Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: New Features (IOS)Overview: Trading and Crafting(UPDATED 12-12-12)

Rhino Keeper

Thumbs up New Features (IOS)Overview: Trading and Crafting(UPDATED 12-12-12)

===

Update:

Quote Originally Posted by JakeStorm8 View Post
    Hello,

I wanted to let you all know we're planning to release the Trading and Crafting features to 100% of iOS players Friday morning.

The only difference is that the Ruby Dragon won't be the only dragon you can craft...

As a reminder, these features are only available with the 1.2 version from a few weeks ago. If you got that, you have these features. We just have to turn them on.

Game on,

-Jake.

Greetings Caretakers,

It's my pleasure to introduce the two largest features we've added to Dragon Story since the game's debut: Spell Crafting and Trading.

These features are the two pieces of a brand new experience on the Dragon Isles that we think you'll really enjoy!

Spell Crafting is introduced with a new building, the Spell Shop.

The Spell Shop is a giant, mystical book of spell recipes that lets you craft never-before seen decorations, magical items, and most importantly: new dragons. Gemstone Dragons.

But recipes have ingredients, and I'll bet you're wondering what goes into a mixing bowl that bakes a dragon. That brings us to the second new building: the Trading Portal.

The Trading Portal finally gives players something to do with duplicate or excess dragons. We know space is limited on your Dragon Isles, and sometimes there are a few extra (*ahem* Firestorm *ahem*) dragons that you wish had some other use. Well now they do. Say goodbye and send a dragon through the Trading Portal and it will leave its magic behind in the form of powerful Gemstones and magic items. These are the ingredients you need to craft the new gemstone dragons available in the Spell Shop.

So, send dragons through the Trading Portal, collect the rewards, and use those to craft new dragons in the Spell Shop. Those are the basics. Now, let me dig in a little deeper.

How does the Trading Portal work?
    When a dragon is traded, you get Gemstones based on the dragon's color(s) and rarity. I'll let community members break down the math, but basically a Red/Blue dragon will give you Rubies and Sapphires. Those will be Small Rubies and Sapphires if the dragon was Common, but some will be Large Rubies and Sapphires if the dragon was Rare or Super Rare.

What else can I get with the Trading Portal?
    Good question, me. In addition to the predetermined Gemstones a dragon leaves behind when it passes through the portal into the Dragon Realm, some uncertain, random things are sometimes left behind. Namely, random chances at other Gems, and sometimes very rare ingredients used to craft the most powerful craftable dragons.

How does the Spell Shop work?
    The Spell Shop contains a list of crafting recipies. Crafting recipies outline a set of ingredients required to create the pictured product. The better the product, the harder the recipe. The most powerful crafted dragons might require several Large Gemstones, which are found by trading rarer dragons.

But I don't want to trade my rare dragons! How else can I get Large Gemstones?
    Thankfully, the Spell Shop also has recipes for combining multiple Small Gemstones into a Large Gemstone! That means you can trade several easy-to-breed common dragons for Small Gemstones, then combine those into the Large Gemstones needed for the most powerful dragons available in the Spell Shop.

I hope that addresses some of your questions. I'm sure you'll have more - please don't hesitate to ask. Download the update, check out the features, and let me know what you think! I hope you enjoy this massive update as much as we do.

Thanks for playing,

-Jake.

PS...

Edit: Dragons must be level 4+ to be traded. Rewards are based only on rarity, not level.

Craftable Deco

Last edited by sehana; 03-06-13 at 07:43 PM. Reason: edit

Rhino Keeper
    Opened up. Share your thoughts!

Executive Chef
    1. Get rid of trading times. Too much gold being used from speeding up breeding, hatching, then trading which is over priced, then crafting. Just get rid of trading times period

2. We need to be able to request blossoms and maps from the same person in one day

3. We need to be able to craft 10 small gems from one large gem

waiting for trading my dragon to get some material now

Rhino Keeper
    New update sucks. They decreased the crafting items from commons. It used to be 1 gem o each color the dragon was made of to just a random, chance box. That's lame even for TL.

Fashion Designer
    What are requestable items and what are not? Everything in the spell shop has an ask button but as of now only lotus blossoms are able to be requested. Is this by design?

Fashion Designer
    Oh and thank you for this awesome update BTW

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Horntail21 View Post
    What are requestable items and what are not? Everything in the spell shop has an ask button but as of now only lotus blossoms are able to be requested. Is this by design?
    Yes. I'm not sure why they made it to pop up to a blank screen when tapping request. I was confused at first too

Update looks great tho. I can't wait to get these new dragons

Executive Chef
    Questions : Are these crafting dragons breed-able under any circumstances (can i breed a ruby if i use 2 ruby parents)
    2. Do they breed as normal pure dragons (will the emerald dragon breed just like the forest dragon)

Rhino Keeper
    Also, you removed the ask friends button in my crafting shop.

Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast