Everything you're saying is valid. They still LIED and should have made their intentions clear. It's the same thing as Macy's saying "All winter jackets only on sale until next week" and then they wipe out all the Jackets, kitchen appliances, bedding, sports equipment and shoes. Makes NO sense and is false advertising. "Removing holiday content" is all they said and after NUMEROUS posters asked for clarification, we were ignored. Last I checked the Olympics weren't a holiday.
Actually Macy's does exactly that! The store constantly turns over inventory whether they are advertising or not.

I agree that it was a huge mistake for it to be said that mastered items would be kept. They've never been kept before, and with a mistake that big, TL usually awards affected or all current players with either gems or gem content, so that's something to be expecting.

On a side note, when it first came out I assumed the Olympic content would be chopped, before halloween. And certainly faster than annual holiday decor. I baked my little butt off to master the recipes. As a result, I didn't master all the beach content. Goes to show we all have a different picture.

I too wonder at the reasoning behind not giving us a list. I too baked an awful lot of autumn cakes when I could have been spending those coins on decor that is now gone. I did get it over with, though. And got another gem for buying a gingerbread table with.