Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: New Features (IOS)Overview: Trading and Crafting(UPDATED 12-12-12)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nanajax5 View Post
    Why can we not use the trading and spell shop in new dawn it shows there but does nothing
    Maybe because many didn't like the wash out color in new dawn.. So they decided not to updated

Just use the reg dragon story

Exclamation New Feature: Trading and Crafting

Hi Jake, I like the new feature but have a few questions:

For those of us who have to evolve a dragon just to use them in the trading shop, is there an adjustment in the works for us? I have been working along raising and evolving and trading, really a slow process for me. Seems like a lot of work and wasted materials especially since I have only got 2 rare (wilds) and an aurora since this inception (and keeping them all). Those of us that have to evolve before trading should be able to request the items we need to craft the new dragons (scrolls and other small gems).

Hope you can help us out with these new tools we have to work with, thanks.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by margaritaville99 View Post
    Hi Jake, I like the new feature but have a few questions:

For those of us who have to evolve a dragon just to use them in the trading shop, is there an adjustment in the works for us? I have been working along raising and evolving and trading, really a slow process for me. Seems like a lot of work and wasted materials especially since I have only got 2 rare (wilds) and an aurora since this inception (and keeping them all). Those of us that have to evolve before trading should be able to request the items we need to craft the new dragons (scrolls and other small gems).

Hope you can help us out with these new tools we have to work with, thanks.
    That is a nice point.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by nikky2012 View Post
    That is a nice point.
    Thanks for the question, margaritaville99,

Unfortunately, We won't be doing anything to level out the playing field with regards to evolve steps per player. I hope you can understand that it would set an impossible precedent and require workarounds to balance every feature in the game. We'd love for everyone to have the same evolution steps that we decided balanced the game best, but we decided against forcing the change on existing players.

To your second question about number of rares - this seems unrelated to the evolution steps question, but I would remind you that we come up with features for different ages of players in order to make sure there are fun things to do for everyone, new and experienced players. Just because this feature is intended to be used by players who are further along in the game (higher level, more dragons, etc.), and thus requires a ton of work for new players to complete the tasks (like crafting a Ruby Dragon), doesn't mean that we messed up, it means we tried to come up with something that higher level players would be challenged by. I'm sure you can imagine, if we made it easy for a player with 3 rare dragons to craft a Ruby Dragon, players who have 10 or 20 rare dragons would be totally un-challenged by the feature, and they would be done with all of the tasks in a day or two. We need features for new, medium, and old players. This one is more for mid-high level players.

Hope that clears up some of our decision making.

Banned
    Yay! Jake, we appreciate the extra challenge.

Executive Chef
    I was wondering what the cap will be for scrolls. 6 is difficult but possible. If you made a light gem dragon how many scrolls would that be? I found it odd that emerald was 3 scrolls and ruby was 6. Are you basing the scroll amount off the rarity of the gem and not the dragons you have to trade?

One more question. There will not be a diamond gem dragon because it wouldn't make sense, but I was wondering if the dust will be used to make a dragon in the future. Hopefully not just a deco

Post Trading and Crafting

Quote Originally Posted by JakeStorm8 View Post
    Thanks for the question, margaritaville99,

Unfortunately, We won't be doing anything to level out the playing field with regards to evolve steps per player. I hope you can understand that it would set an impossible precedent and require workarounds to balance every feature in the game. We'd love for everyone to have the same evolution steps that we decided balanced the game best, but we decided against forcing the change on existing players.

To your second question about number of rares - this seems unrelated to the evolution steps question, but I would remind you that we come up with features for different ages of players in order to make sure there are fun things to do for everyone, new and experienced players. Just because this feature is intended to be used by players who are further along in the game (higher level, more dragons, etc.), and thus requires a ton of work for new players to complete the tasks (like crafting a Ruby Dragon), doesn't mean that we messed up, it means we tried to come up with something that higher level players would be challenged by. I'm sure you can imagine, if we made it easy for a player with 3 rare dragons to craft a Ruby Dragon, players who have 10 or 20 rare dragons would be totally un-challenged by the feature, and they would be done with all of the tasks in a day or two. We need features for new, medium, and old players. This one is more for mid-high level players.

Hope that clears up some of our decision making.
    Thanks Jake for the quick reply! I guess I read too much on the forums, seeing where some players come by gems easily and some are struggling and this reminded me of having to evolve before trading. And, the forum is where I come for help. I intended to take my time with the trading and crafting to see what else is coming.

The other question is referencing the use of a common hybrid to trade, and I get one tiny stone for the common dragon, where the rare and super get I think 2, not sure because I have not traded higher than a common, just reading here. Trying to understand how this concept will work. Which took me to the evolution process the higher level players don't have to contend with. I was one of the testers in the 10% and things changed in mid-stream for us with no instructions or notice, causing me confusion also.

Just wanted to clear up any confusion, thanks again, have a pleasant evening.

It would make a lot of sense if we could craft 10 spell scrolls using 1 large emerald + 1 large topaz.

Fashion Designer
    @ margaritaville99
    You gem a mystery box for common which is a small gem of 1 of the dragons elements
    Rare Dragons get you a mystery box and 2 small gems of the dragons elements
    Super Rare you get 2 large gems and a mystery box.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by goodfrey View Post
    It would make a lot of sense if we could craft 10 spell scrolls using 1 large emerald + 1 large topaz.
    Or at least 2/3. 10 is an extreme