Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Some updates about Gifting

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by jtm101 View Post
    Is it just me, or is the daily gift limit now 10 (first received too)

Is this a deliberate strategy to reduce server load for TL. Were there too many gifts flying around for the TL servers to handle them adequately?
    Its still 20. I've been selling 20 dog bowls a day since the maintenance, the day starting when the maintenance started.

I also think the update was to reduce server load. If I understand it correctly, once the fix for the deleted gift kicks in, once the you receive 20 unaccepted and accepted gifts you stop receiving gifts and neighbors will get the maxed out message. You will be able to receive more gifts if you delete a gift and any neighbor who hasn't successfully sent you a gift, including those who got a maxed out message earlier, sends you a gift. They only have to have a buffer of 20 gifts per person, since they're not saving the gifts that get knocked off the display by a later message but are still in your buffer.

Executive Chef
    I have ALWAYS had it this way, it's never been reset at midnight - only the tips have.

Fashion Designer
    Im still not getting more than 10 on ipod and ipad. Although old gifts seem to be replaced by new now. Will be a real shame if they dont let us keep gifts from the day before buffer.

I am totally confused on gifting now!!!
    I know that for the last two days I send my gifts all at the same time and it shows I have not sent any. So what is up with that??? I have to send now at different times?? That is crazy!!!! I really so not care about the ones I get I just want to be sure and get to my neighbors!!! Please help!!

Rhino Keeper
    I am confused about something, last night I was able to cook these halloween items on RS, however an hour later when other items were done I went to make more but they were no longer on my cook list??? They are on my gifting list but I can no longer make them? Why did team lave remove the items from the cook list, if they didn't want them on there they shouldn't have put them on the cook list for the stoves, girls, and ovens in the first place. It was like a cruel joke please tell me they only encountered a problem and are putting them back on or are they really not available to cook ever?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    There is no longer a Reset Time for the Gifting system; the new Gifting system tracks the amount of Gifts received in the last 24 hours, as opposed to resetting at a specific time.
    GM: Can you please tell us when the 'last 24 hours' starts and ends? There must be an actual time when your server resets yes? Cause if it's the last 24 hours for each individual player around the world in various time zones...I'de be needing to gift every hour just to make sure every one of my neighbors get 1 gift from me each day - And even then, I prob. couldn't be sure if they did or not - This is incredibly confusing - If you could give a TIME or explanation of what exactly the 'last 24 hours' means; that might help a little in me trying to figure out international time zones of all my neighbors and how I'm going to try to make this work!?!

Thx and hope to hear from you soon

Rhino Keeper

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by wingsofanangel2417 View Post
    I am confused about something, last night I was able to cook these halloween items on RS, however an hour later when other items were done I went to make more but they were no longer on my cook list??? They are on my gifting list but I can no longer make them? Why did team lave remove the items from the cook list, if they didn't want them on there they shouldn't have put them on the cook list for the stoves, girls, and ovens in the first place. It was like a cruel joke please tell me they only encountered a problem and are putting them back on or are they really not available to cook ever?
    I wanted to ask the same thing! I made bat wings, went to make more and they were gone! I want more bat wings please! Seriously though.. Was/am bummed out and now I dont want to open RS and serve them... PLEASE give them back please please please... its not april fools is it? pleeeeeease give em back.... please dont let that be an oops we messed up moment... eeep

Rhino Keeper
    I don't care when the gifting resets & understand why TL may want to stagger things to reduce the load.

I think what is confusing most people including myself is why does the gift button turn on / stay on when we cannot gift? Before, they would not turn on until it was our time to gift; 24 hours after the last time we gifted.

Turned on gift button = we could gift. Easy to understand.
    Also the 'say thanks' button would not show up until it was our time to gift. Also easy to understand.
    Only the neighbors that we could gift were listed in the list to gift.

Now, the gift button doesn't turn off, neighbors we cannot gift are listed, and the Say Thanks shows up for ones we cannot sent gift to. Very confusing! Also, this gives us no way to know WHEN we can gift. So, we waste time trying to gift when we cannot. Frustrating & confusing.

Fix the gift buttons & Say Thanks so they do not come on until we can gift that neighbor.
    Fix the send gift to list so it correctly lists the neighbors we can send gifts to.

Rhino Keeper
    I tried this some minutes ago. If you send a gift to a neighbor and everything is ok then the gift button will become greyed.
    But if can't send anything (because you neighbor has reached max gift number) then the button will stay playable.
    I believe this way we'll have the chance to try more and more times to gift our neighbors during the day. I'm just guessing about this, and I hope this is the right answer.
    IMHO this is the answer: if the button isn't grey then you haven't still gifted your neighbor, no matter how long you did it the last time.
    As a matter of fact everyone of us can receive 20 gifts/24 hrs, and there's no more chance to accumulate gifts day by day (for example if I'm on vacation).
    It would be so nice if TL could give us correct answers, and not only: 'It seems that..'

Farm Supplier
    Well, I think this makes the games 'fairer' as people who attend their games get more out of them... It's pretty smart move/solution by TL in my humble opinion. Still some improvement tweaking to do... But Rome is not built in one day ;-). Keep up the good works :-)

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast