Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobbler Bake-off!

Quote Originally Posted by MHz_ View Post
    Wow, you guys are pretty brutal. I totally get your perspectives about why you may think it's unfair (especially if you're a lower level player) etc.. but the truth is, this contest is totally optional. If you want to try your luck, maybe you could win a ton of gems. If you don't like it, then hey, no big deal, just don't participate.

Instead of trying to bag on those who want to try to win with a ton of negativity, why not try to contribute some encouragement for those who are participating, and some constructive feedback for TL on how to make the next version of this contest more successful.

Here's an idea that I think will help go a long way: a minimum participation reward. Basically we could set a minimum amount of [Peach Cobbler] that needs to be served in order to qualify, and then a cool prize that you get for reaching it. The other idea I thought was good, was sparating out winners by level brackets, to try to even the playing field a bit.

What other great ideas do you guys have for the next contest we do like this?
    Very well put. Even if it were to be grossly unfair this time...Team Lava will be able to improve on the concept for the next time. (assuming they dont get put off by the naysayers) I am level 32 and will participate. I may not win but will have loads of cobbler 24/7 to sell for a while!

TL...
    if you are reading these The one winner per bracket is a great idea to incorporate. Also maybe for those that reach a set amt served (such as 500 or 1000 could win a special recipie, or decor item you cant get otherwise? That would be really fun to work towards.

Thank you for a fun event! cheers!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chewytwix View Post
    Anyway this idea is crazy: best baker gets unlimited gems for 1 month.
    LOL omg really? Forever expand, buy a billion extra appliances, buy each box at least 100 times. They'd never let the number one winner have that much fun. But if they did the unlimited thing for even 5 minutes I'd seriously take massive advantage.

Neat thought

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by LCAHEARTS View Post
    MHz_ , your are by far [like really far, to another galaxy and back] an asset to TeamLava. I'm really happy you are here, and I made that clear in your welcoming thread. All I have to say about the above is that there is a GIANT thread full of constructive feedback that went ignored. In fact, I think most of us can agree TL practically read 100+ pages and laughed at us. It's a two way street. It's hard to be positive about anything when you feel unappreciated/unwanted/taken advantage of, in any aspect of life.

Personally, I'm not participating for one very obvious reason. I don't care about the technicalities as I think the idea/in-game contest is super cute. However, it's hard enough to make any money in BS now. It's hard enough to pay for baking for most players. All the prices are outrageously stupid and ignorant. I'd love to participate but it's coins that will take me MONTHS to truly earn back and for what? Just to lose anyways? Not worth it.
    Totally understandable. Thanks for all the nice things you've said. Bakery isn't the main game I work on (Castle is my main game), but this contest has been a bit of a pet project for me. When I asked for feedback and ideas, it was geared towards making this contest better, as thats something I have influence over. Sorry if I was misleading in any way about that.

Totally understandable. Thanks for all the nice things you've said. Bakery isn't the main game I work on (Castle is my main game), but this contest has been a bit of a pet project for me. When I asked for feedback and ideas, it was geared towards making this contest better, as thats something I have influence over. Sorry if I was misleading in any way about that.
    I love Castle Story! The only thing I dislike is I cant play it more!

Executive Chef
    Alright, I said I didn't feel like making suggestions but I guess I changed my mind....

If your going to have "contests" players need to feel like they have a chance at winning a prize. If the contest is to make the most food and we are competeing against ALL other players ... We know we are not going to win. This type of contest will never work. Please give us some credit for having COMMON SENSE !!! We have all seen bakery with hundreds of appliances and we know they will win.

Instead, can't you have a contest where all players are challenged to cook 300 (feel free to adjust this number) peach cobblers over the weekend ... AND everyone who does it gets the prize.

Additional feedback... I don't think the prize matters as much as having a FAIR contest. It wouldn't matter to me if the prize was gems or an exclusive decoration. What matters is ... If the contest is worth my time. This one isn't... Sorry

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnasCoffee View Post
    Alright, I said I didn't feel like making suggestions but I guess I changed my mind....

If your going to have "contests" players need to feel like they have a chance at winning a prize. If the contest is to make the most food and we are competeing against ALL other players ... We know we are not going to win. This type of contest will never work. Please give us some credit for having COMMON SENSE !!! We have all seen bakery with hundreds of appliances and we know they will win.

Instead, can't you have a contest where all players are challenged to cook 300 (feel free to adjust this number) peach cobblers over the weekend ... AND everyone who does it gets the prize.

Additional feedback... I don't think the prize matters as much as having a FAIR contest. It wouldn't matter to me if the prize was gems or an exclusive decoration. What matters is ... If the contest is worth my time. This one isn't... Sorry
    From what I've seen TL do lately, I don't think any contest will be worth our time;-(

New Resident
    If somebody with 100 ovens or somebody that uses tons of gems to speed up their recipes wins... that's great! They deserve it. I think people that actually buy tons of gems should be rewarded once in awhile. I myself play for free and still have fun

Fashion Designer
    I am excited for those players who have invested in the extra appliance slots. This contest really is for them and they deserve it!
    As for me, at level 99 with 18 ovens gained in the game by leveling, a level based competition affected by appliance number will not attract me. The ability to purchase extra appliance slots with gems forever made the playing field uneven based on spending power. Those who spend more on the game will still have a possibility to win something and I will not. Again, I am happy for them, some are neighbors of mine. This is not a complaint! Just facts.

Last night I thought I had a great advantage being in Hawaii and awake at 10pm. The contest started and my appliances were empty! I started two cobblers before I realized that my cooking power over the course of the weekend was equal to one or two 3 hr bakes of some of my neighbors!

If the contest were based on a limited appliance that each player could only have a limited number of, that would even the playing field. Oh, and a couple days notice would help the whole issue of a contest notification & starting ten minutes after I go to bed.

Thanks Team Lava! I've successfully not hit the ok button when I get the pop up offering 240000 coins in exchange for gems for over a week now so I'm happy.

Executive Chef
    Wow, you guys are pretty brutal. I totally get your perspectives about why you may think it's unfair (especially if you're a lower level player) etc.. but the truth is, this contest is totally optional. If you want to try your luck, maybe you could win a ton of gems. If you don't like it, then hey, no big deal, just don't participate.

Instead of trying to bag on those who want to try to win with a ton of negativity, why not try to contribute some encouragement for those who are participating, and some constructive feedback for TL on how to make the next version of this contest more successful.

Here's an idea that I think will help go a long way: a minimum participation reward. Basically we could set a minimum amount of [Peach Cobbler] that needs to be served in order to qualify, and then a cool prize that you get for reaching it. The other idea I thought was good, was sparating out winners by level brackets, to try to even the playing field a bit.

What other great ideas do you guys have for the next contest we do like this?
    Personally I like this contest. I know I won't win as there are tons of people who have bought extra appliances but im gonna try. I do agree it's not quite fair to lower level players and those like myself who don't have extra appliances but I also agree with you about not bagging on those that are trying and have extra appliances (heck lucky them and when they win I'll happily congratulate them)

Thank you TL for a great contest and hope there's another one at Christmas that I notice when it starts lol. I didn't see the pop until 3 hrs ago.

Rhino Keeper
    MHz_, thanks again for your excellent communication and for your influence in trying to make the TL games better (I play Castle so I already know how good you are over there).

This contest sounds really great until you realize that there are players with 100+ ovens who will be playing so the average player doesn't have a chance. On the other hand if this challenge was designed to reward those players who buy lots of gems (and who often buy extra ovens with those gems), then kudos to TL. Those were some of the most disgruntled players in September and I can see that they are actively competing in this challenge. I am glad to see them actively playing again and I am supporting them.

Thanks for trying to breath new life into a game that has been full of discontent since last January with those food price reductions, followed by the doubling of all prices and readjusting of highest levels. Hopefully TL has found the balance they need in the "economy" of the game and can leave it alone for a while.

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast