Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Sorry, but really poor taste!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    It isn't their fault that they're there, but at the same time it's always better to encourage people to rescue animals instead of buying them. I've always been resistant to the idea of paying for a pet when there are so many lovely animals at shelters.

At the same time, it's better for someone to buy a pet and take care of it than to take a shelter animal who has been abused and who has a hard time adjusting to its new home and then have that person abuse or abandon the animal.

It's all such a conundrum as to what is best.

And yes, i fully support the spay and neuter programme. It works in keeping the stray animal population down in my community and thus the number of animals poisoned by ruthless persons.
    I agree over rescuing as many as possible, but those poor animals in the shop get left out and aren't treated nearly as well as the ones that are in the shelters (at least from what I've read). So I do feel bad for them as well. The 2 cats I have I got from a shelter and the youngest was only a baby at 8 weeks, but the older one was over 2 years old and had been a stray before the shelter got her and she'd been at the shelter for almost 7 months. It took her 5 - 6 months to acclimate and the thing that got through to her, was when we put them both in the kennel at our vets to go away on a 5 day vacation to NYC over xmas. When we came back she was like a WHOLE different cat. I guess being in the kennel was too much like being in the shelter and her whole attitude changed. LOL

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    ...the thing that got through to her, was when we put them both in the kennel at our vets to go away on a 5 day vacation to NYC over xmas. When we came back she was like a WHOLE different cat. I guess being in the kennel was too much like being in the shelter and her whole attitude changed. LOL
    lol...The other cat probably said, "See?! Now look where you and your attitude has gotten both of us! You better just start praying and hoping that she changes her mind and comes back for us...eeedjit!"
    Last edited by ButterPanda; 03-15-12 at 04:05 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dillydiner View Post
    The worst thing about this game is when animals get sick and if you don't spend gems to heal them you have to abandon them....ugh! Awful! I uninstalled immediately after that....shame on you Teamlava...it is one thing for food to spoil but another to hold an animal hostage!!!!
    Ummm the animals aren't real!

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlicorice2 View Post
    Ummm the animals aren't real!
    What?! Omg my whole game is ruined now

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    What?! Omg my whole game is ruined now
    Lol I know. I was devastated when I found out

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456