Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Some updates about Gifting

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by farmer1600 View Post
    GM: Can you please tell us when the 'last 24 hours' starts and ends? There must be an actual time when your server resets yes? Cause if it's the last 24 hours for each individual player around the world in various time zones...I'de be needing to gift every hour just to make sure every one of my neighbors get 1 gift from me each day - And even then, I prob. couldn't be sure if they did or not - This is incredibly confusing - If you could give a TIME or explanation of what exactly the 'last 24 hours' means; that might help a little in me trying to figure out international time zones of all my neighbors and how I'm going to try to make this work!?!

Thx and hope to hear from you soon
    I agree with Farmer. I used to schedule my gifting so that the maximum number of neighbors would get gifts from me. Now I don't know when to gift.

BEFORE the changes to gifting, As to my own gifts, if I had 20 in my queue, but had accepted none, and a 21st neighbor sent me a gift, the oldest gift on the queue would disappear. Thus, players who were less "quick on the draw" would still be able to gift their neighbors.

The new rules make the game less fun to play. Changing the rules mid-game makes people extremely frustrated.

The ONLY improvement IMO is that when you "say thanks" by gifting back, your neighbor's button is already checked, so you don't have to scroll the list. But this happens even if they are unable to receive gifts.

I'm not going to keep trying all day to send gifts to people. The ramifications of this programming decision are that you are likely only going to be able to gift people who keep the same schedule as you. This defeats the social interaction benefits of the game. I enjoy playing with my new "friends" - tenuous and shallow as some of these "friendships" may be in the virtual world. But with these changes, I may not be able to send gifts to "friends" in Asia and Europe (I am on the West Coast of the U.S.) not to mention those who are on the East Coast.

Fashion Designer
    Ok so as i do understand it right, cuz from no reason i stopped getting pop up window in bakery with free gift, i cant buy it? This makes me extremly angry. Why i should wait for another gift if i want ths ona DARNNNNN!!!!! i cant understand ths, i never gad this problem till today. Ppl i have as nbrs even dunno how gift looks, how u can be flegmatic in this case? It is u who is losing money and later angry players dont u think so?

Fashion Designer
    Not sure, but as I understand it, in the past our RECEIVED gift count was reset at midnight pacific time, not the time you could gift. Midnight also began the tipping frenzy but this update doesn't affect tipping (I think)

If the 20 RECEIVED gift count isn't reset at midnight, this means that gifts will roll in all day, not necessarily within the first two hours after midnight, pacific time. We'll still have the option to gift at midnight, if you wish. That will begin your 24 hour gift giving clock. Just don't count on everyone getting your gifts (as it works out currently), some will be maxed out already, depending upon when their 24 hour receiving clock resets.

And I can only guess that when you reach 20 received gifts, you're 24 hour clock will begin ticking.

I'm guessing, but that's what it sounds like to me.

I think it's good: You guys in CA won't have to stay up till 1am to get your gifts out anymore and people in NY won't get their gifts declined. Its a step toward getting away from CA being the center of the universe. Nice!

Get to sleep at a normal time and gift whenever you want.

As for the bugs, TL's working on making a perfect product for us. Be patient. No ones going to starve to death if they don't get their stew. again, just my guess

Can't wait to see the rest of the stuff as it rolls out!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Superyalda View Post
    Not sure, but as I understand it, in the past our RECEIVED gift count was reset at midnight pacific time, not the time you could gift. Midnight also began the tipping frenzy but this update doesn't affect tipping (I think)

If the 20 RECEIVED gift count isn't reset at midnight, this means that gifts will roll in all day, not necessarily within the first two hours after midnight, pacific time. We'll still have the option to gift at midnight, if you wish. That will begin your 24 hour gift giving clock. Just don't count on everyone getting your gifts (as it works out currently), some will be maxed out already, depending upon when their 24 hour receiving clock resets.

And I can only guess that when you reach 20 received gifts, you're 24 hour clock will begin ticking.

I think it's good: You guys in CA won't have to stay up till 1am to get your gifts out anymore and people in NY won't get their gifts declined. Its a step toward getting away from CA being the center of the universe. Nice!

As for the bugs, TL's working on making a perfect product for us. Be patient. No ones going to starve to death if they don't get their stew. again, just my guess

GM - this is so confusing!!! Could you please explain one more time how gifting is supposed to work now? Also, please confirm the amount of gifts per day that we can receive.

Gifting is still messed up on all my apps

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbux3 View Post
    Gifting is still messed up on all my apps
    Same here...uninstall, reinstall, reset, hard reset, etc. did not help! I am getting bombarded with questions from my neighbors about problems with gifting. It would be great if we can get a straight answer from TL and soon...please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am play two FS, one of the game on my iPod G4 received 20 gifts on 9/22, after sent out gifts on 9/23 EST 8:00 pm, I start receiving gift and accept 20 gifts. then no more gift coming. I believe my gift will coming after I send out gift at 8:00pm tonight. I will make sure I accept 20 gifts before I go to bed.
    I think this is the new gift rule.

However, my other FS on my iPod G2, I accept 15 gifts on 9/22, but decline another 5 gifts (trees and animal) which I got too many in inventory. On 9/23, I can only accept maximum 15 gifts not 20 gifts. I think this is the new policy regarding you can receive certain amount of gift base on the gift amount you received in "last 24 hours".

Now I start guessing and try to familiar with the new gift rule. My question is if I receive less than 20 gifts, is anyway for me to receive maximum 20 gifts again? Or I can only receive 15 gifts daily for the rest of my life? If people traveling or on vacation, no chance to collect gifts one day or few days. They accept 0 gift during past 24 hours. Is that means this type of player won't receive any gift in future? Still very confused.

Why I get gift showed "Null" from City story? Why this happen?

If anyone knows the answer, appreciate to share with me.

I hate it when it tells me to send a gift to a friend, then I try and it says I cant. Then it tells me to send another gift to another friend and I STILL cant! Then I hate it when the notifications to send gifts to friends doesnt disappear

Fashion Designer
    Based on what I'm finding with RS and Bakery, after they did the gift maintenance (which is when everything seems to have changed), at first, if I got sent 10 gifts at 2:30 pm PST and 10 gifts at 3 pm PST, whether I accepted them or not, I couldn't receive any more gifts until 2:30 pm PST the next day. Based on GM's post about that being fixed, if I decline a gift, that won't count against my 20-gift limit and I can still accept up to 20 gifts in that 24-hour time period, starting at 2:30 pm PST. But, if I only accept 1 gift at 2:30 pm and accept 19 at 3 pm, between 3:01 pm (day 1) - 2:29 pm the following day (day 2), I'll have hit the max. Starting at 2:31 pm on Day 2, I can only accept 1 more gift before I hit the max until 3 pm on Day 2. At 3:01 pm on Day 2, I can accept 19 more gifts. So it sounds like the max limit is applied on a 24-hour rolling time period. In any given 24-hour time period, you can only accept 20 gifts.

The only reason I think this is how it works is in Bakery where I accepted more gifts early on yesterday afternoon, I maxed out last night but in RS where I keep declining food gifts and only accept parts, I'm still receiving gifts this morning. Would be nice to get confirmation if this is how it actually works.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Superyalda View Post

Well, CA is the center of the universe, and will always be.

I don't think the received time starts when you gift, because I gift at midnight CA time and stopped getting gifts before or within a few hours of when I gifted, and then would not get gifts until around 2:30 pm, when they reset the gifts before maintenance. I think it might be from when you accepted the first gift after they reset time after maintenance.

Anyway, it is confusing now, compounded by the errors in the new process (deleted gifts counting as a received gift, unlimited gifting, inability to send and/or receive gifts, etc) and needs to be explained. Although GM said yesterday that they test their code, its hard to believe that - at a minimum, the deleted gifts counting as a received gift should have been caught in the early stages of testing.

Hopefully we can get a clear explanation of the new process soon.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast