View Poll Results: Do you think that the gem prices in pet shop story are to high?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

190 97.94%
  • Disagree

1 0.52%
  • Nither agree or disagree

3 1.55%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gem prices

Grand Emperor
    I really don't like when people are hating on people who spend a lot. It's just so fundamentally wrong.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kirbydee3713 View Post
    The truth is that the prices are high, but who you need to be upset with isn't TL. You really need to be upset with the people who do buy these pets. Not only did their actions justify the prices, but now TL would face some major backlash from people who spent the hundreds of dollars if the prices were lowered.
    I cherish the people who spend a lot of money on these games. Because of that, I do not support lowering the prices for items that have been in the store for a long time at their current prices.

However, I do think the prices are too high. This game has limited playability for various reasons including the high prices, and I'll probably abandon my store eventually.
    Last edited by MiniLaura; 02-27-12 at 12:47 PM.

Fashion Designer
    I also think the price is too high. However, since some tasks to get other pets require the purchase and breeding of the border collies at 149 coins times 4, I think something should be done to bring that price down. Very few people will have spent to create the border collie family and if they do bring the price down, I think they should get some type of rebate. Maybe a credit for purchase of addl gems or other team lava game cash credits. Thus the rest of us could build that family. Or at least a way to spend some gems to get "credit" for the border collie family without actually buying and breeding the whole family... Thus, for a certain number of gems and completing the other two families, we can get the tree frog which means we can cross breed to get the bull frog which means we can complete the other goal and get the iguana.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by shelley1611 View Post
    I'm very sorry but I completely disagree with your comment! Gems are needed to buy pets that are often required to complete goals or collections.

Without buying these pets and the gems needed for them, you cannot obtain half of the pets required and so you are actually only playing half a game! If I can use farm story as an example, you can use gems to buy tools to make your life easier. However if you don't buy the gems you can still play the game.

And to be honest, I didn't start this post because I'm against gem pets! The whole reason this post is here is because the price of some gem pets is nothing but extortionate!

I have bought gems and gem pets but there is no way I am spending ?17 to buy a border collie! Assuming it cost the same for a mate and to breed twice, that's ?68!

Can you honestly tell me that isn't a ridiculous amount of money?
    Just to correct this example, there is not one single tool to buy in farm to make anything easier. I don't know how you came up with this.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Just to correct this example, there is not one single tool to buy in farm to make anything easier. I don't know how you came up with this.
    Maybe shelley meant fertilizer? But fertilizer isn't really a tool that makes life easier...so...hmmmm...

O.K. I'm gone back in my corner now...

Wow! Just to correct me! That's quite sad really! I only play pet shop now because I find the TL games to be rather similar. I must be getting confused with farm town!

Still, just to correct this post, I shall repeat what I have said that this post isn't against gem pets! It's against the ridiculously high prices for some gem pets!

Grand Emperor
    You can make your point about the high cost of gem animals (which by the way I agree with) without being rude.

You can make your point about the high cost of gem animals (which by the way I agree with) without being rude.
    Hi Pot. Have you met my friend, Kettle?

I'm not hating on anybody for spending money. How can I hate on people I don't even know? It's simple economics. Granted, I think in the long run they'd have a bigger buying base if items were cheaper but oh well. It's obviously working for them.

Grand Emperor
    Wow. Just wow. Whatever.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by cbdago View Post
    Regarding the border collie.... 149 gems is a bit extreme... it would be one thing if a pet you purchased with gems would earn you gems, but that is not the case. I feel for those who have already spent the money for the border collie, they should be given a credit of gems for them to use on future pets for more breeding/cross breeding. For those of us who have not purchased the border collie, i feel a decrease in price for the border collie is just. If you feel you need to offer such an elite pet for the game, make it an expensive coin pet.... at least then you could choose to save the coins for such an extravagant pet. I hope to see the price reduced as i have already spent $80 in game and plan on continuing to grow my store as i do enjoy the game, but 596 gems for one family is a bit of an outrage! p.s. Thank you for the gem sale!
    Honestly I personally think the Saint Bernard should have been the 149 gem pet
    Saint Bernards are like potato chips, you cant have just one.
    Got Drool?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast