Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 2/01: The Mystical Desert (main story) | goals on page 1

Executive Chef
    Hooray! Finished! So happy to add to my island Desert Kingdom - ancient Egypt, Arabia, and more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2738.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	241.5 KB 
ID:	73908

Host(ess)

Blooms

Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    For part 3 only dew & jewels are the bottleneck. The blooms are very easy to get.
    The blooms are not really easy as you need a lot of trees! With one bloom per tree. Lot of chopping which takes energy. Just finished part 2 and wait for starting part 3 so that I can collect all the blooms needed.

Nightclub Owner
    As I have no coins shortage, I used the WW to chop >100 Desert Rose or Desert Hyacinth to stock some blooms. As the dew drop is slow, I could maintain a good stock until next WW.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    As I have no coins shortage, I used the WW to chop >100 Desert Rose or Desert Hyacinth to stock some blooms. As the dew drop is slow, I could maintain a good stock until next WW.
    Thank you for sharing your strategy. I am so glad to see we have an alternative to the willow!
    That has been my limiting factor in every other storyline like this. Everything else is pretty easy to get. I have been dreading part 2 because I remember how annoying it was to grow and chop the zillion willows for the last storyline.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Inventory Information
    Note: Until the story has been completed, all inventory info remains in this thread. Once validated, it will be transferred to the various Guides.

Desert Rock Tomb limit of 1 Can be sold
    CRAFTING BUILDING
    Info: Be careful not to disturb this place! An ancient tomb carved into a desert rock will surely hold many secrets, and perhaps, a few spirits.
    Cost: 2000 coins
    Size: 2x2
    Build: 5 mystical desert dew, 35 mithril, 45 spellbound dew, 8 mystical desert coin
    What can you craft?
    * Enter the Desert Rock Tomb, 5 minutes - 1 golden nugget, 1 golden egg (goal 7, Part 1)
    * Prepare a Desert Offering, 1 hour - 9 mystical desert scroll, 15 spellbound dew, 8 mystical desert dew (goal 9, Part 1)
    * Charm a Snake, 7 days - 25 glimmerdust | available at the completion of part 1 | craft rewards ? coal, jewels (drops requested)
    Here is what I have gotten from Charming a Snake…

# of collections: 4
    Drops: coal (BF), silver, iron ore (BF)

Note: (BF) means I got a black flag so there may have been other drops.
    Last edited by SylvanSanctuary; 04-21-24 at 09:17 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Will the cost of the shawl come down as more shawls are completed? I'm late (had 2 sick babies last week) in collecting and not sure I'm going to be able to complete in time. I'd just as soon pay the 200 now rather than wait, if I don't complete in time.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl8888 View Post
    Will the cost of the shawl come down as more shawls are completed? I'm late (had 2 sick babies last week) in collecting and not sure I'm going to be able to complete in time. I'd just as soon pay the 200 now rather than wait, if I don't complete in time.
    It depends on what cost you are referencing. The cost of an individual shawl will always remain the same. However the cost to complete a step with 20 shawls will decrease with every shawl you complete.

For example: Say a shawl is 1 gem (always closer to 50 or 200 but I like easy math).
    To buy a shawl, it will always be 1 gem.
    To complete a step that needs 20 shawls completing the step will start at 20 gems.
    If you craft 5 shawls, that will drop to 15 gems because you only need 15 more shawls.

Hopefully this helps.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSanctuary View Post
    It depends on what cost you are referencing. The cost of an individual shawl will always remain the same. However the cost to complete a step with 20 shawls will decrease with every shawl you complete.

For example: Say a shawl is 1 gem (always closer to 50 or 200 but I like easy math).
    To buy a shawl, it will always be 1 gem.
    To complete a step that needs 20 shawls completing the step will start at 20 gems.
    If you craft 5 shawls, that will drop to 15 gems because you only need 15 more shawls.

Hopefully this helps.
    So, I have 4 shawls with one making but when I open the Desert Rock Castle it says I still need 200 gems. Shouldn't it have decreased. Hope I'm not being dense.

Nightclub Owner
    So, I have 4 shawls with one making but when I open the Desert Rock Castle it says I still need 200 gems. Shouldn't it have decreased. Hope I'm not being dense.
    They cost 200 gems per shawl! See page 1
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    No, it means that the gem skip cost on the goal screen (in your blue book) will decrease the more you are able to craft. Keep going and make sure you're collecting from both the sawmill and the sparkling mine to craft as many as you can.

In the Rock Castle, that gem skip will not change as that is only the cost per shawl to gem skip - if you do need to skip, it will likely be much more cheaper to gem skip in the Magic Forge for the last couple of mystical sand jewels you need rather than buy a fully built shawl.