View Poll Results: Do you use android or iphone/ipad?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Android

33 64.71%
  • Iphone/Ipad

18 35.29%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Regarding Android users

Rhino Keeper

Regarding Android users

Recently there have been heaps of comments from users of android phones about not getting the buildable appliances and drink machine/ice cream machine etc. (myself included).

I hope to post up some stats about android so that TL can realise that they have been neglecting a significant proportion of their users by not giving us the updates

so here they are :

This shows the market share of android as compared to iphone:

"New survey figures released by market metrics firm Nielsen show that Google?s Android operating system remained the most popular smartphone platform in the U.S. market, accounting for 38 percent of smartphone users." Source: https://www.technewsworld.com/story/72792.html

"As Android's popularity has soared, so too has its market share. According to a report released by ComScore earlier this month, Android secured 36.4 percent of the U.S. smartphone market during the first quarter of 2011, easily besting Apple's iOS platform, which controlled 26 percent of the market. Research In Motion and Microsoft followed with 25.7 percent and 6.7 percent of the market, respectively." Source:https://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20...ated-each-day/

I hope that TL reads this and realises that android users are not in the minority of users and that they shouldn't marginalise us anymore if they want us to continue playing.

Rhino Keeper
    nice poll.. good info

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cwmw View Post
    Recently there have been heaps of comments from users of android phones about not getting the buildable appliances and drink machine/ice cream machine etc. (myself included).

I hope to post up some stats about android so that TL can realise that they have been neglecting a significant proportion of their users by not giving us the updates

so here they are :

This shows the market share of android as compared to iphone:

"New survey figures released by market metrics firm Nielsen show that Google?s Android operating system remained the most popular smartphone platform in the U.S. market, accounting for 38 percent of smartphone users." Source: https://www.technewsworld.com/story/72792.html

"As Android's popularity has soared, so too has its market share. According to a report released by ComScore earlier this month, Android secured 36.4 percent of the U.S. smartphone market during the first quarter of 2011, easily besting Apple's iOS platform, which controlled 26 percent of the market. Research In Motion and Microsoft followed with 25.7 percent and 6.7 percent of the market, respectively." Source:https://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20...ated-each-day/

I hope that TL reads this and realises that android users are not in the minority of users and that they shouldn't marginalise us anymore if they want us to continue playing.
    Once again, this information is about smartphones only. iOS devices include iPod Touch and iPad as well as the iPhone. There are Android tablets as well, but they make up a very small share. The combined iOS market share dwarfs Android.

Executive Chef
    Also, by titling the thread "regarding Android users," you are disproportionately going to attract Android users to the poll and skew the results.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by driftboutique View Post
    Also, by titling the thread "regarding Android users," you are disproportionately going to attract Android users to the poll and skew the results.
    Have to agree, I only clicked onto this thread by accident and assumed it would just be for android users.

Executive Chef
    Once again, this information is about smartphones only. iOS devices include iPod Touch and iPad as well as the iPhone. There are Android tablets as well, but they make up a very small share. The combined iOS market share dwarfs Android.
    Nice. Good Point.

I don't have an iPhone but I do have iPad and iPod Touch 2nd generation. In my house, there are seven people who have iPod touches and all of them have team lava games. Don't you think that if Android had the biggest market, wouldn't Team Lava go with them first? Yeah, it sucks for Android users that they can't get the same thing as us. Great things come to those who are patient.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cast1532 View Post
    Nice. Good Point.

I don't have an iPhone but I do have iPad and iPod Touch 2nd generation. In my house, there are seven people who have iPod touches and all of them have team lava games. Don't you think that if Android had the biggest market, wouldn't Team Lava go with them first? Yeah, it sucks for Android users that they can't get the same thing as us. Great things come to those who are patient.
    ^^ This, word for word! ^^

Personally I don't mind the wait. We may not have ALL the features that the iDevices have, but little by little we are getting them, better versions even, they just have to go through iDevice beta testing first.

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Actually, I have an iPod. And, like Mog, I completely agree with cast.

Executive Chef
    There are plenty of other factors that may not be considered... but I'd like to think Android is getting more and more focus as of late.

Executive Chef
    I would have to disagree. Android phones are offered on more carriers than Apple phones, and therefore would have further penetration in the market.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast