Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Incomplete neighbor list when requesting parts and gifting

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsShrek View Post
    On ipad, there are 2 columns on this screen. It me, it sounds almost like the window is not wide enough to show both columns on the android. Is this how it seems to you? I wonder if you Only selected the first person and complete the gift/request process, if it would then show your 2nd set of neighbors?
    Thank you. This explains what we're seeing. There's only one column on my Android, and apparently TL has implemented the display for one column but incorrectly ported the code for two columns.

I played around with gifting, and if I select a nbr that isn't displayed, or I gift an odd number of neighbors at the top of the list, I'll see the half that I couldn't before. Its like it built a two column list of the remaining neighbors, but I can only see one column.

But for the requests, it looks like it has a fixed two column display and no matter what I do, I can't see the other column.

I wish TL would test their code before releasing to us.

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    At least we know what it is now. Just have to wait for GM...

The Honorable Panda
    Thanks for adding this to the thread. This will help when TL is working on this problem.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

So glad to know I wasn't crazy when I was thinking this. I play on an iOS device and an Android device (soon to get rid of the iOS completely and move to two Android devices), and this has been bugging me since the update. The fact that there is two columns makes perfect sense. I wish they would implement the two columns like iOS has, it is very nice makes gifting much quicker in my experience.

I just wish this was the only issue I had with the update. I need to send in a support message but maybe people can confirm if they see these:
    1. When planting, if you select say fruit and go a couple pages in and plant something, then you plow another area and open back up your crop list the list is messed up, you get half of a vegetable form the previous page and then two fruit on the page rather than 3 full items.
    2. Randomly as you are going across the screen you get what looks almost like a lightning strike across the screen, this appears to be a painting issue with the water causing a screen glitch.
    3. This one is an annoyance rather than a bug - all my preexisting building materials were taken away by the update. I had built a pretty good stash of building materials from people and they are all gone, not that I could use them before so I guess it isn't a biggy.
    4. Bouncing stars - when I water neighbors I now get bouncing stars, but only on one account. So when watering a neighbor I have to either collect the stars, or wait for them to collect themselves (or post a note saying I watered).

I will look around to see if there are notes for these yet, and send a support note later today when I can get to my email.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsShrek View Post
    On ipad, there are 2 columns on this screen. It me, it sounds almost like the window is not wide enough to show both columns on the android. Is this how it seems to you? I wonder if you Only selected the first person and complete the gift/request process, if it would then show your 2nd set of neighbors?
    I checked this very smart idea out but that's not the case for me. It takes me many times to gift my neighbors. I'm only getting about 5 at a time to send gifts to even though my whole list of about 70 is ready to be gifted.

Grand Emperor
    1. Messed up crop list - haven't seen.
    2. Lightening strike - have seen this on occasion even before the update.
    3. N/A, hadn't collected any materials before the update.
    4. Bouncing stars - haven't seen on Farm Story

Building glitch

I have a Galaxy Tab and downloaded the recent update for Farm Story. All well and good. I liked the new updates. The bouncing water gives me a headache sometimes but it does allow you to see which plants have been watered already. I also love the fact that at last those on Android can get so much more out of the game now with all the new updates. I have one problem though.

I tried to build a shed and with only one item missing for 2 gems to complete it, I was happy enough to do that. However within 10 seconds of the shed's completed construction, I get an 'out of sync' message and the shed once more becomes a hole in the ground. I didn't lose my gems so I did it again - for about 5 times with the same result. I re-started my device but it is the same outcome all the time.

I hope this glitch can be soon looked at and fixed. Until then, maybe it is best for me not to build anything.

Another question, if I uninstall FS and re-install it, will I lose my farm? I have noticed in some of the topics that this has been suggested though I'm not sure whether this applies to IOS devices only.

Update: I had to transfer this post to this forum as was suggested. I re-started my device, Galaxy Tab and found that the building issue with the shed had been fixed. I don't know for sure whether this really did the trick cos one neighbor gifted me with the missing material to complete it instead of buying the gems to do so. So far so good.

However, another problem keeps cropping up and that is, the unbuilt (as yet need more materials) koi pond keeps on crashing my device if I tap it to manage and see how much materials I still need. Any suggestions for this one? My device version is 2.2, FS version 1.3.1.

Grand Emperor
    Kooky, can you correct the typo in the title? "Incomplete" Thanks.

Senior Moderator
    You can delete and reinstall with no worries - your progress is saved on TLs servers, you won't lose anything. That may also help with the koi pond as well.
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

I am an android nbr and materials work the same as gfts as far as I can tell but not sure if both work in conjunction meaning they are grouped together so you can only receive 20 each day of gifts and materials combined.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast