Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Drop in prices :(

I'll check back in a week...no change, I'm out. It's just silly and not worth my time or real money anymore. Hope you listen TL....

Rhino Keeper
    Why dumb down the game and take the fun out of it? It seems better suited for the under 14 age group now.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by enaid03 View Post
    Why dumb down the game and take the fun out of it? It seems better suited for the under 14 age group now.
    No. The gems traps make it an adult game. TL is not going to give up on those.

Farm Supplier
    TL did this in hopes of people NOT being able to keep food on their counters. They want everyone spending gems to speed up cook time and purchase additional ovens. Their gems sales are down right now, and they are making every effort to bring them back up, even at the risk of loosing customers. I personally think this was stupid of them. I play on android as well as iOS and it's a disadvantage to me on both. I'm level 70 on one and 30 on the other. I have plenty of food on level 70 simply because I had lots before the change was made, but I CANNOT keep my counters full on level 30. Every single thing I order is gone in minutes but I'm also not making hardly any money. Why anyone would enjoy less quantity is beyond me. As is why anyone complains about having over 2 million in food on their counters. Boo hoo! I wish I had that much!! All they've done is put it in TL's head that they can make this change and everyone will love it. If your upset with the amount of food you have, stop ordering for a bit, let it sell. Just an idea. The new quantities are a waste of everyone's time. Why bother making a drink that takes an hour if your only getting 70 of them? They'll be gone in 5 minutes. Bottom line is this, an order that makes 70 drinks in 1 hour at the new 4$ price will make you $280 bucks. The old quantity of 300 drinks in 1 hour, that was at the same $4 price, made you $1200 dollars. Do the math people, we got screwed. And what does earning less coins mean for TL? Low and behold, their ultimate goal, MORE GEM PURCHASES!!! They do not care about keeping their loyal customers happy, so long as their making money. Due to this, all the bugs we're experiencing lately and the fact that they still offer more benefits to iOS users than they do to android users, I personally, am at my wits end with TL. I have closed my bakery, restaurant as well as fashion, and do not intend to return for some time. I'll still be checking in with my NBR'S everyday, seeing as how this isn't their fault, but I'll no longer order or purchase anything. Way to go TL, the only thing your earning is angry customers.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    No. The gems traps make it an adult game. TL is not going to give up on those.
    Not necessarily. I put down my ipod yesterday after redesigning my bakery and didn't close out the game, only to have my 4 year old pick it up to play angry birds. In the mere seconds I saw him reach for it, I went to grab it, he had purchased two of those 24 gem boxes innocently trying to get out of the bakery screen to get to angry birds. Needless to say, I'm now the proud owner of two pieces of the ugliest junk.

I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to.

Fashion Designer
    The problem i have/had with too much food on my counters is the fact i have to keep on buying new counters. A few weeks ago i had to buy a new counter for 5000 coins every few days and was losing money over that period. I think i am actually starting to gain money now since the change. I was stuck on 2.5-2.7 million coins for weeks, but now i've jumped up to 3.3million

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by jtm101 View Post
    The problem i have/had with too much food on my counters is the fact i have to keep on buying new counters. A few weeks ago i had to buy a new counter for 5000 coins every few days and was losing money over that period. I think i am actually starting to gain money now since the change. I was stuck on 2.5-2.7 million coins for weeks, but now i've jumped up to 3.3million
    I still think TL could have just upped the amount of customers coming into our shops instead of lowering our quantity. I also had tons of food but I never wanted less quantity. I still have over 140,000 Chocolate Cherry Trifle but with the lower quantity I'm stocking up on the longer cooking time items now so when those are gone I won't run out of food. No matter what I do I can't keep my counters stocked in Restaurant any longer and I'm trying to avoid that now with Bakery.

Fashion Designer
    Did i miss something here?? Whats the deal with the dropped prices. Why did they do it? I've been looking around on the forums to find any info but cant seem to find anything...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by robynznest View Post
    The less coins we make, the more time-consuming it is to get things we want.
    The more time-consuming it is to get things we want, the more we'll be tempted to buy gems.

This is their thinking. I consider myself to always approach any company with a healthy dose of cynicism and skepticism, and I never had any delusions that TL was about making money. Duh. They're a company; that's sort of the point. But I'd be SOOOOO much more willing to spend real-life money buying gems if I trusted them and thought they wanted to please customers. Now I see them as an all too common fly-by-night app developer. I almost bought gems a few times when they were on sale. I made myself wait, promising myself that I'd buy a gem package at a later time as a "reward" for leveling up in the game.

So, in a way, I'd like to thank Team Lava, for giving me back time I wasted making fake food for fake people in a fake bakery, and for saving me the *real* money I would have spent had you not completely soured my experience. It doesn't even matter if they change things back at this point - they've shown that they'll pretty much try whatever they can to screw people over, and they'll just reverse it if it pisses too many people off. Unfortunately these are not one-time mistakes, but growing mountains of evidence that this is just a really sleazy company.
    Well said!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by savage_mel View Post
    Did i miss something here?? Whats the deal with the dropped prices. Why did they do it? I've been looking around on the forums to find any info but cant seem to find anything...
    This is the reason we were given by TL, found on page 8 of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    These changes were made to improve the balance of the game, particularly so for new players, and should improve the overall life-cycle for the game. Recipes should also cost less to purchase now, which should help when stocking up on recipes.

However, I understand that many of you are upset with these changes, which I'll relay to our design team.