Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: New Updates, and Collectibles!

Executive Chef
    Pinkster, we are constantly developing for both Android and iOS. Hence, that's why many of our games on Android have seen drastic changes in recent months. Android may not have Badges yet (which, by the way, neither does everyone on iOS), and Android does not have Collectibles, but they are being worked on as I type.

The Android versions of the App (which are the versions I play, by the way; as I constantly stress, I am a proud Android user) continue to get all of the weekly content updates, crops/recipes, etc. The vast, vast majority of the game is identical to iOS. This doesn't happen magically, either; there is not (to my knowledge) the magic Port to Android button that automatically converts all Android code to iOS, and also makes sure every bit of content is compatible with the some-odd 600+ devices we support on Android (exponentially greater than iOS). And remember: it's not like we gain anything from holding off Android updates. We're trying to bring these features to Android as fast as we can.

So... patience.

Farm Supplier
    I understand the complications of launching new features on 2 different devices however it would be nice if TL would alternate, as in one time Android, one time Iphone/Ipad. I think that would make the Android players feel better. Or if possible let us know how much longer we are going to have to wait might even help even if it is only a estimate. We all love our games and are excited by the prospect of new features being added.

Executive Chef
    I'd like to provide a better estimate than "soon", but truthfully, our development calendar is very liquid. I wouldn't want to make a claim that could change later.

Sweet! GM, you are the best ever! Thank you so much!

Farm Supplier
    Or just push the Halloween updates to us Android players to make up to us

Farm Supplier
    I appreciate your response Magma

Rhino Keeper
    I did the update, we seem to have a complete inventory of gifts: both food and parts are included.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by guiltfree View Post
    I understand the complications of launching new features on 2 different devices however it would be nice if TL would alternate, as in one time Android, one time Iphone/Ipad. I think that would make the Android players feel better. Or if possible let us know how much longer we are going to have to wait might even help even if it is only a estimate. We all love our games and are excited by the prospect of new features being added.
    Exactly. GM why isn't it alternated? Why are Android users ALWAYS last?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    That's not all, either. Like crops or recipes, Collectibles also come with their own levels of Mastery. Complete a Collection enough times, and you'll get bonus XP, Coins... sometimes even Gems!
    Sadly, the mastery isn't working properly. I redeem a few things (bugs life and butterflies) and saw the yellow bar go up. But later, when I went back to redeem some more, I noticed that all the yellow bars were back at zero.

But still! It's a fun new feature!

ETA: I did do the whole force quitting, deleting, re-downloading, restarting business, and my mastery bars are still at zero.
    Last edited by MiniLaura; 09-30-11 at 05:32 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Exactly. GM why isn't it alternated? Why are Android users ALWAYS last?
    It's not done intentionally. Programming for Android is just different (and at times, more time-consuming) than for iOS.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast