Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657

Thread: Cobbler Bake-off!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dria_91 View Post
    I want to apologize! MHZ_ is right. I'm being a poor sport and that's not fair to the winners! I do congragulate the winners. This was the first contest so not everything was perfect. It's like a trial and error type of thing. I hope that future contests will be a bit more thought out so that every player would have the chance to win. And I would like to apologize to the TL staff as well. I see that it upset you guys to see how negative some of us are being right now. I think this was the most fun thing we've had in a while in bakery story, and I thank you guys for coming up with such a great idea to get more players involved!
    Smiles to you :-) I agree. I loved the concept. I didn't take part but do like the idea of future in game contests with a few improvements. I have nothing but a big thank you to TL for this contest and hope a future one comes soon though with a few improvements lol.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MHz_ View Post
    Let me just stop you right there. This kind of negativity has no place on these forums. It doesn't contribue to the conversation and only hurts your fellow players, especially those that spent many hours over the weekend this contest ran. Bakery Story is a game where you can play the way you want to. Who are we to judge players that choose to spend their own money and time on a game they enjoy?

Under no circumstances was there anything that was 'fixed'. We put rules in place, they were very simple and open ended on purpose. To say we don't care about other players is just flat wrong. This is the first time we've run a contest like this, so obviously there will be some kinks for us to work out, and some improvements to make. Expect to see those improvements reflected in future contests that we run.

As a side note, I'm a bit saddened to see the amount of overall negativity that is prevalent in this thread after the winners were announced. I'd ask that you all please support your fellow bakers, and be ready for the next contest. It might be coming sooner than you might expect

If you still feel like you aren't being heard for any reason with regards to this contest or any contest of this nature in the future, my PM box is open. If you're not capable of posting constructive criticisms on this thread, then please direct your comments to me via PM, and I'll be happy to address your concerns.

Thanks!
    Well said for the majority of us who baked those cobblers even though we knew we didn't stand a chance againts the bakeries with 100+ ovens, we still had fun doing so and would gladly do it again but maybe this time with a more fair chance at winning for all
    You guys brought back a lot of enthusiasm for us as a lot of people had left bakery since the increase in prices happened. My only suggestion for the next contest(which I've mentioned already in recent posts) is to take into consideration levels and the number of ovens a bakery has

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    Congratulations to our winners!

Please join me in congratulating our winning Bakeries below (winners are listed in no particular order):

Camille
    Delicious Taste
    Bossie
    Jenny
    Sir Tomee
    Lunar Rose
    caffe corner
    mango
    CoVa
    The Tea Cosy

Each of them has won 1,000 Gems!

Thanks again for your patience while we crunched all these numbers! Is your Bakery Name on that list? Post here with pride! We hope you had as much fun baking these Peach Cobblers as we had eating them. Keep your feedback coming and be on the look out for future in-game contests for Bakery Story or one of our other Storm8 games!

To whet your appetite in the meantime, here are some fun facts about the Cobbler Bake-off:

375,749 players participated!
    8,209,422 Peach Cobblers were cooked!
    2,462,826,600 Plates of Peach Cobblers were served!

2,280 Peach Cobblers were being started every MINUTE! That's 38 orders every SECOND!
    CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS !! Some of which are my ngbrs already, so happy for u guys! You guys all deserved it! All the extra gems u spent on the stoves and the dedication! Happy for u all!

Executive Chef
    i think pet hotel story contest is the fairest one

as it requires the person to be glued to the screen to send a specific pet to fun rooms

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnasCoffee View Post
    It would be completely hilarious. For me, it would also show me how much priority I give this game. Like if the phone rang ... I know I wouldn't answer it !!! If my mom showed up at my house, I bet I'd try to get her make it a short visit.

I'd also probably try to convince my husband rotate sleeping times with me, so he could to tap/cook the brownies for me while I slept at night and I could cook brownies all day it would be a 24 hour brownie machine ... Just kidding, I would really do that.

He would never do it anyway.... He would just give me "that look" ... like I'm crazy and I play this game too much. Besides, I don't let him touch the iPad when I'm in my Bakery game ... too many gem-traps.
    LOL *bows down* My fiance is a Call of Duty addict. Anytime he mentions TL/Story games I'm just like "what is that in your hands? yeah, controller..." I never let him touch my device either during gameplay. Ha!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by LalaSmooth View Post
    Why do people want to spend 50 gems on a stove for?.
    I think I have 100 appliance slots exactly.

I bought mine when I was probably in the 30s and the price was 24 gems per slot and I did it because I was having OCD about maxing my recipes and became impatient waiting on my appliances to finish just to get to the next time sensitive goal that needed to be done.

Farm Supplier
    What was the amounts of cobbler baked by any of the 10 winners? Just curious how high it really went. Not the "guess" based on the math of baking every 3 hours.

New Resident
    Congrats to all the winners......good job!!!

Farm Supplier
    Congrats to you all

Executive Chef
    I'm the same with all of my TL games. I don't let anyone play the games unless I'm watching over them. They are like my babies. Congratulations to the previous winners.
    I play all the games but these days I have been showing more interest in Farm, Bakery, and Pet Hotel Story. But I do check the other games like three times a week. =)

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657