Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Drop in prices :(

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dwe815 View Post
    The developers seem to have a much different vision for what kind of game this is than the majority of their user base. There was a limited strategy aspect involved with the five dishes that grossed more than four coins per serving, but now the primary focus of the game seems to be its social and design components.

This may lead to more of the kind of players they want in the long run (those who are willing to spend real money for virtual goods they do not own, which can be removed or effectively stolen through gem traps without any recourse for the user), but it's hard to see the appeal now.

I started this game several months ago and have been surprised at how well it has kept my interest. Maybe this would be a good time for another company to make a similar game; if it required strategy and had an acceptable level of respect for and accountability to its customers, I would have no problem with spending a little money on it.
    I agree with everything you said and think you expressed it uncommonly well. Kudos.

Personally, I like the design component, which is one reason this change bugs me. After many months of work building up my bakery, I had finally purchased the last expansion and was ready to start buying the different wallpapers, floor tiles, and tables so that I could play around with the decor. Now, I don't know if I'll have enough money to buy what I want of the seasonal items before they disappear forever, and after all the weeks and weeks of waiting to earn enough for those last expansions, I don't want to go back to waiting weeks and weeks more before I can afford to buy a new color of floor tile.

And although I personally enjoy the design aspect of the game, I find the social aspect to be increasingly frustrating. Tipping became so tedious and time-consuming that I quit doing it at all. And trying to pry the parts I need to build my next constructible - even from well over 100 neighbors - is another tedious, time-consuming exercise in frustration.

I gave up on TeamLava ever removing the gem traps from their games quite some time ago, and I had resolved to just enjoy what I could of the game with the gems that I could earn through gameplay, but I can't cope with having the most basic rules of the game turned upside down like this after months and months of gameplay. The fact that it was done with no warning makes it even worse.

Rhino Keeper
    What. WHAT. When did this happen? D:< The whole point of 1day items was cause they made money faster. This takes all the strategy out of the game, it's no longer fun for me.

Host(ess)
    Just a few days ago.

Farm Supplier
    This makes me so mad I love having a surplus of goods on my counters but now all of the money I spent on those items I'll be lucky to break even on those with the price change. Thankfully I'm level 75 and I have a lot of money and nothing to spend it on so it doesn't matter. It still really bothers me though.

Rhino Keeper
    This is completely stupid, there is no strategy whatsoever ever in this game now and you really only need to keep like one food out now because they are all worth the same, aside from mastering the food. I really don't understand what teamlava is thinking. Now a one minute brownie is practically worth more than a day of lovely red velvet.

Rhino Keeper
    i remember when nightclub story first came out they sell each drinks for 2 and it's ****ing me to pile them and collect money but they changed it after for different prices and higher.
    NOW WHAT WOULD THEY APPLY THAT FAILED PRICING ON THEIR POPULAR GAMES??? DOESN'T MAKE SENSE

Farm Supplier
    Its disappointing that now the 1 day food on Bakery only gives 4 coins per serving. I miss the old pay-out...

The design team make the simply mistake in logic.

Of course you consider the material cost and the gross profit.

Then how about the procession cost? It remain the same!

This is totally disaster for any business. The productivity reduce, the overhead keep the same. This means dramatically drop of business net profit.

If you change the cost and keep the gross margin, you must change the cooking time at the same rate.

Otherwise it will be an economy crisis in viturul world.

Words like this since I m a CPA ...

In bs and rs all plates are 4 coins, surely I should be earning the same amount in both but I'm earning over double in rs. I counted all the plates I made before the change as I really hope they will compensate us, wishful thinking I know but we can hope!!

Rhino Keeper
    I am level 77 and had a nice stash of (now all but worthless) food stashed on my counters. Even though I have continued to cook at the same rate, this morning I woke up to find most of my counters empty....when I run out of food, I think that's when I quit. I already put in my time cooking zillions of quick turn around dishes and I am not interested in going back to that stage of game play.