Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drawing with GIMP

Executive Chef

Drawing with GIMP

A lot of people are asking me to do up a tutorial on how to draw.

GIMP is a free program to use and it isn't my normal way of drawing, but thought I would show the basics in GIMP so that you can use GIMP or apply the steps to a program you do have .

GIMP: GIMP dl

My Gimp Tutorial - Complete

My Gimp Video Tutorials - In Progress ( May need to access PC to view as I believe it's in a Flash format. The program to capture the screen only allowed me to save in the flash format, sorry)

I know some people have difficulties with Flash, so I did a different doll with a different capturing program, because I, myself wasn't liking the flash format. So here's my YouTube profile so you can view the tutorials as I go
    Sehana @YouTube

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drawing on Gimp!!! - YouTube (oops didn't realize this was in Fast-Forward, but it's fun to watch and see how shading is applied)

Drawing with the GIMP part 1 of 3 - YouTube (this one is kinda fast too )

how to use gimp [how to draw lines, and color it] part 2 - YouTube (This one is ok, but it's hard to tell what ppl are clicking on)

GIMP IMVU How To Draw Hair - I think I will try this method for hair, looks fairly simple.

Gimp Tutorial - Drawing with paths tool
    Last edited by sehana; 01-26-13 at 05:18 PM.
    PM/ Profile |Gamerologizm Fan Link in Forum (previously known as Supreme Dynasty) | Transfer Method
    Dragon Egg Chart Mostly updated (I've given up on Dragon because most Dragons are unobtainable for me; but still update when I can when I'm not scrambling with RS & BS to complete their goals.)
    Restaurant & Bakery Completely Updated!
    IDs: Sehana (main)

Executive Chef
    My Gimp Tutorial - Complete!
    Last edited by sehana; 04-09-12 at 12:08 PM.
    PM/ Profile |Gamerologizm Fan Link in Forum (previously known as Supreme Dynasty) | Transfer Method
    Dragon Egg Chart Mostly updated (I've given up on Dragon because most Dragons are unobtainable for me; but still update when I can when I'm not scrambling with RS & BS to complete their goals.)

Executive Chef
    My Gimp Tutorial - Complete!
    Last edited by sehana; 04-09-12 at 12:08 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks Sehana. After watching your tutorial and those YouTube ones, I can now handle paths quite well. But I still fail to draw shades with burn/dodge... also it really take times to recipe those short-cut keys... Anyway, my drawing s**** really got a bit improved!

Executive Chef
    LOL, I am still trying to get used to the shortcut keys, because I am so used to PSP's shortcut keys .

I'm glad you found it to be useful and can't wait to see what you have

Executive Chef
    Some of you have asked for drawing videos from me, well here are a few starter ones

My Gimp Video Tutorials - In Progress ( May need to access PC to view as I believe it's in a Flash format. The program to capture the screen only allowed me to save in the flash format, sorry)

Executive Chef
    I know some people have difficulties with Flash, so I did a different doll with a different capturing program, because I, myself wasn't liking the flash format. So here's my YouTube profile so you can view the tutorials as I go
    Sehana @YouTube

does this has to be on computer? how can i do this on ipad? is there any template for dragon? thank you

Executive Chef
    GIMP is on a PC or Mac. For iPad, I think most people use sketchbook express.
    There is no template for a dragon that I know of. Unless you can find one in Google images somewhere

i just subscribed your channel you are amazing! Thanks for the id for dolls. I appreciate it. Your work is very creative! I will try my best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast