Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neighbor list no longer alphabetical??

Fashion Designer

Neighbor list no longer alphabetical??

My Neighbors list is out of whack! It's like it split the list or something. Everyone is still there, but not where they should be. Each of the 2 lists are in alphabetical order, but not together, if that makes any sense at all. Hopefully, the following pictures wills help explain.

VERY TOP OF MY LIST AND START OF 1ST SEPARATED LIST

NEXT 3 ARE HALFWAY DOWN MY LIST (where the 1st half ends and 2nd list starts)

END OF 2ND SEPARATED LIST AND VERY BOTTOM OF ENTIRE LIST
    Farm Story 2.0.2
    Device: iPhone 4 (soon to be 5S!)
    iOS: 7.0.2 (11A501)

Grand Emperor
    They've changed the neighbor list so when you water someone they go to the bottom of the list and so on. So no more scrolling when you water everyone

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    They've changed the neighbor list so when you water someone they go to the bottom of the list and so on. So no more scrolling when you water everyone
    Yeah, just figured that out. I see a flaw already, though. If you visit a neighbor but can't water, they still go to the bottom of the list. So, it's technically not helpful in determining who you have and have not watered...only who you've visited. A number or check mark out to the side indicating how much or if they were watered would be ideal. Granted, it is helpful for those that have the time to go through their entire neighbor list daily.

The only nbrs I visit daily are the ones that regularly visit me, which is only about 50%. Everyone else gets watered about once a week, unless they happen to visit me out of the blue. I will say that it is helpful seeing exactly who does NOT visit. 
    Last edited by DoubleZ; 12-29-11 at 11:03 PM.
    Farm Story 2.0.2

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleZ View Post
    Yeah, just figured that out. I see a flaw already, though. If you visit a neighbor but can't water, they still go to the bottom of the list. So, it's technically not helpful in determining who you have and have not watered...only who you've visited. A number or check mark out to the side indicating how much or if they were watered would be ideal. Granted, it is helpful for those that have the time to go through their entire neighbor list daily.
    I agree but I still love the new system. It would definetly be nice though if they could add a feature to see who u were able to water and who u couldn't. Overall though it's still a big improvement from having to scroll constantly :-)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleZ View Post

The only nbrs I visit daily are the ones that regularly visit me, which is only about 50%. Everyone else gets watered about once a week, unless they happen to visit me out of the blue. I will say that it is helpful seeing exactly who does NOT visit. 
    I just though of something. How is the neighbors being not tipped and going to the bottom any different from them being not tipped and staying in alphabetical order? It seems to me that you still had to keep track of who you visited but couldn't tip, didn't you? So this isn't a flaw in the new system, it was always a flaw.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes4cece View Post
    I just though of something. How is the neighbors being not tipped and going to the bottom any different from them being not tipped and staying in alphabetical order? It seems to me that you still had to keep track of who you visited but couldn't tip, didn't you? So this isn't a flaw in the new system, it was always a flaw.
    I leave my non-tipable neighbors a note telling them to let me know when they replant/harvest. It is too hard to remember and/or make rounds numerous times.

Rhino Keeper
    I don't even let them know they're full. If they're full, they're full... I don't have the time to bother keeping track.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes4cece View Post
    I don't even let them know they're full. If they're full, they're full... I don't have the time to bother keeping track.
    I don't leave a note, just "ntw lmk" is all.

Rhino Keeper
    Yeah I always just leave a note on their wall if they are full (I leave notes when I water also) and then hopefully they will let me know when they have replanted. If I notice a note on my wall to tell me they have replanted, I go back and water / tip etc.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by GarBear56 View Post
    I leave my non-tipable neighbors a note telling them to let me know when they replant/harvest. It is too hard to remember and/or make rounds numerous times.
    I don't let them know even when they ask unless I happen to be replanting at the same time I'm watering. With these longer term crops, I watered much more often than I replant and am not going to try and keep track of who wants to be notified. I most especially do not notify those that rarely visit, even if I do happen to be replanting at the time. I'll thank them for their visit and water them, but it's up to them to decide to visit.
    Farm Story 2.0.2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast