Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Drop in prices :(

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    I am an older player (game-wise). I like the change. It means that when I bake something, I'll get less plates, which I have been asking for in some threads. I, like many as evidenced in a thread on how much food people have on their counters, have too much food and I only bake new recipes and then put my appliances in storage. This will allow me to make some of the old dishes I haven't made in a long time, because it would just add to the large amount of food I have.

I think it benefits the older players. I did a quick glance at a few of the changes, and think that it will be tougher for newer players to keep food on their counters.
    Maybe TL could make a sort-of "half-way house" compromise?

Fashion Designer
    Except that line of thought is exceedingly selfish...

High level players can always clear their counters or cook food on less appliances if they want to get smaller amounts of food.

Lower level players CAN'T keep their counters stocked with this change.

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrafrog View Post
    Except that line of thought is exceedingly selfish...

High level players can always clear their counters or cook food on less appliances if they want to get smaller amounts of food.

Lower level players CAN'T keep their counters stocked with this change.
    It's a game; it should be as good for everyone as possible.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
    Basically, the food still sells when you block your door because it's designed to sell so much in a certain period of time.

I don't recommend it as it can make "mass-selling" an issue, where it all suddenly disappears.
    LOL!!!! I can't keep food on my counters in RS as it is, so it seems like I have "mass-selling all the time. hahahahaha

On a more serious note though, I really don't like these changes as it makes it extremely difficult to play the games. I'm so busy trying to make enough food to hopefully keep my counters stocked that I don't have time to tip my neighbors. I don't have that kind of time when I'm playing 5 TL games as it is, but at least with CS and ES I don't have to worry about customers coming in and being "out of stock" like I have to worry about in FS, BS, and RS. I don't want to have to stop playing some of the games, but it looks like the ones with customers will end up taking too much of my time that I'll have to discontinue playing them.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    These changes were made to improve the balance of the game, particularly so for new players, and should improve the overall life-cycle for the game. Recipes should also cost less to purchase now, which should help when stocking up on recipes.

However, I understand that many of you are upset with these changes, which I'll relay to our design team.
    It doesn't have to be an all or nothing solution. As a higher level player, I like having less servings per recipe. I have too much food on my counters and this will allow me to be able to make more than just the newly released recipes.

But to accommodate for going to 4 coins/plate, it did decrease the yield for the lower level recipes. From when I first started, keeping food on the counters was a problem, and it has made it worse for newer players.

Another thing, can you ask them to look at the food gifts for both bakery and restaurant. The one minute entry level brownies that went from 1 coin to 4 coins per serving are now worth more than the cappuccino, which went from 10 coins to 4 coins.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    I am an older player (game-wise). I like the change. It means that when I bake something, I'll get less plates, which I have been asking for in some threads. I, like many as evidenced in a thread on how much food people have on their counters, have too much food and I only bake new recipes and then put my appliances in storage. This will allow me to make some of the old dishes I haven't made in a long time, because it would just add to the large amount of food I have.

I think it benefits the older players. I did a quick glance at a few of the changes, and think that it will be tougher for newer players to keep food on their counters.
    As a player that had an excessive amount of food in BS, I disagree with wanting a lower portion per baking requirement. I wanted more customers, not less food cooked or the amount per plate to decrease. Just saying. :-p

Farm Supplier
    Ive been played this game since Nov 2011, and this is the worst decision made by team lava so far. Im speechless.

Executive Chef
    I don't like it. I'm a high level in Bakery and my counters are empty for the first time in a long time and can't keep them stocked. I hope they change it back.

Let me start by saying that I'm cheap. I hate things that cost extra money especially in this economy. However, I loved the game and have spent some cash on gems to expand or buy more ovens. I really love the Asian motif so much I dropped $100 for gems. No REAL cafe trips for me this month to play a game that was fun. I like the strategy and friendships formed. But this change is so absurd. My lower level friends are in tough straights with this change. And I have no reason to make a 42 hour recipe that yields the same as a 1 hour recipe. This is not a good move by TL if they want to keep people who buy gems playing.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by heronbreak View Post
    Let me start by saying that I'm cheap. I hate things that cost extra money especially in this economy. However, I loved the game and have spent some cash on gems to expand or buy more ovens. I really love the Asian motif so much I dropped $100 for gems. No REAL cafe trips for me this month to play a game that was fun. I like the strategy and friendships formed. But this change is so absurd. My lower level friends are in tough straights with this change. And I have no reason to make a 42 hour recipe that yields the same as a 1 hour recipe. This is not a good move by TL if they want to keep people who buy gems playing.
    Many players can't make a 24 or 48 hour recipe because they can't keep their counters stocked up enough to allow that kind of long-term recipe to bake/cook. When you add in that the incentive of higher profit gained + having fuller counters, while not spending your whole day playing the game to achieve that is taken away, it makes it almost impossible to play.

There is no way I can make a 1 hour recipe in RS without having empty counters, so anything longer than that is impossible. I'm lucky right now in that game that I don't have to decline food gifts for necessary parts, as every time I log into the game my counters are empty and without those gifts, I would have all unhappy customers.

If I hadn't been so stocked up in BS before this change, I wouldn't be able to play it and any other TL games at the same time. I'm starting to have issues with having time to tip/clean/like in the 5 TL games I play and keep my places stocked, so I think at least 1 of the "customer" games will have to go as I just don't have time to manage the "visiting neighbors" and "keeping stock for customers" while having a life.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast