey Oven, Coffin Drink Machine) will remain whether mastered or not.
    Yeah minish I explained it better than me...

Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post

I think they are doing it differently this time. See post #5 in this thread .... https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...n-cake-holiday

The quote from Frozen Turtle makes it sound like if you have it mastered you can continue to cook it, if not... It's gone.

At least that's how I read it. What do you think? Does anyone know where this was quoted from? I can't find the original quote from FT.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by device2 View Post
    I think they are doing it differently this time. See post #5 in this thread .... https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...n-cake-holiday

The quote from Frozen Turtle makes it sound like if you have it mastered you can continue to cook it, if not... It's gone.

At least that's how I read it. What do you think? Does anyone know where this was quoted from? I can't find the original quote from FT.
    Wow maybe your right ... Just read it and it does say that

Ps I also took a screen shot of it for proof lol

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast