Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TL Is there any limit on requests accepted

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDede View Post
    Of course I did, and post 5 never addressed the original question. But you know that, because you were the first to address the original question, and agree that it seems unlimited. And bobbyrae agreed with you for her/his next 5 words, and then spun off topic again.
    So what is it you're trying to provoke with the "Nope" comment?
    I'm provoking nothing at all.

Rhino Keeper
    So, pinkster, since you understood my question, here's what I see playing out in the game with the red pillow part. I requested that part of 36 neighbors as soon as the Chin showed up in pets yesterday. By 11 this morning I had 7. I again sent the requests to 36 and 1 more showed up.

I don't think I have the wrong neighbors (as someone suggested). I assume my neighbors have the wrong perception of what accepting requests costs them. If Accepted requests is actually unlimited, then there is no cost to accepting any request. The weight of whether the person requesting the part receives it or not falls on the requester, based on how many they are still able to receive (based on an assumed limit of 20 per day).

That was the point of the question, the perception of the cost by the players, and a definitive yes or no by TL on: Is accepting requests unlimited, and a zero cost to the player accepting requests.

Grand Emperor
    If you're waiting for TL to answer the definitively confirm whether receiving requests is unlimited, you may have to wait awhile. I believe it is. I have requested parts or permits from approximately 40 neighbors, and received more then 20 in one day. I believe on my last expansion I received 36 permits in one 24 hour period.

I don't think you have the "wrong" neighbors. It's possible that many of them only log into their games once a day to accept neighbors requests.

As for the perception that accepting a parts requests costs them something, I believe the majority of players know that it costs nothing, but a smaller fraction believe it does cost them. I'm not really sure what could be done about that.

Senior Moderator
    I did hear back - there is no limit to how many requests you can fill for others each day. Realistically, you could fill a request for each neighbor each day.
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks, greygull. Did they say if you could receive unlimited also, one from each neighbor?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    If you're waiting for TL to answer the definitively confirm whether receiving requests is unlimited, you may have to wait awhile. I believe it is. I have requested parts or permits from approximately 40 neighbors, and received more then 20 in one day. I believe on my last expansion I received 36 permits in one 24 hour period.

I don't think you have the "wrong" neighbors. It's possible that many of them only log into their games once a day to accept neighbors requests.

As for the perception that accepting a parts requests costs them something, I believe the majority of players know that it costs nothing, but a smaller fraction believe it does cost them. I'm not really sure what could be done about that.
    Nothing there I can quarrel with. I can tell you that I've had to send permit requests 3 days in a row while having neighbor numbers in the high 50s to low 60s. All I could come up with for people to hit that decline button, was that they perceived that it could cost them something (affect their game). You only change perceptions by exposing misconceptions. That was the reason for asking TL their half first. If I'm wrong, so be it. The answers other than yours, don't necessarily make me lean in that direction though. Thanks, pinkster.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDede View Post
    Thanks, greygull. Did they say if you could receive unlimited also, one from each neighbor?
    You can only receive 20 per day. I know if you ask too many more people then that each day, it can get "back logged", and then it takes longer for them to receive the requests. I know it's not ideal, but skip requesting for a day or two, let everything get pushed through to everyone. After that, only request 20 (or less) per day.
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by greygull View Post
    You can only receive 20 per day. I know if you ask too many more people then that each day, it can get "back logged", and then it takes longer for them to receive the requests. I know it's not ideal, but skip requesting for a day or two, let everything get pushed through to everyone. After that, only request 20 (or less) per day.
    You're talking about requests for stuff like permits?

Grand Emperor
    If you want an answer from TL, you should ask a mod to move this to the Feedback and Bugs forum. TL recently posted that's where it should be if you want feedback.

In Discussions, you have a very very low chance of getting feedback from TL.
    In Feedback and Bugs, the chances aren't much better, but its worth a shot.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    If you want an answer from TL, you should ask a mod to move this to the Feedback and Bugs forum. TL recently posted that's where it should be if you want feedback.

In Discussions, you have a very very low chance of getting feedback from TL.
    In Feedback and Bugs, the chances aren't much better, but its worth a shot.
    Correct. If you want answers from people who actually play the games though, then here is good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast