Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Some updates about Gifting

New Resident
    Before the maintenance, I could accept 20 gifts in both Bakery & Restaurant Story!! Now only 10 pending gifts come in every day.

I am playing on ipod G2 v4.2.1

I read the previous articles who play on ipod G2 also got such problems! Is the 10 gift quota only occur on ipod??

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by 3squares View Post
    Is it possible you can only have ten gifts pending and that's why I only saw 10 all day? I left them in queue and didn't accept them. (experiment to see how many I would get in a 24 hour period.). After 24 hours, though, they disappeared.
    This appears to be the case. A message on my wall said I was maxed out. I rejected the gifts in queue, and a few minutes later, I got a new gift. I went and gifted my neighbors (only about half the gifts went through), and then minutes later I got a bunch more gifts. I kept deleting unwanted gifts and more showed up in my queue. At no time was there ever more than TEN in the queue.

BTW, Eyeball Stew and Mummy Pizza was fun for, like, a day. I just want regular food now!

Grand Emperor
    GM,

What is the status on when the gifting issues will be fixed and released?

People have been asking for an explanation of how the new gifting process works. Some of the confusion may be because of the gifting issues, but not all. For example, when does a person's gif receipt time start and end, and how do you know?

New Resident
    I agree totally, this is the exact problem I am having. Thank you for putting it in easy understandable language!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    Guys, we're working on the updates. The reason takes time is due to the time it takes to troubleshoot, write code for, test, and submit new versions of the games. Rest assured it is being taken seriously and is being expedited. Also, as mentioned above, many of the limitations to gifting have been fixed from this point forward.
    I am sorry but should not all of this been taken care of before you changed things to NOT WORKING???

Banned
    I am sorry but as someone who wrote PASCAL FORTRAN COBOL etc in the past, I NEVER launched a program that was not tested. I had to do High Speed train simulations back when I typed into old IBM Punch Cards and the PATCO line in NJ never jumped a track because we had to DE-DO and say OH Well We will say it's a Process , We set every speed for the route, Fastest if an emergency and safest for daily travel. We Tested before and ALOT. Then Released it.

Banned
    If you just want to rush out updates to make people happy, thats your choice. But in the end as with most of TL now IT will bite you in the [snip].
    Last edited by DaojinWildfire; 09-26-11 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoptooit View Post
    If you just want to rush out updates to make people happy, thats your choice. But in the end as with most of TL now IT will bite you in the [EDIT R98]
    Wow, I'm sure they're working on it will get it fixed ASAP!

Fashion Designer
    A state of utter confusion and total denial
    Quote Originally Posted by hoptooit View Post
    I am sorry but as someone who wrote PASCAL FORTRAN COBOL etc in the past, I NEVER launched a program that was not tested. I had to do High Speed train simulations back when I typed into old IBM Punch Cards and the PATCO line in NJ never jumped a track because we had to DE-DO and say OH Well We will say it's a Process , We set every speed for the route, Fastest if an emergency and safest for daily travel. We Tested before and ALOT. Then Released it.
    Unfortunately, nowadays, there are SOOOOOOOOOO many variables and unless you have every single device with every single OS and every single combination thereof, you will run into bugs. The sheer financial burden of providing that sort of QA department is not feasible.

That is why most games that are released now have multiple patches and updates (even for PCs) because of all the variables.
    Correct answers - $3
    Thoughtful answers -
    $2
    Wrong answers -
    $1
    Dumb looks - still free

I am NOT accepting new neighbors, thanks for understanding!

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Phthon View Post
    Unfortunately, nowadays, there are SOOOOOOOOOO many variables and unless you have every single device with every single OS and every single combination thereof, you will run into bugs. The sheer financial burden of providing that sort of QA department is not feasible.

That is why most games that are released now have multiple patches and updates (even for PCs) because of all the variables.
    They may not be able to test on all devices, but they should test on more of a sample than they are now. And there will always be unforseen issues with the network and certain devices. But they have released changes that appear to be independent of the make or model of the device.

For example, it shouldn't have taken a lot of testing to see that if a gift was deleted, that another gift should be able to replace it. And when they released an update to Android last month, they formatted the neighbor list to display in 2 columns but did not change the display to display in 2 columns. That should have been found very early in testing.

I would rather them hold off on a release to test a little more than to release something that is as bad as this release. They held the maintenance up a day because they weren't ready. They maybe should have held off longer.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast