Page 22 of 130 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery: Increase in Prices

New Resident
    Was wondering what was going on. Thought it may be a bug with my game. I was saving up for the 1m expansion. I finally got the 1m and I went to buy it. I couldn't because it is now 2m. That's just really messed up. At least give a warning, maybe players would have expected the changes to happen. Is this update even posted somewhere officially? I couldn't find anywhere where it says they made the prices higher. I am terribly upset right now that I'm thinking about uninstalling the app.

I'm a new player who had enjoyed the game and made it my goal to save up for each expansion. I lost my motivation to keep at it.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Hey guys, I know some members still would like to post their feedback on the new prices in bakery story, so I am starting a new thread.

Please keep your posts constructive and tell Team Lava why this new change will effect your game.

Please make sure and review and follow the Forum rules when posting, so this thread can stay open for everyone.
    This is my second and last contribution to this discussion.
    I will put my energy on something else, which has nothing to do with TeamLava. There are much better things in life than this game and its developer/business team.

What we see here, on the forum, is just the tip of the iceberg.
    99% of the players of BS are not registered on the forum, or simply do not know it exists. But many are complaining, it's just not seen.
    The fact that some players are responding on this forum and taking the time for this, is reason enough to listen to your players. TeamLava should be happy that they get feedback, because this in important!

I have some suggestions: if TeamLava is not willing to listen to their customers (players), it will backfire on them on the long term. It has happend before to other company's, and i hope TeamLava will learn from this and not make the same mistakes.

To be short: the problem.

-1a- Due to the doubled prices on both recipes and expansions (and decor), and the slow selling rate (earnings stay the same) the bottom line is, that it will take players a year or more to expand. And that's if you bake and dont'n by decorations in the meantime. But then the play fun is gone.

-1b- Easily said: i am forced to buy gems, to expand. Therse is simpy no other way. Players will not play for 1 year just for 1 expansion. Simple as that. TeamLava wants more gem income, that's clear.

Personally i have no problem with buying gems for expansion (in my case 14.000.000 coins or 80 gems), but i will only do this if TeamLava is willing to change some things and really listen to their customers. At the moment i don't feel respected at all as a player. I spent more than EUR 100,00 on gems in BS, and my reward is: unannounced changes and not willing to listen to players wich ask for important changes for over 2 years.You can't ignore feedback forever!

What can TeamLava do to turn this around?

I am (and more players) willing to buy gems for expansion and nice decoration if:

-1- TeamLava starts with announcements of changes, and does not suprise players anymore if the gameplay is changed dramatically like this change
    -2- TeamLava does not silence people on this forum. Some negative threads about cunsumer rights organisations were removed. Removing this means silencing people, ignoring feedback. This will make players even more angry, and it will backfire on TeamLava in the end. Will you end on Television in a Consumer Rights programme, for example like the Smurfs Game that got lots of negative publicity? The developer implemented a confirmation button en removed the traps. Learn from this!
    -3- Add the confirmation button for gems, remove the gem traps. This is blocking me buying gems, and many players will agree.
    Note: I signed up for a strategy game, not for a lottery! I once lost 24 gems in trap, gems that i bought with real money. This is stealing, and i can tell you: here in The Netherlands thats forbidden, TeamLava is already in investigation at Ducth Consumer Rights organisation for that. Why should a put money in a game, with the chance to lose it on something a don't want, like finishing all ovens by accident and losing USD 10,00 of real money?
    -4- Listen to your players. They want to play! They asked for over 2 years for: removing gem traps, a sticky message on the wall in case of vacation, removing old invites from the inviting lists. TeamLava does not respond.

Possible Solutions to solve this:

Find a compromise, find it in the middle. I also understand that TeamLava needs to sell gems, to develop the game.
    a) Increase the prices with 50% instead of 100%, and decrease the number of gems with 50% for expansion, OR lower de gem prices with 50% in the app store. The game balance referred to the gem price is alreay not healty. BS game is in fact quite simple, i can find much more complicated games for less money.
    b Make some changes that are asked for so long: remove gem traps, add the sticky message, do something for the higher (96+) levels and long players.
    c) Start better communication, don't suprise your players with drastic changes without any notice. That's called respect and good communication, and it benifits TeamLava on the long term. There is only to win here, nothing to loose. It's said to see that the current rating in the AppStore is going down day by day for Bakery Story, and it will be until TeamLava is willing to listen to their own customer players.

With the above suggestions (a,b,c) i am willing to spent real money on gems for expansion and/or decoration and i will play on, it used to be a great game!

And for now?

Well, In the meantime i quit my bakery, at level 96. Waiting for some progress and action from TeamLava.
    If things doesn't change, i quit all by TeamLava games, and buy another game from definitely an other developing company.

I will leave it alone now, thanks for reading.
    Casper
    The Netherlands

Rhino Keeper
    Cassper you have some good points and your statement is well said, however I disagree with one thing. I will NEVER use gems (my good money) to expand. Expanding benefits them as much as the player. The space gained will need to be filled and that's when I would and have spent gems. I could almost make a real life baby faster than I will reach my next expansion. That is ridiculous!
    I really believe that Team Lava didn't think this through before making the change. I understand that they need people to buy gems to survive. The gem buyers support the free players. I get that. I hope when they realize they verstepped they will at least put the cost of expansion back to what it was.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pattypopo View Post
    Cassper you have some good points and your statement is well said, however I disagree with one thing. I will NEVER use gems (my good money) to expand. Expanding benefits them as much as the player. The space gained will need to be filled and that's when I would and have spent gems. I could almost make a real life baby faster than I will reach my next expansion. That is ridiculous!
    I really believe that Team Lava didn't think this through before making the change. I understand that they need people to buy gems to survive. The gem buyers support the free players. I get that. I hope when they realize they verstepped they will at least put the cost of expansion back to what it was.
    Overstepped

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by pattypopo View Post
    Thank you for your reply, i understand what you mean, and i am listening to any corrections or better ideas.

I just wanted to state, that as a player, i am willing to buy gems for a affordable price on reasonable conditions.

TeamLava cannot offer the game for free; they still are a company that has to pay their developers. Lots of people want everything for free, that's simply not always possible.

But i agree with you (and this was off course only my own opinion).

I just hope for an solution where both players and the developer can benifit from somehow.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by casperx72 View Post
    Thank you for your reply, i understand what you mean, and i am listening to any corrections or better ideas.

I just wanted to state, that as a player, i am willing to buy gems for a affordable price on reasonable conditions.

TeamLava cannot offer the game for free; they still are a company that has to pay their developers. Lots of people want everything for free, that's simply not always possible.

But i agree with you (and this was off course only my own opinion).

I just hope for an solution where both players and the developer can benifit from somehow.
    I also spent gems on expansion! Buying gems was a "treat" for me! So as a paying customer I am very dissapointed!

New Resident
    This is just crazy! I just finally (after several months of saving) made $6,000,000 to expand...I hit expand and it says $12,000,000 to expand!!! I obviously missed this by just a day or two. I am at level 96 and am considering deleting this and the several other team lava games that I play. I'm sure I am not the only one either! You might want to switch things back team lava before the word gets out and only few will play. 😡

Rhino Keeper
    [QUOTE=purplegem611;394570]I also spent gems on expansion! Buying gems was a "treat" for me! So as a paying customer I am very dissapointed![/QUOT

Oh, now I know why my bakery always seems smaller than other people at my level! Lol! Hope you don't think I ' m dissing you or anyone for using gems to expand. I just prefer to spend gems on gaudy, cute stuff.

Executive Chef
    I'm not going to do the thing that shall not be named but did quit bakery. If they do the same hike in prices in the other games then I'll just quit those as well and sadly move on.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlicorice5 View Post
    I'm not going to do the thing that shall not be named but did quit bakery. If they do the same hike in prices in the other games then I'll just quit those as well and sadly move on.
    Me too. It's just not fun anymore. Too much stress for just a game. I got bigger things to worry about.