Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else notice...

Rhino Keeper

Does anyone else notice...

some irregularities in the new bakery recipe pictures that you have to tap before it starts cooking ?

Its nothing serious - I'm probably just being slightly neurotic since I make alot of these recipes often, but Im wondering if Im the only one noticing this. For instance:

Angel Food Cake - You see milk and butter, which is the last two things you would find in an angel food cake; an intentionally low fat cake made mostly of whipped egg whites, sugar and flour.

Candy Apples - What's flour doing in a candy apple recipe ? Practically all the recipes Ive seen, calls for no flour. I tried to imagine the picture being sugar, but the wheat bag on the bag says otherwise.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hippoberry View Post
    some irregularities in the new bakery recipe pictures that you have to tap before it starts cooking ?

Its nothing serious - I'm probably just being slightly neurotic since I make alot of these recipes often, but Im wondering if Im the only one noticing this. For instance:

Angel Food Cake - You see milk and butter, which is the last two things you would find in an angel food cake; an intentionally low fat cake made mostly of whipped egg whites, sugar and flour.

Candy Apples - What's flour doing in a candy apple recipe ? Practically all the recipes Ive seen, calls for no flour. I tried to imagine the picture being sugar, but the wheat bag on the bag says otherwise.

There are a few of these irregularities in bakery and restaurant. I am continually amused by the fact that the primary ingredient in raw oysters is clams which have been cooked for four hours

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by driftboutique View Post
    There are a few of these irregularities in bakery and restaurant. I am continually amused by the fact that the primary ingredient in raw oysters is clams which have been cooked for four hours
    That is funny, the clams being part of the ingredients for oysters in this game.

Executive Chef
    Last time I made s'mores, there weren't any eggs involved as far as I can remember! 

Executive Chef
    They also use t-bone steak for the rack of lamb

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by hippoberry View Post

I noticed the flour in the candy apples, too! I don't make angel food cake, so I wouldn't have known what the ingredients are.

Grand Emperor
    The ingredients shown on the oven when the angel food cake is baking is the same image as for the strawberry cake. There is a bowl of pink icing that frosts the strawberry cake, but I haven't figured out what it is used for in the angel food cake recipe.

Grand Emperor
    I have no idea what cut of meat is used to make hot dogs, but our Gourmet Hotdogs are using stew meat. I guess when you grind your own meat to make your own hotdogs, you can charge $4 a serving when boiled lobster sells for $2 a plate.

RS has mushrooms on baked ham?!!

Well, for the glazed ham on RS, it makes more sense than the Candy Apples and flour.

My guess is that it is a mushroom glaze...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast