Page 108 of 130 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1299

Thread: Bakery: Increase in Prices

Farm Supplier
    Just out curiosity, are there some recipes where there is no profit? Small margin is different from negative returns. There was one in farm story and TL did adjust that one.

The problem for me is that it will take months for revenue to roll in, and in the meantime, you've already paid a very high upfront price to bake. As filochick1982 has pointed out, the cash flow is really out of whack, even if ultimately the recipes make money. And with such low returns and exorbitant prices for decorations, it's just not that much fun. I've still got over 55,000 fortune cookies from last January. I don't know whether, with the new pricing scheme, I'd be on the plus side yet.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by artlomin View Post
    Just out curiosity, are there some recipes where there is no profit? Small margin is different from negative returns. There was one in farm story and TL did adjust that one.
    If you subtract the cost of baking from the sum of the profit you will notice that almost everything you bake will not necessarily lose you money, but you won't make enough money to bake the same thing again. Here's an example:

Sweet Tea
    1,500 (profit) - 1,000 (cost) = 500 (actual profit)

Executive Chef
    No they all make money.

However there are 2 recipes that generate a profit equal to what it costs to bake. Note, it's still a profit so don't get confused.
    So you could still bake these but ultimately you would come back at 0 coins.

Quote Originally Posted by artlomin View Post

The problem for me is that it will take months for revenue to roll in, and in the meantime, you've already paid a very high upfront price to bake. As filochick1982 has pointed out, the cash flow is really out of whack, even if ultimately the recipes make money. And with such low returns and exorbitant prices for decorations, it's just not that much fun. I've still got over 55,000 fortune cookies from last January. I don't know whether, with the new pricing scheme, I'd be on the plus side yet.

Fashion Designer
    Seriously, ever since the prices have doubled I have continued to play not noticing much of a difference in the game... until today! I think I have made a total of 10,000 coins in the last 10 hours! -_-

Rhino Keeper
    I would actually have to say that with the price increases it is costing us money to cook because most recipes do not earn you enough money to bake the same recipe again. I used to cook a variety of things based on timing not pricing, but now I am stuck baking Sugar Cookies and Earl Grey Tea. It's not fun anymore, nor is it fair. Bakery Story was meant to be played with the original prices, so how was any math done if all of the dishes were doubled in price? Doubling seemed like a careless and easy way to make the game more challenging (or should I say impossible), but that doesn't mean it's still enjoyable to play!

Executive Chef
    Why are you only baking these two recipes? There are 42 recipes you can choose from that generate more profit than what it costs to bake.

Quote Originally Posted by ladygaga1978 View Post
    I would actually have to say that with the price increases it is costing us money to cook because most recipes do not earn you enough money to bake the same recipe again. I used to cook a variety of things based on timing not pricing, but now I am stuck baking Sugar Cookies and Earl Grey Tea. It's not fun anymore, nor is it fair. Bakery Story was meant to be played with the original prices, so how was any math done if all of the dishes were doubled in price? Doubling seemed like a careless and easy way to make the game more challenging (or should I say impossible), but that doesn't mean it's still enjoyable to play!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ladygaga1978 View Post
    I agree. It's getting really boring!

Farm Supplier
    Since your revenue gives you the cost plus a profit, you do have enough to plow back into the business. It's not a great margin, but it's still a growing business. There are businesses that survive on margins much smaller than that. Of course, you'd also have to factor in the cost of the appliance that you're cooking on. Not a factor for the main machines, but definitely a factor for the one, two or three recipe appliances. A cocoamaker is 60,000 but makes only one recipe. I'd be curious whether this one earns a profit when you include the cost of the machine. I've never really figured out how many of each recipe you end up cooking.

Banned
    Here we go again.

It's all about cash flow.

Until you can actually SELL the dish, you don't see the return for the money you have put into baking it.

How about going back about 50 pages, we have been over this a couple of times.

Farm Supplier
    Can I get a list of those 42 recipes lol!