Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 149 Gems for a border collie! What if we can't afford to buy gems

Thumbs down 149 Gems for a border collie! What if we can't afford to buy gems

It must be daylight robbery for one to pay 149 gems to get a border collie. What's worse is that the collie leads you to getting a Tree Frog! So, how does one go about not paying that atrocious amount so that we can get that dog? Anyone has any ideas?

Fashion Designer
    Just don't buy it. The prices they've set for stuff in this game is totally insane. I guess they are hoping since it's a new game (along with zoo) then everyone will be so excited that they will just buy without thinking too much about how much it actually costs. So what they are really hoping for is that everyone who plays is just plain stupid. I agree it's frustrating to not be able to access everything in the game but they want you to get frustrated so you'll give in and spend the cash. Mine is staying in my pocket.

Executive Chef
    You could win a contest.

Executive Chef
    And whoever buys it will probably buy at least 2. That's 298 gems.

Executive Chef
    WOAH! I dont play pet shop, since im busy with the other games but 149 gems for a border collie? WOW! So thats 50 dollars already? Thats just a waste of money. If u spend ur money like that then u might as well buy a new car.

Executive Chef
    I agree it's insane. I'll never buy gems for Pet or Zoo 2.

Executive Chef
    did anyone actually buy a border collie? I am just curious. Or even completed a family of them??!

Executive Chef
    Who says you HAVE to get it?

If you can't afford gems.... don't buy them. Nobody is forcing you to buy gems, are they? These games aren't necessary anyways.

Actually, I've gotten several gem cats and dogs for free because I got 11 gems to start and then earned some with goals. I bought $5 worth and haven't spent any of those because I found out the labradoodle costs gems to crossbreed and I'm waiting to save up and crossbreed the Abysinian and Siamese (I have 25 gems with the 24 I bought).

Oh, and yes - some people have bought the border collie. That's why I've posted before that TL most likely won't reduce the price because they've discovered there are some people who will spend that kind of money.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroom79 View Post
    did anyone actually buy a border collie? I am just curious. Or even completed a family of them??!
    Yes, some people have. I've seen people's shops that have tree frogs and bull frogs. You need a complete family of border collies, bengals, and toygers to unlock the tree frog which you then crossbreed with a bulldog to get the bullfrog.

That's 596 gems for the border collies and 28 gems for the bengals, toygers are crossbred and bred for coins and I don't know what it costs for the crossbreed of a tree frog and bulldog because there's no way I'm going to pay that many gems.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniLaura View Post
    You could win a contest.
    Yes, that is the way - but you'll have to win a lot of contests to get the whole family.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast